NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 03-21-2020, 01:19 PM
Tony Colacino

Default Any one else in quarantine?

Or as my wife so well puts it..."You can only call it Quarantine if you are from a certain region of France, otherwise you have to call it sparkling detainment".

I got home from Europe very late last night, after having to drive 7 hours from Newark, as opposed to JFK. Nice $140 cab ride to my car. We finally gave up on TAP airlines (never again) and flew United. TAP was nice to fly on there, lovely crew members and ground staff, but the support was sub-human. Cancelling flights two hours before boarding with everyone in the airport. No phone or email support. Cancelled 3 times.

This virus has been weaponized, politicized, etc. It seems to be the time we live in. I am not going to say anything political at all.

I was just wondering if anyone here had a story similar? I'm under self-quarantine for 14 days, but was able to stop at grocery and liquor stores on the way back with my N95 hospital-fitted mask. Bought out pretty much the whole grocery store, and enough alcohol for mer if I was still in college. Brought the wife wine and rum, because though she rarely drinks, I'm wagering in a week she will.

I'm going to use the next two weeks to actually figure out what I own in terms of baseball cards. I "think" I'm at 71 Ramlys, but have lost my list. I keep finding cards in binders that have value and I've forgotten I own. I may even do housework and work on cutting trails on my property.

Anyway, I'm bored, and stuck here, so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

All the best,

Tony
Old 03-21-2020, 01:33 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corporal Lance Boil View Post
Or as my wife so well puts it..."You can only call it Quarantine if you are from a certain region of France, otherwise you have to call it sparkling detainment".

I got home from Europe very late last night, after having to drive 7 hours from Newark, as opposed to JFK. Nice $140 cab ride to my car. We finally gave up on TAP airlines (never again) and flew United. TAP was nice to fly on there, lovely crew members and ground staff, but the support was sub-human. Cancelling flights two hours before boarding with everyone in the airport. No phone or email support. Cancelled 3 times.

This virus has been weaponized, politicized, etc. It seems to be the time we live in. I am not going to say anything political at all.

I was just wondering if anyone here had a story similar? I'm under self-quarantine for 14 days, but was able to stop at grocery and liquor stores on the way back with my N95 hospital-fitted mask. Bought out pretty much the whole grocery store, and enough alcohol for mer if I was still in college. Brought the wife wine and rum, because though she rarely drinks, I'm wagering in a week she will.

I'm going to use the next two weeks to actually figure out what I own in terms of baseball cards. I "think" I'm at 71 Ramlys, but have lost my list. I keep finding cards in binders that have value and I've forgotten I own. I may even do housework and work on cutting trails on my property.

Anyway, I'm bored, and stuck here, so I thought I'd just throw it out there.

All the best,

Tony

Just wanted to say I dig your Cerebus avatar. I don't think I know anybody personally, besides my own comic book geek of a daughter, who even knows what that is.

Might have to dig back into my graphic novel collection if I get too much free time on my hands in the coming weeks/months.

Me and the family pretty much all work from home at this point, so the self-quarantining part has been logistically do-able. Left the house for the first time in over a week today, to pick up some supplies we had ordered through the local hardware store a couple weeks ago, so the wife could get some yard and gardening projects going.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:04 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Here in NY pretty much going dark sunday night until....well they havent exactly said. Hoping in 2 weeks we can have some answers.

People hoarding of all things paper towels and toilet paper. Kind of silly really. Instead of buying stuff for a wee, I've bulked up for 2 weeks, but I just don't see any affect to the supply chain where we wont have food.

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-21-2020, 02:27 PM
Tim Odeen

In my small corner of Washington State we have no confirmed case of Covid-19 in my city, but we have confirmed cases in other rural towns around us (across the border in Oregon as well). Covid-19 has followed the two main highways, I-90 and I-5. We still have to follow the state wide closings of school, bars, restaurants, and non essential business. I'm not yet concerned about going out in public. We also have hoarding of toilet paper and paper towels among non-food items. My wife and I both lived overseas where toilet paper isn't a common household item, so we're not concerned about running out. I don't drink alcohol, soda is my vice. It seems i can still get plenty of that. I am worried about our social distancing turning into something worse. Right now I can still go to work.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-21-2020, 02:30 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
Here in NY pretty much going dark sunday night until....well they havent exactly said. Hoping in 2 weeks we can have some answers.

