NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-02-2014, 02:05 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Default BST Etiquette - friendly reminder on a few rules...

The past few weeks, I've been spending time almost every day responding to "Reported Posts" and other inquiries about rules being broken in the BST area. So I thought I'd take the time to remind everyone about a few of our guidelines for this section -

1.) Please no more than 3-4 threads at one time on the first page. We want everyone to have a fair chance to have their cards/requests listed in the most visible locations.

2.) Please don’t bump your thread more than once every 3-4 days. Again, we just want everyone to have a chance to have their threads seen.

** Regarding rules 1 and 2, I have had to delete several posts lately when I’ve seen that people are ignoring these two rules. I really don’t want to have to be deleting or consolidating anyone’s threads so please remember to keep your fellow board members in mind when posting/bumping in BST.

3.) Only persons involved in a potential transaction should be responding to a BST post, however benign or favorable comments are generally permitted by third parties. Here is an example of the type of commentary that I'm seeing more and more of which is NOT permitted.

- seller lists a Cal Ripken PSA 5 rookie for $100
- someone responds and says "But you can get a PSA 6 at such-and-such location for $25 cheaper!..."

Or another one…

- “Is that price a typo??”

These sort of responses are against the rules. If you feel you need to contact the individual about the price, please utilize our "Private Message" feature to contact them discreetly. Any response to a listing that is critical/negative in nature or otherwise interferes in a potential transaction is against the rules on the board. The only exception here is if the item in question is fake, grossly misrepresented or any other situation where fraud may be a concern. Aside from those extremes, this sort of communication needs to be handled privately moving forward.

Thanks all, much appreciated!

Last edited by shammus; 10-02-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:30 PM
Jimi

Thanks, Brian!

This seems to be an issue especially in the '50s-'79 BST. I don't understand why people can't consolidate their threads. If you are selling a Clemente RC and an Aaron RC only, there is no reason to separate those into two different threads. Just an example.
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 10-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Daryl

I believe I'm the culprit of the "typo" post. My apologies Brian.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:33 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimivintage View Post
Thanks, Brian!

This seems to be an issue especially in the '50s-'79 BST. I don't understand why people can't consolidate their threads. If you are selling a Clemente RC and an Aaron RC only, there is no reason to separate those into two different threads. Just an example.
Hey Jimi, I here where your coming from on that.

If I were to sell those 2 cards, I would list them in separate threads IF I wasn't selling anything else. I would only have 2 threads, those are pretty iconic cards, Id consider both high value and would want to make it as easy as possible for people to view/interpret and 2 threads would suit that better IMO. Now listing multiple 54's or 55's in separate threads would yank my chain a bit though.

Thanks for all your hard work Brian!
Old 10-02-2014, 03:53 PM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Daryl - No worries man. Actually, I wasn't aiming that comment at any particular person. I've seen several variations of that question - "Is that the right price....", "Is that a mistake...." and so on.
Old 10-02-2014, 03:55 PM
Jimi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainier2004 View Post
Hey Jimi, I here where your coming from on that.

If I were to sell those 2 cards, I would list them in separate threads IF I wasn't selling anything else. I would only have 2 threads, those are pretty iconic cards, Id consider both high value and would want to make it as easy as possible for people to view/interpret and 2 threads would suit that better IMO. Now listing multiple 54's or 55's in separate threads would yank my chain a bit though.

Thanks for all your hard work Brian!
Good point, I didn't think of that. I guess if I just had those two cards, I personally would list them in the same thread and have the title reflect that. It was just an example of the type of stuff I see in the BST.
jimivintage@yahoo.com
Jimi
Old 10-02-2014, 04:17 PM
FredYoung

Default Hi Brian--

As a frequent lister in the Auction BST, I find everyone pretty much plays by the rules & it seems to run pretty smoothly.

I have 1 suggestion regarding Rule 2. Since most Auctions are only 1-4 days long, why not allow only 2 bumps per listing--use them when you please, but only 2 bumps per!

That's about what everyone uses anyhow--just make it official!

How does that sound?
Old 10-02-2014, 04:21 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
As a frequent lister in the Auction BST, I find everyone pretty much plays by the rules & it seems to run pretty smoothly.

I have 1 suggestion regarding Rule 2. Since most Auctions are only 1-4 days long, why not allow only 2 bumps per listing--use them when you please, but only 2 bumps per!

That's about what everyone uses anyhow--just make it official!

