NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 07-27-2020, 01:36 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Default Will you get vaccinated against COVID once it's available?

I was reading the thread on the main page about the 14 Marlins players testing positive for COVID and Jake made an interesting statement. He basically said that the virus will be around for years to come because 20-30% of people are not going to get a vaccine.

I'll be in that 20-30% (if not larger). I'm going to pass and take my chances with the virus.

Will you get vaccinated against COVID once it's available?
Old 07-27-2020, 01:54 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
I was reading the thread on the main page about the 14 Marlins players testing positive for COVID and Jake made an interesting statement. He basically said that the virus will be around for years to come because 20-30% of people are not going to get a vaccine.

I'll be in that 20-30% (if not larger). I'm going to pass and take my chances with the virus.

right...another interesting comment by me.

There will be a big debate on the news places about whether we have to cater to the non vaccinated people......so will restaurants have to keep distancing customers etc or be liable etc...or maybe a covid and and non covid vaccine seating section.

we are going to be living with covid for years go come..

i bet you it will be in the thousands in terms of people that die or get really sick as a result of taking a vacinne which can occur when you talking about a BILLION + doses.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:17 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
There will be a big debate on the news places about whether we have to cater to the non vaccinated people......so will restaurants have to keep distancing customers etc or be liable etc...or maybe a covid and and non covid vaccine seating section.
I really wanted to keep this more like a survey instead of a discussion, but you bring up another interesting point. Once restaurants and other businesses fully reopen, how would they know who has been vaccinated and who hasn't? In other words, if they wanted refuse service to those that haven't been vaccinated, how would they do that? As far as I know, you can't legally ask that question. Anybody could lie and say they had when they hadn't.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 07-27-2020 at 02:18 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:38 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
I really wanted to keep this more like a survey instead of a discussion, but you bring up another interesting point. Once restaurants and other businesses fully reopen, how would they know who has been vaccinated and who hasn't? In other words, if they wanted refuse service to those that haven't been vaccinated, how would they do that? As far as I know, you can't legally ask that question. Anybody could lie and say they had when they hadn't.
They wont, but im sure they will put out a sign saying 'dine at your own risk'

There may be laws against suing restaurants in which you can prove you were infected that could apply but thats going to be by political lines

What about schools, i guess you will want to home school kids if they arent vaccinated...that debate will rage on in many areas and will go on for years.

If its a religious belief not to have vaccinations does the whole school now have to cater to that even though costs would be through the roof and there will be even more numbers saying risk to youth very low....

will go on and on........ its going to be the new normal....players out with covid the new normal as well..
Old 07-27-2020, 02:41 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I've never had a flu shot in my life, I'm not starting now. No.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:44 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim65 View Post
I've never had a flu shot in my life, I'm not starting now. No.
right so you will be at risk anytime you go out for the next 3 years at least.....not taking any position, there will be millions just like you.......is what it is.. the new normal...
Old 07-27-2020, 03:16 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
They wont, but im sure they will put out a sign saying 'dine at your own risk'

There may be laws against suing restaurants in which you can prove you were infected that could apply but thats going to be by political lines

What about schools, i guess you will want to home school kids if they arent vaccinated...that debate will rage on in many areas and will go on for years.
If the GOP can get it through by trading something with the Democrats, there will be a zero liability clause for businesses...I heard up to 5 years. Businesses would probably still put out dine at own risk placards, but they would feel much safer about it.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 07-27-2020, 03:31 PM
Al Wright

Not trying to dodge the question, but for me I want to see particulars about any vaccine before I make a decision. The expected efficacy level and challenge stage safety results will have to be made available.

I have no built in bias against one. Get the flu shot each year even though it's a crap shoot on an individual basis, and received all the standard immunizations that any post WWII child was given.

I'll take it if persuaded it's effective (even if only at a public health level), and most of all safe.

Last edited by 58pinson; 07-27-2020 at 03:32 PM.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:00 PM
James M.

Quote:

I am. My job involves me being around a lot of people on a day to day basis, and I help take care of my parents. Since it looks like I'm going to go back to work soon, I'm going to get vaccinated the moment it comes out and I can get it. It won't be infallible but It's better than nothing in my opinion.
Old 07-27-2020, 02:13 PM
Tim Odeen

I don't think I will have much of a choice. I am at at-risk individual, and my two jobs in education (high school and college) mean I work around hundreds of different people. My father is at-risk with lung problems. It'll be what it is (I'm kind of a fatalistic person). And if I die, my wife has a hefty life insurance policy on me to help ease the pain.