People hoarding of all things paper towels and toilet paper. Kind of silly really. Instead of buying stuff for a wee, I've bulked up for 2 weeks, but I just don't see any affect to the supply chain where we wont have food.
I just seen Costco is telling the preppers they will not accept returns on the toilet paper and water they hoarded. Hopefully all stores will do this.

Here is a great alternative.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg TP.jpg (46.9 KB, 450 views)
Old 03-21-2020, 02:47 PM
Tony Colacino

Default Thanks

Thanks for the responses. I found 7 rolls of Charmin in my house. They will be in the next Heritage auction. They appear to be vintage. $$$

To respond:

Cerebus is a tough character to digest. I have probably read 200 of the 300 issues. Jaka's Story is still my favorite, though Church and State is pretty great. Also, Melmoth, because I love Oscar Wilde.

I wish nothing but the best to you in Washington State, and upstate New York. Forgive me for being crass, but cleaning yourself does not require toilet paper. A washrag, a sink, a tissue...it is the height of lunacy right now. It's not even a GI bug, but respiratory.

Anyway, thanks for giving me something to do when under sparkling detention.

Did you know Larry McLean's bartender killed him?

Tony
Old 03-21-2020, 02:49 PM
Tony Colacino

Default !

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I just seen Costco is telling the preppers they will not accept returns on the toilet paper and water they hoarded. Hopefully all stores will do this.

Here is a great alternative.
Holy funny &*^$#.

Agreed.
Old 03-21-2020, 02:52 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

All else fails, you can spend $1 at Cvs and wipe with the receipt for a week

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 03-21-2020, 02:57 PM
Tony Colacino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republicaninmass View Post
All else fails, you can spend $1 at Cvs and wipe with the receipt for a week

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
When my wife saw the receipt from the grocery store, that was EXACTLY what she said.
Old 03-21-2020, 03:43 PM
Tim Odeen

That's funny! Those receipts are so long!

Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 03-21-2020, 03:51 PM
Tim Odeen

You might like this. My parents live in washington state also. They went to a store that was selling toilet paper by the roll in order to ration it. Only xx rolls per person. How crazy is that?

Old 03-21-2020, 07:55 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Default WA state

Hey Tim,
Where are you in Washington?
I’m down in the SW corner, only 15 miles or so to Oregon.
It’s a small town but growing tremendously.
We finally got a grocery store this winter.
That makes it much easier to get things, but they have stocking problems.
Not really with the supply chain, just cannot get certain items on the shelves fast enough before they get purchased and the shelves empty until the next day.

I’ll admit to being a hoarder. I have many thousands of baseball and football cards. I also buy 5gallon water bottles for our office style watercooler, and as luck would have it, I had 5 more bottles delivered a week ago. The neighbors probably thought I was going into quarantine, but it was coincidental, really!
The company only delivers here every couple months so I always get extra

This state has been a Hot Zone since this whole thing started. While bars and restaurants are all closed (except takeout ), schools might not open for the rest of the school year, and there are notices everywhere to remain in groups less than 10. But we haven’t actually been mandated to “shelter at home” yet.
I don’t care either way about working from home since my job isn’t in jeopardy, and I could WFH if needed, but I do feel bad for all the suddenly unemployed workers!

The weather is beautiful to start spring here. Just amazing outside, but eerily quiet on the roads.

Be safe everyone!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 03-21-2020, 11:32 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by familytoad View Post
Hey Tim,

Where are you in Washington?

I’m down in the SW corner, only 15 miles or so to Oregon.

It’s a small town but growing tremendously.

We finally got a grocery store this winter.

That makes it much easier to get things, but they have stocking problems.

Not really with the supply chain, just cannot get certain items on the shelves fast enough before they get purchased and the shelves empty until the next day.

I’ll admit to being a hoarder. I have many thousands of baseball and football cards. I also buy 5gallon water bottles for our office style watercooler, and as luck would have it, I had 5 more bottles delivered a week ago. The neighbors probably thought I was going into quarantine, but it was coincidental, really!

The company only delivers here every couple months so I always get extra

This state has been a Hot Zone since this whole thing started. While bars and restaurants are all closed (except takeout ), schools might not open for the rest of the school year, and there are notices everywhere to remain in groups less than 10. But we haven’t actually been mandated to “shelter at home” yet.

