NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-08-2003, 08:01 PM
Administrator

Default Ft. Washington Experience

Posted By: OldOriole 

Just got back from a trip in the snow and slush. It was interesting and I hope the board will allow me to share a few things.
First, the highlight, as per usual was chatting with Tery Knouse again and seeing the goodies he had. Another observation,19th century is just plain drying up. One example of this was that the only Mayo's I saw were the ones Mike Wheat has been trying to sell on eBay, even Terry didn't have a single one.
Anyway, on to the story. I had a stack of T206's (about 200) to submit to PSA. I do this because not because of personal preference but because T206's in PSA holders sell for about 12% more than in SGC holders, although that gap seems to be narrowing. Anyway, the guy at the desk....I'll call him "Skippy", seems to be more interested in the motorcycle show next door than helping me. Skippy then tells me about their specials for basketball and football cards when I've already layed out the T206's front of him. Skippy then asks if these are from the 50's beause they're having a special on that (What the?). After informing him that they are older than the 1950's and identifiying the set for Skippy, we fill out the forms as he wonders aloud why he is trapped in PA and I wonder silently if I should be at that table. As a customer, I'll remember that service and knowledge, or lack there of.
I then move over the the SGC table and whip out the six E94's I won in Lew Lipset's last auction. They take there time in going over the grading tiers and are very helpful. When I come back the E94's are already graded (PSA was not grading on site BTW). Anyway, they are not only ready, but the head vintage grader there comes out, sits down, and talks with me about each card. He said they were some of the nicest he's seen and wanted to meet me. Nice operation, and I was happy with the grades. I left shortly thereafter thinking what a difference in operations.