How does that sound?
That is a great suggestion for the Auction section Fred. I second it.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:37 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post

1.) Please no more than 3-4 threads at one time on the first page.
I was wondering if we had decided to blow off the above bit of etiquette. Thanks for posting this.
Old 10-02-2014, 04:59 PM
K Farrell

Bummer - Now that I know the rules the number of my posts will be greatly reduced. I always thought that Frank's auctions were fair game hassling him. Oh well - I guess that I could actually buy some more stuff.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:07 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildfireschulte View Post
Bummer - Now that I know the rules the number of my posts will be greatly reduced. I always thought that Frank's auctions were fair game hassling him. Oh well - I guess that I could actually buy some more stuff.
Hassle bumps are always appreciated.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-02-2014, 05:26 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

^^^^ wonders if he should offer up his services as a "shill bumper"?
Old 10-02-2014, 05:56 PM
Banned

Last edited by Rollingstone206; 10-11-2014 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:04 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingstone206 View Post
As far as etiquette goes,

Maybe its just me, I was surprised when I never received a message from a buyer letting me know they received a $500 card sent FedEx Express in good order. Is that a norm on the buying side of things?
Yes it is. I don't have paypal and send $ for payment and I rarely get confirmation that the payment was received or cards shipped. I have had many great transactions with some great people there just seems to be very little communication with the transactions.

The part that was weird to me at first is how many people ship cards in a PWE.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:15 PM
$teve O.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Yes it is. I don't have paypal and send $ for payment and I rarely get confirmation that the payment was received or cards shipped. I have had many great transactions with some great people there just seems to be very little communication with the transactions.

The part that was weird to me at first is how many people ship cards in a PWE.
I don't have paypal either,and when I send the payment,I always let the seller know the payment is on its way,and ask if they would let me know when they get.They usually do.
Old 10-02-2014, 06:46 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

I don't always confirm receipt but I always let someone know if something doesn't make it. I admit I usually use the "no news is good news" rule....but best etiquette is to confirm.
Old 10-03-2014, 05:08 AM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Is it possible or would it. Be a good idea to have a sub forum to provide feedback on transactions?

Where topic of the threads can only be a user id. If you want to know about a seller, just check their thread.
I know people put names of successful transactions in their signature, but personally the list is too long sometimes or it contains mostly the active sellers, and anyone that uses tapatalk never sees signatures.
Old 10-03-2014, 07:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewing View Post
Is it possible or would it. Be a good idea to have a sub forum to provide feedback on transactions?

Where topic of the threads can only be a user id. If you want to know about a seller, just check their thread.
I know people put names of successful transactions in their signature, but personally the list is too long sometimes or it contains mostly the active sellers, and anyone that uses tapatalk never sees signatures.
There is a way to do it but not sure it's right for our forum. I understand there are some issues but they aren't that prevalent and the need hasn't outweighed the other issues WITH having one. As we have stated, the less involvement from mgt the better. I am on some other forums with lots of rules....and they might need them.

Generally, as stated, if you click and see the members tenure on the board, previous posts, threads and interactions you get a good idea of who they are. And you can always PM me, Brian, Dan (the other mod) or another member to get feedback on someone too.

I think when people would start giving opinions of others it could get sticky and the mods would have to get more involved (and we don't want that)...
Old 10-03-2014, 10:42 AM
Brian McQueen
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rollingstone206 View Post
As far as etiquette goes,

Maybe its just me, I was surprised when I never received a message from a buyer letting me know they received a $500 card sent FedEx Express in good order. Is that a norm on the buying side of things?
I actually started adding a "#4" to my original post here that just focused on communication, however since nothing involving good communication is mentioned in the actual rules, I left it off so that I could drive home a couple points about the rules that we actually do have down in writing.

But yes, in our community, a little bit of good communication goes a long way -

Should you take the time to respond and/or thank someone who took the time to send you scans of a card you might like? Yes. Should you let your trading partner know that the expensive cards he sent you made it? Yes. If you would prefer to pass on a particular card or transaction in a potential swap, should you politely let the other person know so they can move on to other transactions and not be stuck holding a card for you? Yes.

Like someone said earlier, generally speaking, it's best to over-communicate rather than under-communicate.