I'd get a DNR bracelet, but my wife would probably kill me if I did.
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 11-14-2020, 06:22 PM
Banned

When the second wave of folks take it.
Old 11-14-2020, 06:41 PM
�tis J�hns�n

To answer the original question: Yes, absolutely.
Old 11-14-2020, 07:44 PM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

I get every vaccine and flu. I Wont get the covid shot just because these other vaccines have so much long term data behind them where the covid shot doesn't.
Old 11-15-2020, 03:28 AM

Yes. I'm young and healthy, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't respect other people's right to remain healthy should I contract the virus and remain asymptomatic.

Greater good, folks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maniac_73 View Post
I get every vaccine and flu. I Wont get the covid shot just because these other vaccines have so much long term data behind them where the covid shot doesn't.
I wasn't alive, but I don't think anyone hesitated to get the polio vaccine...

Last edited by rjp087; 11-15-2020 at 03:29 AM.
Old 11-15-2020, 08:14 AM
CostA Kl@d1@n0s

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjp087 View Post
Yes. I'm young and healthy, but that doesn't mean I shouldn't respect other people's right to remain healthy should I contract the virus and remain asymptomatic.

Greater good, folks.

I wasn't alive, but I don't think anyone hesitated to get the polio vaccine...

The first polio vaccine was a disaster which actually caused polio and killed ppl

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-04-2021, 02:31 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Found something useful for my card

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-05-2021, 02:13 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post

That's a pre-2015 flip. Mexican fake?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 05-06-2021, 09:47 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:

That's really off-center for a 10.

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 05-07-2021, 03:54 PM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
That's really off-center for a 10.
Dmitri Young submitted it...
Old 05-10-2021, 07:04 AM
Pete Costanzo

Not for me. I’m sure nothing’s wrong with it, but if I have a better chance of getting in a car crash and dying going to or from work, I’ll take my chances.

Old 05-10-2021, 08:02 AM

I'm just wondering what some of you would do if you did get COVID. Would your principles exclude you from accepting any treatment for something that either isn't as bad as they say or only kills 2% of the people who get it?
Old 05-10-2021, 08:07 AM

I took the J&J early on -- no issues. Look forward to getting back to my two favorite retirement activities -- playing poker and shooting pool.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:21 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I'm just wondering what some of you would do if you did get COVID. Would your principles exclude you from accepting any treatment for something that either isn't as bad as they say or only kills 2% of the people who get it?
I can't speak for everyone that declines the vaccine, but I think most of us are not antivaxxers. We're just not convinced that enough research and testing has gone into the vaccine to inject ourselves with it. I'm grateful for the previous administration's decision to start working on a vaccine immediately without delay (in January of last year), but it's just way too soon. It hasn't even been approved by the FDA yet. If within a couple of years or so it's determined there are no long term side effects, I'll probably get it myself.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:33 AM

That is a thoughtful answer and I appreciate it but I'm not really talking about the vaccine. I guess what I mean is there is a lot of trivializing in this thread. People on the board have made it known they've lost people to the virus. Suggesting it isn't a big deal or only kills X people may be trivializing that loss.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:59 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
That is a thoughtful answer and I appreciate it but I'm not really talking about the vaccine. I guess what I mean is there is a lot of trivializing in this thread. People on the board have made it known they've lost people to the virus. Suggesting it isn't a big deal or only kills X people may be trivializing that loss.
Ahh, got it. Not minimalizing those deaths, but let's be honest. Admittedly, all those that I've read about on this board had underlying health conditions. Those folks would have probably had the same fate had they had a severe bout of the flu. Again, just being honest.

Edited to add: For someone in otherwise good health, the survival rate is an important factor.

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 05-10-2021 at 09:00 AM.
Old 05-10-2021, 08:38 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
You mean take in fluids, maintain good hygiene and bedrest?
cant' Imagine anyone would say NO to that!

Old 05-10-2021, 08:39 AM

Again, you're sort of trivializing what people go through. I doubt anyone who's sat around a family member on a ventilator thought it was a joke.
Old 05-10-2021, 09:31 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Again, you're sort of trivializing what people go through. I doubt anyone who's sat around a family member on a ventilator thought it was a joke.
No just the 98% . Majority rules, last time I checked.

