NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 09-06-2012, 11:31 AM

Mark - Nice to have you join us here. Somebody just sold a group of 64 of these cards on EBay, so I can fill in some of the missing numbers for you.

64 - Jerome Keogh
85 - George Low
86 - Jack Hobens
89 - Willie Hoppe (playing)

- Dave
Old 09-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Scott S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveW View Post
Mark - Nice to have you join us here. Somebody just sold a group of 64 of these cards on EBay, so I can fill in some of the missing numbers for you.

64 - Jerome Keogh
85 - George Low
86 - Jack Hobens
89 - Willie Hoppe (playing)

- Dave
Hey Dave,

I bought that group of the 64 C52's on eBay last week, and got them in hand yesterday. Some of the backs weren't scanned in the listing, so I can review when I get home to see if i can fill in any of the other blanks as well!

Scott

Last edited by scooter729; 09-06-2012 at 02:02 PM.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:59 PM

Nice pickup Scott! I talked to the seller and got scans of the rest of the cards before the auction, so I doubt that you will find anything new. If you (or anybody else) wants a copy of my latest spreadsheet, I'll be happy to send it to you. I've updated it with all the factory numbers, error cards, etc. There are over 600 front/back/factory combos and I only have about 15 left that I need to verify.
- Dave
Old 09-06-2012, 11:17 PM
Mark T.

Thumbs up C-52 info

Well thanks for the welcome and the information Dave and Scott. Thanks to your help only (3) to figure out #60, 82 & 91 and continue to keep my eyes out for double printed numbers in the early series. My gut tells me the MIA numbers will be; Fred Herreshoff GOLF, Alfredo de Oro POOL & Charles Weston POOL - just a hunch as they are the only golfers and billiard players not yet represented.

Since you mentioned a lot that recently sold I took a peek to see what was out there on evil Bay and noted your postings Scott. Though I have nearly 600 T-218's in my master collection I still need about 60 cards in the Imperial Tobacco set with the Boxers, Smith, Tippett, Riley & O'Callaghan on my list. I may take a stab at the Boxers and Golfer but am less likely to go for the larger lot that would result in plenty of dupes.

Speaking of dupes I have hundreds of T-218's available if anyone is interested - I mostly like to trade (I'm an OBC & VCT member) and I'm still searching for a few "commons" for my Master set. Filling out the 30 or so Tolstoi's I still need is more likely to consume the remainder of my time on earth, but I'm shooting for another 40 - 50 years so it could be possible (especially if I hit the lottery).

Thanks again gentlemen - I hope my initial listing helped you fellas out and I appreciate your assistance as I near closer to completion of the "fact finding" mission I've been on for quite some time now - BE WELL!!!!
Old 10-16-2012, 07:08 PM
Scott S

I was fortunate enough recently to pick up most of the remaining cards I needed for my C52 set, so I can fill in the blanks on the last three numbers from Mark's list above.

Mark was right about his speculations on #'s 60, 82 and 91 - as you can see from the scans below, they are Herreshoff, Weston and De Oro.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg c52.jpg (54.5 KB, 461 views)
Old 10-18-2012, 10:36 AM

Wow Scott - nice job! How do you keep finding these cards? You must have people watching every antique store in Canada! So now we have accounted for all the numbers from 1 to 100 with 9 known numbers that have 2 cards (numbers 3,4,5,6,7,8,26,33 and 50). Do we think all the low numbers (1 thru 50) have 2 cards? I recently found a C52 of Fielding. Unfortunately, it's missing some paper on the back where the number should be, but it's clearly a C52. Any idea what number it is?
- Dave
Old 10-23-2012, 07:44 AM
Scott S

Hi Dave,

I don't have a C52 Fielding, so I'm not sure about the number on that one. I'd be really surprised if the whole first 50 card series has multiple cards for each number though; my 100 or so cards were gathered independent from Mark's list above, and I have no overlapping cards he didn't list.

So maybe Fielding is an addition to the C52 set as you have one, but that might mean there are 10-12 duplicate numbers, and not quite 50.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:09 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Slight hijack here: I have a few extra T218 boxing Tolstois I'd be willing to trade for ones I need.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...