NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 10-06-2022, 08:20 PM

Default PSA Bulk $18 pre/post 1980

Looks like PSA has reduced their bulk price from $22 to $18 and changed the years from pre/post 1995 to pre/post 1980.

Makes putting a sub together a little easier, and while $18 isn't like pre-pandemic prices, $4 off the last price isn't a bad thing.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:27 PM
Robert Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike D. View Post
Looks like PSA has reduced their bulk price from $22 to $18 and changed the years from pre/post 1995 to pre/post 1980.

Makes putting a sub together a little easier, and while $18 isn't like pre-pandemic prices, $4 off the last price isn't a bad thing.
We got $18 as a National special. SGC is now $18 also with a larger maximum value and quicker turnaround times.
Old 10-06-2022, 08:27 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

Turn times? Cuz a young couple could have produced two children from conception to birth during the Swingin' 60's sub.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 10-07-2022, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casey2296 View Post
Turn times? Cuz a young couple could have produced two children from conception to birth during the Swingin' 60's sub.
Estimated 120 calendar days.

So, not enough time to turn around children...but time for a good scare or two.
Old 10-07-2022, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
We got $18 as a National special. SGC is now $18 also with a larger maximum value and quicker turnaround times.
Yeah, I got a couple subs in during that "July Monthly Special" around the National. Nice to have that be the "regular" price now, though.

And yeah, SGC...I have like 875 PSA slabs, about 5 Beckett, and no SGC...not sure I can bring myself to add them to the mix.
Old 10-08-2022, 04:52 PM

if it's similar to the july submission turnaround dates, it won't take too long. they logged one of my $18 subs on september 7 and it's already done.

Last edited by hockeyhockey; 10-08-2022 at 04:52 PM.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
if it's similar to the july submission turnaround dates, it won't take too long. they logged one of my $18 subs on september 7 and it's already done.
It's been faster, for sure, although still inconsistent. I sent two orders in July, one I already have back, the other is still in grading.
Old 10-08-2022, 06:54 PM

Quote:
It's been faster, for sure, although still inconsistent. I sent two orders in July, one I already have back, the other is still in grading.
inconsistent for sure. i sent 2 orders in the same box. one is done and the other hasn't even gotten out of research/ID yet.
Old 10-10-2022, 12:56 PM

Quote:
inconsistent for sure. i sent 2 orders in the same box. one is done and the other hasn't even gotten out of research/ID yet.
They seem to be finishing the Pre-1996 orders quicker than the 1996+ cards.

Last edited by Zach Wheat; 11-07-2022 at 11:05 AM.
Old 10-10-2022, 04:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
They seem to be finishing the Pre-1996 orders quicker than the 1996+ cards; possibly why they enlarged the vintage submission classification to 1980
Oddly enough with my subs, the opposite happened. My 1996-present sub was in my hands two weeks ago, my pre-1995 sub is still in grading (they were mailed to PSA the same day).
Old 10-11-2022, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Oddly enough with my subs, the opposite happened. My 1996-present sub was in my hands two weeks ago, my pre-1995 sub is still in grading (they were mailed to PSA the same day).
same. my 1996+ is done in a month, the pre-1995 is still in research/ID.
Old 10-11-2022, 05:16 PM

Clearly, PSA is monitoring this thread...my pre-1995 sub just moved into Assembly.
Old 10-12-2022, 11:24 AM

Clearly. So did one of mine
Old 10-12-2022, 05:52 PM

dammit, they missed my post
Old 10-12-2022, 07:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
dammit, they missed my post
LOL, maybe we can each make one for the Clemens BS to come back correct from PSA.
Old 10-13-2022, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
LOL, maybe we can each make one for the Clemens BS to come back correct from PSA.
oddly they saw mine because the pre 1995 lot moved into grading

no movement on rocket since last we talked. still in QC (probably 12 people staring at the card wondering why they listed it as a PD)
Old 10-17-2022, 07:18 AM

I predict that the latest round of $18 Bulk will be graded and returned long before the 120 Day promise. I'm thinking more like 60-75 days.
PSA has gobs of capacity now. The only thing that might hold up the works is if supply chain issues make plastic difficult to get.
Old 10-17-2022, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayBShotz View Post
I predict that the latest round of $18 Bulk will be graded and returned long before the 120 Day promise. I'm thinking more like 60-75 days.
PSA has gobs of capacity now. The only thing that might hold up the works is if supply chain issues make plastic difficult to get.
I can't speak for this specific special, but I think that you're spot on about the extra capacity PSA has - it's kind of overlooked, but they're going to have a LOT more throughput capacity than any other time in their history.

