NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Sorry

Last edited by gnaz01; 09-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:02 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark View Post
Since you brought that up, I think you owe us a photo.
OK Here you go (seriously though, I don't want to post it until I have it in hand, but I assure you all it will be awesome!!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 547809.jpg (62.7 KB, 491 views)
Old 09-09-2013, 08:52 PM
M@rk Lu7z

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
OK Here you go (seriously though, I don't want to post it until I have it in hand, but I assure you all it will be awesome!!)
Thanks, although I now think that I should have asked for a gif.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:37 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

Quote:
She certainly is one prized piece of memorabilia!

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 09-10-2013, 02:12 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
But is she trimmed?
Old 09-10-2013, 02:36 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
But is she trimmed?
I'll slab her either way.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 09-10-2013, 05:05 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
I'll slab her either way.
Me too!!
Old 09-10-2013, 05:48 PM
$teve O.

I'll take her raw
Old 09-17-2013, 04:50 PM

I have something that I thought I would share - it was purchased from a relative of CHALMER CISSELL - this album came along with a team signed baseball from the white sox. I also got a game used hat of his when he played with cleveland - his suitcase - many on the field passes - a personal scrapbook of his life and career including charity events, box scores, babe ruth mentions, etc...it had a mini bat of babe ruth in the suitcase, some large media photos when he played with the hollywood stars amongst other info. If any of you do not know the story of CISSELL I challenge you to research him it is truly an interesting story how much Comiskey gave at the time for his rights (it was a league record) scotts had him pegged as the a cross between all the greats - from honus wagner to hornsby to whoever else.... he was in the MVP voting early in his career (after being shaky to start) but drank himself out of the league....and out of life....so poor at the end that Comiskey paid for his funeral....anyway there is some great stuff in his scrapbook too - and some of his quotes including how the burden Comiskey placed on him by paying the kings ransom for his rights was really the cause of his ruin - because he felt so much pressure to live up to it and said that since he was paid so much the White Sox never had a real chance to develop him but had to throw him in the fire from the start....

Anyway, the album that I included a few really crappy pics of has about 30 photos of the 31 white sox - these are all commissioned by Comiskey and done by George Burke whos studio stamp is on the back of the album. About 25 of the 30 photos are signed including the HOF's ......
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ws1.jpg (75.1 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg ws2.jpg (65.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg ws3.jpg (65.4 KB, 290 views)
File Type: jpg ws4.jpg (71.0 KB, 289 views)
File Type: jpg ws5.jpg (66.4 KB, 290 views)
Old 09-22-2013, 11:37 AM

Default Wow Bwild just WOW

......those fantastic Burke black and whites reminded me to dig out this :

....'' GEO. BURKE
847 BELMONT AVE.
CHICAGO '' stamped on the correspondence/address post card side sideways at the top right next to the '' AZO place stamp here '' box.
Old 09-22-2013, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post

....'' GEO. BURKE
847 BELMONT AVE.
CHICAGO '' stamped on the correspondence/address post card side sideways at the top right next to the '' AZO place stamp here '' box.
Beautiful Hank Greenberg, Mike!
Old 09-22-2013, 02:42 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post

....'' GEO. BURKE
847 BELMONT AVE.
Mike, mind if I ask the dimensions and to see a back scan of the postcard? I don't think I've seen that pose of Greenberg in a postcard format before, and would love to add the images/info to my Burke research material.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwild22 View Post
Anyway, the album that I included a few really crappy pics of has about 30 photos of the 31 white sox - these are all commissioned by Comiskey and done by George Burke whos studio stamp is on the back of the album. About 25 of the 30 photos are signed including the HOF's ......
bwild22, WONDERFUL album. Wow! I would love to see all of the photos in it as well, but if too time-consuming, could you show the stamp on the back of the album as well? It's tough finding examples of Burke's stamping that can be tied to a specific date, and this one would be early in his career photographing ball players.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 09-22-2013 at 02:49 PM.
Old 09-22-2013, 02:47 PM
Belltown Vintage

Those Burke postcards are making me drool.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:02 PM

Default The Postcard Side of Hank

....I've scanned it alongside a standard-sized postcard from that era to give you an idea of the dimensions : in this case the '' Orcajo Photo Art Dayton Ohio'' 1937-39 Cincinnati Reds set ; ( I used the Joltin' Joe because I love looking at it and am always trying to find an excuse to trot it out. )

...the heights are identical and the Burke Greenberg is perhaps maybe a hair narrower but only a hair .

.... I'm pretty sure Leon has one of these......won it on E-Bay two/three years ago
Old 09-22-2013, 07:50 PM
Jeff

Somewhere along the way in over 30 years of collecting Cardinal stuff I ended up with this Burke of Lon Warnecke inscribed to fellow major leaguer Tot Presnell.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."