I don’t care either way about working from home since my job isn’t in jeopardy, and I could WFH if needed, but I do feel bad for all the suddenly unemployed workers!

The weather is beautiful to start spring here. Just amazing outside, but eerily quiet on the roads.

Be safe everyone!
Brian, I'm in Walla Walla. A man in Dayton travelled and got sick. People just south in in Oregon - Weston and Pendleton - got sick. I heard from a nurse today WW might have their first confirmed case. Both my wife and I have jobs that are safe (I'm a teacher). We have felt surrounded for weeks now and it's been surreal with our wineries we haven't had any cases yet.

Glad you got a grocery store!

Old 03-22-2020, 08:43 AM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

How do people in The Walking Dead wipe their asses?

The show has advanced about 10 years or so into the future on it since it began, yet its never come up.
Old 03-22-2020, 10:06 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
How do people in The Walking Dead wipe their asses?

The show has advanced about 10 years or so into the future on it since it began, yet its never come up.
LOL. Much like the show 24. When exactly does Jack Bauer eat or go to the bathroom. Hmmmm.
1955 Dodger Autographs...40/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 03-22-2020, 10:19 AM
Dave

I live in the town of Winthrop, Mass. The first person to die from the virus in Massachusetts was from Winthrop. He was 86 or 87 with preexisting medical illness. I'm retired and I've just been staying home any way. Stop and Shop and a few other markets are offering early shopping hours for people 60 and over from 6:00am to 8:00. The store restock the shelves in the overnight. Two things I hate more are going food shopping and getting up early.
Old 03-22-2020, 07:00 PM
Br1@n L1ndh0lm3

Tim, if this ever solves out...I do get to Walla Walla occasionally. Perhaps we may grab a cup of coffee sometime.

We had two deaths down here in Clark County, unfortunately an elderly couple who probably didn’t have the strength to fight it.

I’m guessing you all heard that the National Guard has been activated in Washington. I really don’t know what that is supposed to accomplish, but hopefully more tests and even better, more treatment opportunities.

Everyone hang in there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by todeen View Post
Brian, I'm in Walla Walla. A man in Dayton travelled and got sick. People just south in in Oregon - Weston and Pendleton - got sick. I heard from a nurse today WW might have their first confirmed case. Both my wife and I have jobs that are safe (I'm a teacher). We have felt surrounded for weeks now and it's been surreal with our wineries we haven't had any cases yet.

Glad you got a grocery store!

Brian L
Familytoad
Ridgefield, WA

Hall of Fame collector.
Prewar Set collector.
Topps Era collector.
1971 Topps Football collector.
Old 03-22-2020, 08:16 PM
Ben North

Not 100% quarantined yet. I live in a small city out in the middle of nowhere that has had several cases show up in the last few days. Starting tomorrow all non essential businesses are being closed.

I have my first T206 Red Cobb supposed to be showing up tomorrow so I hope the mail is still going for one more day. Yes I have stupid priorities.
Old 03-23-2020, 02:15 AM
Tony Colacino

Default Day 1

Boy I hope that red Cobb shows up tomorrow! I know that would make my day, week, month. I am pulling for you!

Day 1 went about as expected. I woke up and was productive. I "mucked" the area around the pool that we let the dogs excuse themselves in. I cooked two meals and made some food for tomorrow. I cleaned out and vacuumed one car. I watered plants and brought in seeds and the grow lights to start seedlings. My wife did seven loads of laundry and the dishes, and vacuumed like a banshee.

Took a whirlpool and read, again, part of Twain's "The Innocents Abroad".

Then got drunk. Really drunk. Went to sleep at 6:30 PM after taking the dogs for a death-march through the woods to tire them out, which worked on me, not them.

Found a picture today I forgot I purchased of the 1918 Woodsville, NH high school baseball team.

Wishing you all health and a good night's rest.

Tony
Old 03-23-2020, 02:22 PM
Tony Colacino

Default Poetry

Watched Jojo Rabbit on the plane. Most of it. Left out 30 minutes in the middle because I knew what was going to happen, and didn't feel like seeing it.

At the end, there was a quote by Rilke. Ranier Maria Rilke. My favorite poet, hands down, well, maybe Bukowski.