Add that to the pandemic card bubble deflating and I think we'll see better turnaround times, slightly lower prices, and hopefully less complaining on the internet.
Old 10-18-2022, 11:43 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
...and hopefully less complaining on the internet.
Hope springs eternal!

I wouldn't bet on this one though.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 10-18-2022, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Hope springs eternal!

I wouldn't bet on this one though.
Yeah, may have been reaching a bit there.
Old 10-19-2022, 12:03 PM

That July "pre-1995" monthly special I'm waiting on just moved into QA1, so getting closer.
Old 10-19-2022, 05:57 PM
Jimmy Motz

My grades from the "National Special" were just posted today. They were recieved on 8/11 so a little more than 2 months, I can live with that considering my Swinging Sixties submission took 18 months. With this I may be sending more cards to PSA vs SGC, my problem is I kind of like both even though for about 20 years I was primarily SGC, but a couple years ago I switched to PSA because of their specials and SGC prices were considerably higher at that time, but now seem both are in line with one another. I also have an order that arrived to SGC today, and another at PSA, so for now I may use both.
Old 10-20-2022, 11:33 AM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmer77 View Post
My grades from the "National Special" were just posted today. They were recieved on 8/11 so a little more than 2 months, I can live with that considering my Swinging Sixties submission took 18 months. With this I may be sending more cards to PSA vs SGC, my problem is I kind of like both even though for about 20 years I was primarily SGC, but a couple years ago I switched to PSA because of their specials and SGC prices were considerably higher at that time, but now seem both are in line with one another. I also have an order that arrived to SGC today, and another at PSA, so for now I may use both.
How did you like the grades?

A lot of kvetching lately that they are grading incredibly hard, with cards getting 6s and 7s instead of 8s and 9s.

1963 Post complete panel
Old 10-20-2022, 06:48 PM
Jimmy Motz

To be honest, I haven't looked, they shipped today and I am trying with all my will not to look until the box arrives. I usually look, so I know and I can either get over any disappointment before opening the box, but thought I would try something new, I am sure over the weekend I will give in and peek at the grades but for now will power.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:14 PM

waiting for the box is always fun.

i tried a new idea last week - pulled all the cert numbers from the lot (put a piece of paper over the rest of the info), and then entered them one at a time to see what they graded.
Old 10-21-2022, 05:36 PM
Ben North

Quote:
waiting for the box is always fun.

i tried a new idea last week - pulled all the cert numbers from the lot (put a piece of paper over the rest of the info), and then entered them one at a time to see what they graded.
How did you do?
Old 10-21-2022, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
How did you do?
19 PSA 10 and 11 PSA 9. pretty nice haul.
Old 10-22-2022, 06:05 PM

Quote:
19 PSA 10 and 11 PSA 9. pretty nice haul.
Wow, yeah, that's impressive. What years? Any you're particularly thrilled with?
Old 10-22-2022, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Wow, yeah, that's impressive. What years? Any you're particularly thrilled with?
it was a 1996+ lot. most of the cards were from my friend's son. ton of hockey young guns. adam fox and tim stutzle 10s were probably the most exciting cards for hockey. couple of soto/acuna/ohtani/vlad ones that came back 10 also. honestly more fired up for my pre 1995 order. had a lot of 1950s stuff i just want to get into my card case.
Old 10-23-2022, 08:46 AM

Quote:
it was a 1996+ lot. most of the cards were from my friend's son. ton of hockey young guns. adam fox and tim stutzle 10s were probably the most exciting cards for hockey. couple of soto/acuna/ohtani/vlad ones that came back 10 also. honestly more fired up for my pre 1995 order. had a lot of 1950s stuff i just want to get into my card case.
Good stuff! I know what you mean about the pre-1995. Mine is in QA1 and I'm looking forward to it. Nothing huge money in that sub, but a few 1964 Topps, a Cam Neely RC I'm hoping is an "8", a 1985 Fleer Star Sticker Clemens, and a few minor league cards of players I think are future Hall of Famers (Cone, McGriff, Lofton, Wagner, Rolen, Nathan).
Old 10-23-2022, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Good stuff! I know what you mean about the pre-1995. Mine is in QA1 and I'm looking forward to it. Nothing huge money in that sub, but a few 1964 Topps, a Cam Neely RC I'm hoping is an "8", a 1985 Fleer Star Sticker Clemens, and a few minor league cards of players I think are future Hall of Famers (Cone, McGriff, Lofton, Wagner, Rolen, Nathan).
you probably have one of the coolest minor league collections around.

