NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-31-2005, 12:32 PM
Administrator

Default Question about Cracker Jacks

Posted By: Daniel McCarthy

Greetings. I came across this board when I decided to get back into collecting baseball cards and have gained a tremendous amount of knowledge from reading the posts.

I have an interest in Cracker Jacks. I will probably not attempt to put together an entire set, but may just want to limit it to White Sox players to start.

Any thoughts on the availability and pricing of Cracker Jacks. Condition is not really an issue with me.

Regards
Dan

Old 05-31-2005, 03:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Howie

Check Ebay's closed auctions for pricing help. There's about 450 on there including many obvious fakes that have been doctored to look old. There's a lot of graded ones on there too which will give you a good education on what real cards are supposed to look like. Then when you look at the raw cards it will be easier to tell the real and fake ones apart.

Old 05-31-2005, 04:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

to start out with the white sox players because there are many black sox collectors out there so the cicottes, gandils etc will always command a healthy premium over the rest, and of course the jax is one of the biggies. cracker jacks in vg to vg/ex is still affordable as runscott from this board recently sold a hoard for very reasonable prices (on ebay).

Old 05-31-2005, 04:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

The 1915 Cracker Jacks are much easier to find in great shape, because (virtually) all of the '14 ones were packed right in with the carmel corn, whereass you could send in to the company for a whole set of the '15s. Until 5-6 years ago, all the '14s sold for somewhat more than the '15s, and then, rather suddenly, some of the '15s started outpricing the '14s (in the price guide and on the table).

The theory most people have about this is that since the '15 set was so much easier to put together in great shape, they started hunting out '15s, and leaving the '14s
alone--=thus creating a bigger demand for the '15s.

I discovered this phenomenon when I went to buy a '15 Cicotte, and the guy wanted $200 for a vg one. But that's the nearmint price! I said, Nope, only in the '14...he answered. Sure enough (this was several years ago.)

HOWEVER, some of the '14s are STILL more expensive than the '15s (and I'm not just talking about Matty), so I dunno.
The '15 Cicotte:
A '14 Rickey