Let everything happen to you
Beauty and terror
Just keep going
No feeling is final

Tony
Old 03-24-2020, 09:00 AM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Thanks for the responses. I found 7 rolls of Charmin in my house. They will be in the next Heritage auction. They appear to be vintage. $$$

To respond:

Cerebus is a tough character to digest. I have probably read 200 of the 300 issues. Jaka's Story is still my favorite, though Church and State is pretty great. Also, Melmoth, because I love Oscar Wilde.

I wish nothing but the best to you in Washington State, and upstate New York. Forgive me for being crass, but cleaning yourself does not require toilet paper. A washrag, a sink, a tissue...it is the height of lunacy right now. It's not even a GI bug, but respiratory.

Anyway, thanks for giving me something to do when under sparkling detention.

Did you know Larry McLean's bartender killed him?

Tony
High Society was LOL funny too. Dave really had a knack for writing dialects with the Marx Brothers, Mick and Keef, and others.
Old 03-24-2020, 10:29 AM
Belltown Vintage

I put myself in semi-quarantine two weeks ago, as did my girlfriend. As a biology major back in the 1970's, I understood what the doctors were saying, and I can't afford to get COVID-19. Flu goes to my chest every time, so this wouldn't be so great. I talked my girlfriend into taking a week vacation and then she got her boss to let her work from home. I was worried about my Airbnb in downtown Seattle, but everyone cancelled.

The only thing I did that people might not think about, is I bought a lot of broccoli, carrots and asparagus two weeks ago, and dehydrated it. We have not had any shortages of those items so I will probably dehydrate more broccoli since it's cheap, and make dried vegetable packages to distribute to people if things get bad. Bell peppers have twice as much Vitamin C as oranges, so I'll dehydrate those as well.

You can still buy dehydrators on Amazon - I highly recommend it.

Fortunately hoarding is not that bad in Tacoma, even though we have a lot of cases in the area. We can even buy toilet paper.
Old 03-24-2020, 01:57 PM
Steve Birmingham

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
LOL. Much like the show 24. When exactly does Jack Bauer eat or go to the bathroom. Hmmmm.
TP isn't a difficult sort of paper to make. It is hard to make well, but 10 years into a zombie apocalypse the crazy guy with a blender and some window screens will be very popular.
Old 03-24-2020, 05:05 PM
Belltown Vintage

and the guy who grows extra corn.
Old 03-29-2020, 08:58 PM
Tony Colacino

Default Day something

I think I have 5 days left. I'm off self-quarantine on Saturday. I cheated yesterday, when I took garbage to the transfer station "translate dump", but I waited until nobody else was there, got put of my car and threw it away, and left immediately.

I have found a few cool things in the interim.

The complete Strand magazine first editions of "The Hound of the Baskervilles", maybe 4-6 books.

A signed Bukowski book of "Women", in Swedish.

First edition of the soft-cover of "On the Road".

An original copy of the "Book of the Dead", with a Flexi-disc of Neil Cassady rapping.

And also a bunch of baseball autos, and stuff. But because this is "Off-topic" I will leave it there.

Hoping everyone is safe, secure, and wonderful tonight.

Tony
Old 04-04-2020, 12:16 PM
Tony Colacino

Finally out of self-quarantine today. Very exciting. Ran 7 errands, my wife insisted I wear a mask at the grocery store, and we argued about if for a bit but I did.

Observations:

1) About 1 in 5 people were wearing "soft" masks. Most looked like something like an Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test Bandito. Next time out I am wearing one of my wife's bras on my face.

2) The. liquor store is essential, and busier than the grocery store.

3) The sun rises in the east, and goes down in the west. It was nice to see other people out, and being polite and respectful after 2 weeks of not seeing anyone. I felt good about my interactions with people.

4) The McDonald's in town is on steroids. The line was really long, and I lit a cigarette (I know, I know) because I thought it would take forever. It was like 2 minutes until I was trying to stub it out because I had to pay and get my food.

5) All the trailheads I passed today were pretty packed. I think its' nice that people are getting outdoors. Perhaps this will be a silver lining.

Anyway, this site helped me pass the time, and I'm appreciative of that. All the best to you and your family.

Tony
Old 04-07-2020, 12:00 PM
Belltown Vintage

Our local Safeway is busier than usual, all day. People are all over each other, just like normal, almost no masks among shoppers and zero employees wearing masks. They closed the self-check stations and there are markers every six feet at the register lines, but the checkers aren't wearing masks or gloves.