Communication points like those up above aren't in any sort of rules listing that we have but that doesn't mean they shouldn't be utilized. The black and white reality of all this is, if you're wanting to do business on the board, people are going to need to feel comfortable working with you and trusting you with potentially hundreds or even thousands of dollars of their hard earned money/collectibles. I've seen a few people on here earn themselves bad reputations because their communication skills are lousy, amongst other things.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:11 PM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

I am laxed on communication when it comes to receiving cards unless I am asked for this information (as I recently was), in which case I comply.

When sending cards that are deemed high value I do signature confirmation with tracking, so I tend to just confirm by looking at the tracking. If tracking isn't working correctly than I may send a note asking if they received it. Generally though I am like Leon and go with "no news is good news".

As far as confirming people. If I haven't seen the person interact on the board or hasn't dealt with me before I have asked other member's for their opinion (in PM not in it's own thread). Every time I have gotten a response back and the deal was completed.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:07 PM
Jim M.arinari

Quote:
Originally Posted by shammus View Post
Should you take the time to respond and/or thank someone who took the time to send you scans of a card you might like? Yes. Should you let your trading partner know that the expensive cards he sent you made it? Yes. If you would prefer to pass on a particular card or transaction in a potential swap, should you politely let the other person know so they can move on to other transactions and not be stuck holding a card for you? Yes.
I agree. HOWEVER, please communicated via email or PM. It is a bit irritating when a dead thread gets bumped when someone responds 10 days after "Got it, love it!" Along this line, I believe proper etiquette is to EDIT the thread title to show the item is sold or sent to eBay, etc., rather than bump the thread.

Just my $.0214 (including tax)
Old 10-03-2014, 01:20 PM
Luke Lyon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deertick View Post
I agree. HOWEVER, please communicated via email or PM. It is a bit irritating when a dead thread gets bumped when someone responds 10 days after "Got it, love it!" Along this line, I believe proper etiquette is to EDIT the thread title to show the item is sold or sent to eBay, etc., rather than bump the thread.

Just my $.0214 (including tax)
I agree with this. Dead threads being bumped for no reason and people bumping thwir threads just to say the item is sold are both annoying and not necesary. If your item is gone, then your thread does not need to be bumped to the top. Seems pretty simple.
Old 10-03-2014, 01:40 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Another pet peeve to be mentioned.

A poll with 47 replies currently, all resulting in bumps, is selling nothing and is on top of one of the BST sections.

I think this violates the 2 bump rule by 45 and will not result in a sale if it is bumped 400 times.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:08 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Another pet peeve to be mentioned.

A poll with 47 replies currently, all resulting in bumps, is selling nothing and is on top of one of the BST sections.

I think this violates the 2 bump rule by 45 and will not result in a sale if it is bumped 400 times.
If it is the same thread I am thinking you are wrong it is about to sell several $10 beaters for $60-$70 each.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:59 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
If it is the same thread I am thinking you are wrong it is about to sell several $10 beaters for $60-$70 each.
I totally understand the annoyance. Pero au contraire et y compromiso, caveat emptor has always been a caution on the BST. In the words of Sr. Al Natural, "if you don't know by now don't mess with it."
Old 10-03-2014, 06:02 PM
Robert Williams

I won't name any names, but my threads used to be buried by some guy, who had no intentions of purchasing a card, but he would randomly pick threads and say "Nice Card", "Good Luck with Sale", "She's a Beaut" etc. Never once did he make an offer. Just didn't want to see my thread at the top. I had no idea who this person was. When I PMed him about it, I was met with crickets. To me, that type of response is not necessary.
Old 10-03-2014, 06:12 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I won't name any names, but my threads used to be buried by some guy, who had no intentions of purchasing a card, but he would randomly pick threads and say "Nice Card", "Good Luck with Sale", "She's a Beaut" etc. Never once did he make an offer. Just didn't want to see my thread at the top. I had no idea who this person was. When I PMed him about it, I was met with crickets. To me, that type of response is not necessary.
When I see idiots like that, my assumption is they're just doing it to get their post counts up.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-03-2014, 11:23 PM
Archive

Quote:
One of your BST threads got buried.....

Impossible!!!!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
You should PM me on things like that. I will take care of them...
Old 10-04-2014, 12:28 AM
Bill Gregory

I'm a firm believer in communication. Whenever I do business with a seller, I post to let them know if a PM or an email is on the way. I specify if I am considering a purchase, or if I am definitely buying a card if it is still available. I feel that not only helps the seller, but other potential buyers as well. If I can let other buyers know a card has been purchased, that saves them the trouble of messaging the seller. It also helps the seller by cutting down on the number messages they have to respond to.

