NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-21-2007, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Default Posting on the BST

Posted By: Jeff Williams

I would like to know what the rules are in regards to posting comments on the BST. Can anybody post anything or is the BST just for selling cards?

Recently, I felt like I came under fire from another board member because I posted a card for sale that I previously had for sale in another listing a couple months ago. He said that I had this card listed for a cheaper price and that he had emailed me previously to buy it.

The first time I saw his comment was on the BST the following day that I had posted. So, I decided to email him regarding the situation. When I went to email the guy, I noticed that he had already emailed me. I then sent an email to him saying that I was upset that he had posted anything on the BST. That we can handle the situation privately and that I felt posting a comment on the BST was unnecessary. He said he emailed me the night before (which he did) and that was ample enough time to respond. I apologized that I was not at my computer awaiting his email and that I dont have the time to spend on the computer every minute waiting to see if somebody emailed me.

I was going to let this whole issue pass without a word. But thinking about it, If I chose to place this card for 100 dollars more than what I previously posted this card for, would I be in the wrong? I dont think so. I feel you can price your cards for whatever you choose. Of course I know I would never sell the card at that price. But, I believe you can "try" to sell your cards at whatever the price you believe its worth.

I also believe nobody should be allowed to post comments on the BST, unless that comment is to purchase the card, memorabilia,etc.

I have always thought that I go above and beyond with packaging, shipping and insurance with the cards I sell. And, have never had an issue until now.

I do not want this to turn into a pissing match between myself and the other person. However, I do feel that this issue needs to be discussed.

Jeff Williams

Old 11-21-2007, 08:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

Jeff,

Any reply on the BST that has commentary.... especially price commentary - is plain WRONG.

This other person involved should not have expressed such an opinion or brought up old pricing on the BST thread.

Privately in an email is fine. On the BST thread is obstructing a sale and I believe against the rules.

and.... yes.... you could up the price or lower the price of items at your discretion.
that is your choice and completely within bounds.

Regards,
Joe

Old 11-21-2007, 08:51 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Dave F

I agree...on the B/S/T thread is not the place to comment about prices, period. It should have been handled only by email...even if the seller chooses or chooses to not return an email...it shouldn't go on the board.

The seller for one doesn't have to sell a card to any individual if he doesn't want to...which in this case, I wouldn't.

Old 11-21-2007, 09:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

The rules about the BST are really pretty easy. I might need to add them to the rules page but for over 2 yrs that formality hasn't been needed. The BST pages are primarily for selling cards but there are categories for sports related memorbabilia, books, ephemera, and so forth. The categories are plainly marked. If you have another question about that then please post it here and it can be further addressed.

As for what goes on over there and posted about.......it's a little bit fuzzy, but there should be no additional comments about pricing from 3rd parties, especially publicly on the board. Only benign comments such as, "wow, great card", or things to that effect should be posted by parties not involved in the transaction. Examples of things that will NOT BE TOLERATED:

"Wow, you bought that for $50 yesterday and now you are asking $100 for it"

"I saw that in auction for $100 a week ago"

"How could you charge that much, it's only worth a fraction of that"

"You are an ass and I would never buy anything from you"

Those kinds of statements will get you kicked off of the BST pages......Also, if something is going on fraudulently you CAN make a statement in that space about it...but you better really have your ducks in a row....The BST pages are unbelievably popular and I would hate to change much over there. As for timing...folks should give adequate time for someone to respond to something. Also, folks should respond in a reasonable time period when they are selling something and an offer is made. I want to know about issues over there but it's still always CAVEAT EMPTOR and you do everything at your own risk......so far so good (knock on wood) regards

one edit (I hope only 1).....If someone is selling something at a certain price....then the first person saying they will take it at that price should get the card....if the seller backs out too often, or changes pricing too often, then I don't think that is good faith. Exceptions are just that but if I get wind of too much crap I will step in with a warning etc.....

Old 11-21-2007, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Williams

I appreciate the responses thus far. I also appreciate that this has not become a pissing match between two people, as I believe there is some relevance to come out of this discussion.

Leon, you are completely correct that all emails should be answered in a timely fashion. And, I am in the wrong for not responding to the initial email that this person sent me in regards to the purchase of the card.

Additionally, I do notice that you police this issue on a constant basis on the BST. So thanks for your time!

Jeff