And for the record my dad died of 'something possibly sars related" years before covid existed. They just weren't testing for it then. Same exact symptoms, diabetic. 64 years young. I believe in fate, sure it sucks, but you can't cheat death.

Old 05-11-2021, 06:13 PM
Peter Nordquist

No

Old 11-24-2021, 05:34 PM
Peter Nordquist

Not if I can help it

Old 12-03-2021, 01:33 PM
John

What!

Old 12-03-2021, 03:37 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
Hey now! Leave poor bigfoot out of this.
Between the pandemic and people not looking for him the number of subs etc abandoned in a panic by people spotting him is WAY down... So much so that he's had to resort to selling his lefty cards through PWCC...
I have always wanted to go to one of the many BigFoot museums. I think they would be fun to go through.

Quote:
Originally Posted by orioles70 View Post
What!

Nice pic of Bob in a costume.
Old 12-03-2021, 06:52 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Nice pic of Bob in a costume.
I think that's Theo Epstein leaving Fenway on Halloween 2005.
Old 12-03-2021, 10:18 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
What!

My 8yo son is a believer after he saw those stupid chasing bigfoot shows on Discovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Old 12-03-2021, 10:25 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
My 8yo son is a believer after he saw those stupid chasing bigfoot shows on Discovery.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
I’d like to have Bigfoot’s mileage points. Dude travels all across the USA on a regular basis just to let people get a ‘glimpse’ of him.

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 12-04-2021, 12:27 AM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
What!

Why do they call this creature Bigfoot instead of BigButt?
Old 12-04-2021, 05:38 AM
D@le Irv*n

And, we broke a 1,000 yesterday, and just a couple/few weeks ago we were below 400 despite the fact we are approaching an 88% vaccination rate.

Ontario reports more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for first time in six months.78
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-r...85EOv_Rqc6g630
Attached Images
File Type: jpg coooviid2.jpg (60.2 KB, 284 views)
Old 12-04-2021, 06:39 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
And, we broke a 1,000 yesterday, and just a couple/few weeks ago we were below 400 despite the fact we are approaching an 88% vaccination rate.

Ontario reports more than 1,000 new COVID-19 cases for first time in six months.78
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-r...85EOv_Rqc6g630
Yep that is exactly how vaccines work. It is how we eradicated the flu.
Old 12-04-2021, 09:02 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Yep that is exactly how vaccines work. It is how we eradicated the flu.
They're awesome vaccines! I honestly don't understand the vaccine hesitancy??

499 fully vaccinated cases today and 469 in the unvaccinated. Sure makes one want to rush out and get these jabs!!

And, like anyone with a brain could see, the number of vaccinated cases in the ICU is also closing the gap on the unvaccinated.

It's amazing that some still advocate and endorse these vaccines despite these numbers.

""The number of new COVID-19 cases in Ontario continue to grow, reaching the highest total since May 30""

""The number of active cases went up to 7,540""

https://www.durhamradionews.com/archives/148290
Old 03-12-2022, 09:34 AM

Covid is over, and only affecting those who got the jab. This was biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people, and on top of that, tried to make sure you didn't have access to the cures (ivermectin, HCQ), and banned people who tried to tell you how to cure yourself.
Old 03-12-2022, 07:52 PM
Matt

Quote:
Originally Posted by energyrater1 View Post
Covid is over, and only affecting those who got the jab. This was biggest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people, and on top of that, tried to make sure you didn't have access to the cures (ivermectin, HCQ), and banned people who tried to tell you how to cure yourself.
+1.
HCQ was banned as a treatment option in 2020 by our governor here in MI, unfortunately. My wife bought ivermectin (horse paste to the MSM viewers) from Tractor Supply and it greatly helped cure several of my family members when combined with Zinc, including myself, who contracted Covid last year.
Old 03-13-2022, 02:17 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
+1.
HCQ was banned as a treatment option in 2020 by our governor here in MI, unfortunately. My wife bought ivermectin (horse paste to the MSM viewers) from Tractor Supply and it greatly helped cure several of my family members when combined with Zinc, including myself, who contracted Covid last year.
Please correct me if I am wrong. The ivermectin you wife bought at TSC didn't come in a Apple flavored paste with a picture of a horse on the package with dosing instructions for a horse did it?