Once a card has come in, I send a private message to the seller to let them know it has arrived, and to thank them. Then, I amend the post I made on their thread to reflect that the transaction has been finalized satisfactorily. If a card arrives quickly, I'll post that. If I was impressed by something, like how well the card was packaged, I'll include that, too. I figure future buyers might go back and look at the sale thread. I also include that seller's name in my signature, so if anybody wishes to ask me about my experience with a seller, I can help them.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 10-04-2014 at 12:37 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 03:10 AM
Rich Klein

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
You should PM me on things like that. I will take care of them...
Actually, if someone makes a comment on a thread, does not that move the thread back to the top as the reply pushes it upwards.

But if the person is doing that to push all of Bobby's threads upwards so he gets bounced, then that is not right and the mods should warn that poster
Old 10-04-2014, 04:11 AM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rich Klein View Post
Actually, if someone makes a comment on a thread, does not that move the thread back to the top as the reply pushes it upwards.

But if the person is doing that to push all of Bobby's threads upwards so he gets bounced, then that is not right and the mods should warn that poster
I think what he meant was the guy was replying to all of the other threads (pushing them to the top), and not to any of Bobby's, therefore it had the effect of pushing the Bobby threads to the bottom.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.
Old 10-04-2014, 04:57 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I think what he meant was the guy was replying to all of the other threads (pushing them to the top), and not to any of Bobby's, therefore it had the effect of pushing the Bobby threads to the bottom. ]
He don't do it anymore. This was around 4-6 months ago. It was almost like it was a game to him.

I guess he got bored with the game!

Last edited by bobbyw8469; 10-04-2014 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-04-2014, 05:53 AM
Alex

I like to post in the BST when I receive a card. That way other buyers can look at the thread and get some feedback.

On a side note, Blowout has a pretty good feedback setting for the BST.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 10-04-2014, 06:19 AM

Two ways that a couple of posters frequently bump their threads on the memorabilia and autograph side is by one -- listing many items together, and then posting a new reply every time a single item is sold (instead of just editing the original post).
Two -- starting an item at a high price, and then posting a new reply every day with a price drop.

Greg
Old 10-04-2014, 07:18 AM
Alex

People get riled up about this.
SLers = 33/48
Horizontals = 6/6

ALWAYS looking for T206 with back damage.
Old 10-05-2014, 08:57 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by I Only Smoke 4 the Cards View Post
People get riled up about this.
Yea they do. And as much as people here like to rag on me, they can actually learn a thing or two from me. On the Ebay thread, CONSOLIDATE YOUR THREADS!! No need to put up a separate thread for EVERY SINGLE CARD you got ending on Ebay!
Old 10-05-2014, 09:37 AM

I've not sold anything using the BST portion of this site (or any others, for that matter) so I'm not complaining on my own behalf but I do feel bad for sellers who are respectful and appropriate in the number individual threads they start at one time and in not bumping themselves up needlessly. When someone abuses a BST forum, I think the mods should not hesitate to step in. Of course, that means more work for them and I'm mindful of that. Bottom line is that folks should be respectful of others posting on what is a collectors' forum and not a commercial sales site. Not that I think BST is overrun with this problem, but I do notice it from time to time.
Old 10-05-2014, 09:44 AM
Al Richter

Default Learning it

I am doing my level best to learn it. It can be tough
Old 10-05-2014, 10:10 AM
Doug Chamberlain