is that neely topps or OPC? was my favorite player growing up. i had a PSA 9 OPC rookie of his a while ago, but now just have a lower grade one.

i have a few sadaharu oh cards in the older lot, and wonder if that has slowed the process down. was hard to find exact info on 1 of them, so if i had trouble, imagine how long it took them.
Old 10-23-2022, 02:25 PM

Quote:
you probably have one of the coolest minor league collections around.

is that neely topps or OPC? was my favorite player growing up. i had a PSA 9 OPC rookie of his a while ago, but now just have a lower grade one.

i have a few sadaharu oh cards in the older lot, and wonder if that has slowed the process down. was hard to find exact info on 1 of them, so if i had trouble, imagine how long it took them.
The minor league cards is a fun niche that I'm enjoying. For a very small investment, I'm starting to get a decent number of very low pop minor league cards (including several 1/1's).

The Neely is the OPC version. I've probably owned it raw for 20 years, and finally decided I was never going to shell out for a PSA 9, so might as well get mine graded.

That's very cool about the Sadaharu Oh cards. Please share pics when they find their way home.

Last edited by Mike D.; 10-23-2022 at 02:28 PM.
Old 10-23-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
The minor league cards is a fun niche that I'm enjoying. For a very small investment, I'm starting to get a decent number of very low pop minor league cards (including several 1/1's).

The Neely is the OPC version. I've probably owned it raw for 20 years, and finally decided I was never going to shell out for a PSA 9, so might as well get mine graded.

That's very cool about the Sadaharu Oh cards. Please share pics when they find their way home.
it's crazy how cheap some of the HOF minor league cards are (and some of them are not cheap at all...like the pittsfield maddux for one).

that's funny - my dad bought me the neely OPC raw when i was a kid, and i found it in my old card box a few years ago. graded out a 9, but i decided i didn't need a 9, so just downgraded.

i'll have to email you those pics, still have no clue how to properly upload a picture here...lol
Old 10-24-2022, 06:02 AM

Quote:

i'll have to email you those pics, still have no clue how to properly upload a picture here...lol
I can help you here.

Below your posting area is a button that says manage attachments. Click that.

Then a button called choose file. Click that, choose the image from your hard drive.

Once you see that the image file has been chosen successfully, click the button that says upload. Once you see the blue link to the file uploaded, you can close that window and then click the button that says submit reply on your post.

Once this becomes a routine for you it literally takes 15 seconds as long as you have the image you want to post on your local hard drive.

If you are using an image hosting site I really can't help though.
RayB

Last edited by RayBShotz; 10-24-2022 at 07:41 AM.
Old 10-24-2022, 04:55 PM

Quote:
I can help you here.

Below your posting area is a button that says manage attachments. Click that.

Then a button called choose file. Click that, choose the image from your hard drive.

Once you see that the image file has been chosen successfully, click the button that says upload. Once you see the blue link to the file uploaded, you can close that window and then click the button that says submit reply on your post.

Once this becomes a routine for you it literally takes 15 seconds as long as you have the image you want to post on your local hard drive.

If you are using an image hosting site I really can't help though.
RayB
thank you, ray. i'll give this a shot when the cards come back. i don't have high hopes for it working, but we'll see
Old 10-24-2022, 05:29 PM

If that doesn't work, you have to lower the file size. You can do this through any number of free programs by resizing the image. Files over a certain size do not upload and you do not get an error message.

-Z
Old 11-01-2022, 02:59 PM

My cards popped today. Grades are a bit of a mixed bag...with a few positive and a few negative.

The Cam Neely OPC RC came back a "6". I was hoping for a 7 or 8, but I was not that lucky.