Saying that I would take it in a second, just want to call it what it is no matter the side you are on. Animal OTC medications/vitamins are way better quality than the same for humans. The ones for animals are actually tested and contain what is on the label.
Old 03-13-2022, 02:36 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Please correct me if I am wrong. The ivermectin you wife bought at TSC didn't come in a Apple flavored paste with a picture of a horse on the package with dosing instructions for a horse did it?

Saying that I would take it in a second, just want to call it what it is no matter the side you are on. Animal OTC medications/vitamins are way better quality than the same for humans. The ones for animals are actually tested and contain what is on the label.
Maybe the horse version of ivermectin works, but the better-quality studies consistently have showed the pills don't. That said, I do think we will eventually get to where most serious cases are treatable.

https://sciencebasedmedicine.org/ive...ud-everywhere/

https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/35179551/

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 03-13-2022 at 02:38 PM.
Old 03-13-2022, 04:07 PM
D@le Irv*n

Like I mentioned above,,,as a "pre-covid" measure.

Another Pubmed study that clearly shows there is something there using ivermectin as a preventative measure, like one taking their vitamins bi-weekly or daily.

Ivermectin, as I also said above, is cheap. Is it any wonder why, because "they" cared about our health and well being so much, it wasn't suggested as a pre-covid preventative medicine/measure?

"Our study aimed to describe SARS-CoV2 infection and death rates in African countries that participated in an intensive Ivermectin mass campaign carried out to control onchocerciasis and compare them with those of countries that did not participate"

"Results: After controlling for different factors, including the Human Development Index (HDI), APOC countries (vs. non-APOC), show 28% lower mortality (0.72; 95% CI: 0.67-0.78) and 8% lower rate of infection (0.92; 95% CI: 0.91-0.93) due to COVID-19"

"Conclusions: The incidence in mortality rates and number of cases is significantly lower among the APOC countries compared to non-APOC countries. That a mass public health preventive campaign against COVID-19 may have taken place, inadvertently, in some African countries with massive community ivermectin use is an attractive hypothesis".
https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/33795896/

Another study from the National Institute of Health.

Results and discussion
Our study compared the incidence of COVID-19 among countries with different PCT campaigns and those countries in which PCT is non-existent. It is perhaps obvious that the latter group is by far the largest. It should also not be surprising that this set of samples had a rather large variability (Fig. 1 ). However, in spite of this, the difference between nations that deploy PCT using ivermectin and those that do not use any PCT turned out to be highly significant (adjusted significance P < 0.01). These initial results were obtained on 15 April 2020 and because at that time SARS-CoV-2 was still being detected in new countries on an almost daily basis, we chose to monitor the situation and observe whether this correlation would over time become less significant. We updated our calculations and added additional newly affected countries several times throughout the month of May 2020 and noticed that the observed association between ivermectin MDA and lower COVID-19 incidence actually grew strictly stronger over time. By 5 June 2020, the adjusted significance had improved to P < 0.001, actually reported by IBM SPSS Statistics as 0.000. It has remained at that level since.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7698683/

And another one.
https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....26.21254377v1
"Conclusions The morbidity and mortality in the onchocerciasis endemic countries are lesser than those in the non-endemic ones. The community-directed onchocerciasis treatment with ivermectin is the most reasonable explanation for the decrease in morbidity and fatality rate in Africa. In areas where ivermectin is distributed to and used by the entire population, it leads to a significant reduction in mortality"

Last edited by irv; 03-13-2022 at 04:15 PM.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:41 PM
Matt

Quote:

Yes Ben, that's the stuff and it comes in a slender yellow box. The apple flavor tastes like rubber bands and she also purchased/stockpiled some of the non-flavored version in the white boxes, too. We have a nurse friend at a local hospital who's seen their protocoled treatment not work and she suggested we try it. My wife's online research indicated the human dosage at '1 click' of the dispenser per 50 lbs of weight. Worked well for us.

On a side note, my wife also contracted a nagging cough early this past December that was originally diagnosed as bronchitis, as she was Covid negative. She was prescribed meds that didn't help, so she went to a different doctor about a month later. This doctor diagnosed her with pneumonia and prescribed her other meds that really weren't doing much either. So our same nurse friend suggested trying the Ivermectin again at '2 clicks' per 50 lbs of my wife's weight and her cough and pneumonia disappeared very quickly. Kind of crazy. That's our story.