Kinda surprised that no one has mentioned anything about "non-card items" showing up on multiple forums when they should be listed in the Everything Else BST.
Just my $.02 (no tax here).
Transaction thanks to: Andretti83, Beatles Guy, Bocabirdman, Brailey, Bryon Long, buckyball1, cincyredlegs, cparker94, dealme, deltufjp2, detroitbaseball, dougscats, drmondobueno, Edwolf1963, esiason14, familytoad, freakhappy, GehrigFan, grainsley, hangman62, JasonL, jschris, kamikidEFFL, KC Doughboy, LukeLyon, marslife, rainier2004, swohscs, tedzan, tinkertoeverstochance, vcuono, and more...
Old 10-05-2014, 10:14 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Yea they do. And as much as people here like to rag on me, they can actually learn a thing or two from me. On the Ebay thread, CONSOLIDATE YOUR THREADS!! No need to put up a separate thread for EVERY SINGLE CARD you got ending on Ebay!
I just had to remind someone of this as we speak.
Old 10-05-2014, 11:02 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Let me reiterate and clarify what was previously said. I, and the other mods, don't read every BST thread (or forum thread for that matter) but I believe I have acted, some way or another, on every PM ever sent to me concerning issues on the board. Don't be afraid to PM me if someone is out of line. I will handle it and you will stay anonymous, unless you don't want to be. I won't promise I will always side with the person sending the PM but I will always look at the issue and try to be fair. Overall, that section gives us few problems relative to the amount that goes on. Also, please remember it is always CAVEAT EMPTOR, buyer beware on the BST. Besides normal US and state laws there is no protection.
Old 10-05-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Let me reiterate and clarify what was previously said. I, and the other mods, don't read every BST thread (or forum thread for that matter) but I believe I have acted, some way or another, on every PM ever sent to me concerning issues on the board. Don't be afraid to PM me if someone is out of line. I will handle it and you will stay anonymous, unless you don't want to be. I won't promise I will always side with the person sending the PM but I will always look at the issue and try to be fair. Overall, that section gives us few problems relative to the amount that goes on. Also, please remember it is always CAVEAT EMPTOR, buyer beware on the BST. Besides normal US and state laws there is no protection.
I refuse to believe you don't read everything
Old 10-05-2014, 01:18 PM
Scott Maxell

Curious where the board stands on the friends and family vs. goods and services on PayPal. I generally prefer to pay the 3% extra and be able to submit my address info, etc. just to be safe. Is either way frowned upon?
Old 10-05-2014, 01:32 PM
Steve Murray

Quote:
Originally Posted by granite75 View Post
Curious where the board stands on the friends and family vs. goods and services on PayPal. I generally prefer to pay the 3% extra and be able to submit my address info, etc. just to be safe. Is either way frowned upon?
I don't use friends and family. If I'm buying I'll add the 3%. If I'm selling I'll eat the 3%.

I think, though I'm not positive, but you get buyer protection using goods and services.
Old 10-05-2014, 01:58 PM
Steven Finley

Quote:

I've done a hundred gift transactions and never had a glitch on this site. This is, however, probably the only site I would feel comfortable doing so regularly save for some low dollar transactions or members I know well. I also have common sense and if my gut tells me to protect myself I do so. There is another board I frequent that has strict rules against gift transactions, which I amount to: "you're not smart enough to make sound decisions." If I pay gift and get burned I have no one to blame but myself and I accept that risk.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:15 PM
Luke Lyon

I agree with Steven. This site is unique in how close-knit it is. I don't know if this is the norm, but Leon called me personally when I signed up just to make sure I was someone he felt comfortable having on his site. I see all these posts asking for a feedback forum. Is anyone actually having unsatisfactory transactions? I bet I've done around 500 transactions on here, and the only hiccups I ever had was when one of my packages never made it to my buyer (and I refunded him in full). I feel totally secure making deals on this site, as long as the buyer has been around awhile. If it's a big $ transaction, of course you should do your homework, but I feel like we are pretty secure in this little community we have here.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:03 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Default BST Etiquette & Assurances about My Raffle:

Hello All-

I just wanted to assure everyone that I will not be adding any more updates, etc. posts to my Raffle thread.

Instead, I will edit the appropriate post directing readers to the specific numbered post to read details of the next 'contest'.

I have asked that anyone with questions about any part of the Raffle use PM to contact me rather than unnecessarily add to the thread.

Now, to make their guesses, they will need to post, however, just as I edit my updates, they can do the same with their posts (i.e. more than one answer per post) - even though the contests have different deadlines and I'm asking only one edit per post, I am trusting our 'group' to be honorable and 'draw between' the lines.

I sincerely hope that this Raffle does not fly in the face of BST etiquette as my aim was to add fun and interest.

-Raymond

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 10-05-2014, 03:52 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
There is no rule on this board concerning how you pay someone.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 PM
FredYoung

My experiences using F&F for pymt is similar to Steve's--MANY trannys on BST w/ no problem from any buyer nor PayPal themselves. Using F&F enables me to offer items that I never would on EBay because of the fees.

I'm a long time EBayer in good standing w/ PPal and they have never questioned my use of F&F for off-EBay transactions--they offer it & I use it.

I might add that my good name & reputation as an honest Seller supercedes any safety net offered by PPal for a deal made w/ me, so whether they cover a deal or not, you can rest assured you will not get screwed in a transaction bearing my ID.