On the bright side, the 1994 Fleer Excel Scott Rolen I subbed (pop 25) came back a 10. The 1995 Reading Phillies Eastern League Champions Rolen (total pop 4) came back a 9.
Old 11-01-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
My cards popped today. Grades are a bit of a mixed bag...with a few positive and a few negative.

The Cam Neely OPC RC came back a "6". I was hoping for a 7 or 8, but I was not that lucky.

On the bright side, the 1994 Fleer Excel Scott Rolen I subbed (pop 25) came back a 10. The 1995 Reading Phillies Eastern League Champions Rolen (total pop 4) came back a 9.
ahhh, tough luck on that neely.

i see modern is now open for a $15 special til end of november. how low do you think these prices may go in the next few months?
Old 11-01-2022, 08:08 PM

Quote:
ahhh, tough luck on that neely.

i see modern is now open for a $15 special til end of november. how low do you think these prices may go in the next few months?
Yes, glad I dawdled...I was going to send in a sub last week, with 20 of the 21 cards being 1996-date. Now I'll save $3 a card.

Prices are going down, although slowly. I bet we see $15 value sometime in the first half of 2023, with maybe the occasional $12 bulk special.
Old 11-11-2022, 02:03 PM

It seems progress on vintage submissions has slowed to a crawl
Old 11-15-2022, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post
It seems progress on vintage submissions has slowed to a crawl
yup, noticed the same. was fun while it lasted.
Old 11-18-2022, 06:40 AM

My $18 Bulk went entry to shipped in 30 days with a sub that popped yesterday. (1996-present).

The change in the turn around time from a year ago is remarkable.
RayB
Old 11-19-2022, 08:01 AM

Quote:
My $18 Bulk went entry to shipped in 30 days with a sub that popped yesterday. (1996-present).

The change in the turn around time from a year ago is remarkable.
RayB
that's awesome. someday i'd love to get an inside look at how PSA handles submissions. it's all over the map.

i have 4 lots, all in grading. all have been in grading for a pretty long time. but certainly no complaints. the improvement in turnaround time is huge.
Old 11-21-2022, 07:08 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
someday i'd love to get an inside look at how PSA handles submissions.
Wish fulfilled

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 11-21-2022, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
Wish fulfilled

well played
Old 11-23-2022, 11:40 AM

figure i'd ask in here instead of starting a new thread somewhere. i have an error card (hockey card where the back is a giant picture of a different player than the guy on the front --- as opposed to a normal back with stats, etc).

is there a way to submit that to PSA requesting that "XXX on back" would be included on the flip, indicating it to be an error? or is that not something that they do? i just want it for my PC, it's my favorite player that ended up on the back of the card.

appreciate the feedback on this. hope you all have a great thanksgiving.
Old 11-23-2022, 01:54 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
figure i'd ask in here instead of starting a new thread somewhere. i have an error card (hockey card where the back is a giant picture of a different player than the guy on the front --- as opposed to a normal back with stats, etc).

is there a way to submit that to PSA requesting that "XXX on back" would be included on the flip, indicating it to be an error? or is that not something that they do? i just want it for my PC, it's my favorite player that ended up on the back of the card.

appreciate the feedback on this. hope you all have a great thanksgiving.
They've definitely done it before, including recently, for me for this piece.

Update: Just remembered that this one had been previously slabbed. But it wasn't showing up in their database. So they made me send it in again, and they re-slabbed it and put it into their database. But still, although the cert # is older, the re-slabbing occurred probably only about 6-12 months ago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg sr_image_1654527256514_original.jpg (151.2 KB, 74 views)
File Type: jpg sr_image_1654527261455_original.jpg (154.7 KB, 73 views)

1963 Post complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 11-23-2022 at 01:56 PM.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:24 PM

That's hilarious that someone wrote in the correct card number and batting average on the Mays wrong back.
Old 11-23-2022, 04:54 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
They've definitely done it before, including recently, for me for this piece.

Update: Just remembered that this one had been previously slabbed. But it wasn't showing up in their database. So they made me send it in again, and they re-slabbed it and put it into their database. But still, although the cert # is older, the re-slabbing occurred probably only about 6-12 months ago.
That is a very nice card.
Old 11-23-2022, 06:49 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
That's hilarious that someone wrote in the correct card number and batting average on the Mays wrong back.
I guess they couldn’t handle having some other rando’s avg. and card # on the back of a Mays card.

1963 Post complete panel