On another side note. After she ordered several batches of the Ivermectin from Tractor Supply, she began receiving emails from them asking how 'our horse' was doing.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:01 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kzoo View Post
Yes Ben, that's the stuff and it comes in a slender yellow box. The apple flavor tastes like rubber bands and she also purchased/stockpiled some of the non-flavored version in the white boxes, too. We have a nurse friend at a local hospital who's seen their protocoled treatment not work and she suggested we try it. My wife's online research indicated the human dosage at '1 click' of the dispenser per 50 lbs of weight. Worked well for us.

On a side note, my wife also contracted a nagging cough early this past December that was originally diagnosed as bronchitis, as she was Covid negative. She was prescribed meds that didn't help, so she went to a different doctor about a month later. This doctor diagnosed her with pneumonia and prescribed her other meds that really weren't doing much either. So our same nurse friend suggested trying the Ivermectin again at '2 clicks' per 50 lbs of my wife's weight and her cough and pneumonia disappeared very quickly. Kind of crazy. That's our story.

On another side note. After she ordered several batches of the Ivermectin from Tractor Supply, she began receiving emails from them asking how 'our horse' was doing.
I would appreciate more details on dosage, was it just one dose or multiple? Did any of you get any of the side effects? How much zinc did you take with it? How fast did it start working with Covid symptoms? I like info from someone who actually took it over random internet searches.

I done a little research today just on it with out Covid in the search to avoid any bias. It seemed that it was very safe to take and any side effects where mild for most.
Old 03-13-2022, 08:45 AM
Michael

Quote:
Covid is over
Tell that to the 1,670 people, on average, who died in the US every day for the last 28 days. Oh wait, you can't.

Quote:
and only affecting those who got the jab.
Yeah, no need for me to read anymore.
Old 03-13-2022, 09:09 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Tell that to the 1,670 people, on average, who died in the US every day for the last 28 days. Oh wait, you can't.

Yeah, no need for me to read anymore.

Has the overall death toll % changed in the last 10 years will all these added deaths? I cant seem to find much deviation. I'm seeing a steady .10 increase.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220313-111648_Chrome.jpg (134.3 KB, 109 views)

Last edited by Republicaninmass; 03-13-2022 at 09:25 AM.
Old 03-13-2022, 12:23 PM
Michael

Quote:
Has the overall death toll % changed in the last 10 years will all these added deaths? I cant seem to find much deviation. I'm seeing a steady .10 increase.
Good question, but I don't think the answer, which you've posted, gives us any idea regarding the effects of Covid on the US death rates. Although one would expect a larger increase in the growth rate between 2019 and 2020, I don't see that. It's interesting that the death rate growth declined pretty much every year between 2014 and 2021. It's also confusing that they have 2022 data in the list. We're only 2 months into the year and I'm surprised they would have anything for it. One obvious reason for a growth in the death rate is the aging population. But it's curious that there was a big jump in the growth rate between 2013 and 2014. What happened then?

I also need to point out that I left out a key word in my previous post. It should have read, "Tell that to the 1,670 people, on average, who died of Covid in the US every day for the last 28 days."
Old 03-14-2022, 04:48 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinMike View Post
Good question, but I don't think the answer, which you've posted, gives us any idea regarding the effects of Covid on the US death rates. Although one would expect a larger increase in the growth rate between 2019 and 2020, I don't see that. It's interesting that the death rate growth declined pretty much every year between 2014 and 2021. It's also confusing that they have 2022 data in the list. We're only 2 months into the year and I'm surprised they would have anything for it. One obvious reason for a growth in the death rate is the aging population. But it's curious that there was a big jump in the growth rate between 2013 and 2014. What happened then?

I also need to point out that I left out a key word in my previous post. It should have read, "Tell that to the 1,670 people, on average, who died of Covid in the US every day for the last 28 days."
Here's a correction for you. They did NOT die "of COVID". They did WITH COVID. Just one of a number of ways that inaccurate information keeps getting pushed. And it is a valid distinction.

Do I get this from FOX News? No, from the CDC itself.
https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/nvss/vsrr/c....htm#AgeAndSex