I got tired of the ridiculous behavior at Safeway, so the last time out I went to a more upscale place. ALL store employees wore masks, as did about 75% of the shoppers, and there were not loads of shoppers. Different neighborhood, different behavior. In the lower income areas there is less adherence to the Governor's 'stay at home order'. This virus treats everyone equally, but if you go seek it out, it's more likely to give you the treatment.

Outdoors, I have never seen this many people walking around the neighborhood and I hear, like the poster above, the trailheads are packed, which is why I haven't been to any of the trails. A group of people gather at the intersection a block away, about once a week, music blaring. Some wear masks, some don't. We have only had two people die in Tacoma from COVID-19, so the young people really don't care. There is no police presence in Tacoma and our Mayor appears to be a deaf mute.

I had to spend a day in downtown Seattle last week, and it's a different attitude there. There are only 7 people in my Belltown zip who have tested positive, and that's out of around 20,000 residents. People are walking their dogs and some of the homeless are out, but that's mostly it. No one milling about, few joggers. You might consider this a bad thing, but you can either believe what the medical experts are saying, or you can rationalize it away to suit your immediate pleasure needs.

Tomorrow will be four weeks for me, and I'm finding I like it. Saving a lot of money and eating better than ever AND losing a little weight. The biggest problem is no more income, but I got an SBA disaster loan. If you are a small business, DO IT. it's easy once you get the initial application in, as they are stream-lining everything because of the huge demand. Mine just about equals the amount of income I'll lose through July.
Old 04-09-2020, 08:20 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Finally out of self-quarantine today. Very exciting. Ran 7 errands, my wife insisted I wear a mask at the grocery store, and we argued about if for a bit but I did.

Observations:

1) About 1 in 5 people were wearing "soft" masks. Most looked like something like an Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test Bandito. Next time out I am wearing one of my wife's bras on my face.

2) The. liquor store is essential, and busier than the grocery store.

3) The sun rises in the east, and goes down in the west. It was nice to see other people out, and being polite and respectful after 2 weeks of not seeing anyone. I felt good about my interactions with people.

4) The McDonald's in town is on steroids. The line was really long, and I lit a cigarette (I know, I know) because I thought it would take forever. It was like 2 minutes until I was trying to stub it out because I had to pay and get my food.

5) All the trailheads I passed today were pretty packed. I think its' nice that people are getting outdoors. Perhaps this will be a silver lining.

Anyway, this site helped me pass the time, and I'm appreciative of that. All the best to you and your family.

Tony
Same to you, Tony. My wife is a bit of a germaphobe so anytime I go out, I get the 3rd degree about being prepared for it. Same when I get home, its wash your hands, wash your hands!!

Speaking of face coverings, I am hoping your wife isn't large chested!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bra.jpg (57.8 KB, 144 views)
Old 04-10-2020, 06:20 PM
Andy H

Not in quarantine as in being sick but I'm limiting my times out. Going for walks about twice a week and have masks (yeah, it doesn't cure it but with just about everyone else here not using a mask, it's worth wearing.)

Thankfully, I grew up as a very introverted person so while it has affected me, it hasn't affected me as much as it could have.

My GLAC collection (1/240):
https://www.collectorfocus.com/colle...gned-postcards

Last edited by Wrightfan85; 04-10-2020 at 06:20 PM.
Old 04-24-2020, 05:29 PM
Belltown Vintage

FYI - not because it's of interest to many people, but if it keeps one person safer:

I've been self-quarantined for 45 days now, and - you guessed it - got the virus anyway. Probably got it from Safeway, which I complained about in a previous post. I could not ignore it, as it was clearly a virus, and viruses come from humans - they don't crawl under your door;however, I assumed it was the flu or a cold, as I never got a fever. Well, you generally get fevers with ALL viruses, so this one was really weird. Symptoms were a dry cough (still have it) with no sore throat, shortness of breath to the point that I still can't wear a mask and I have a good one (can't get enough air through it), fatigue to the point that I could walk my dog for 15 minutes and then was worn out for the day, no appetite for two days, achy joints as in a normal flu. I'm back to eating, full strength, no aches, but still have a cough and difficulty breathing at times.

But no fever at any point.

Also, the 6 feet distancing is not enough - that I'm sure of.
Old 04-25-2020, 03:12 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
FYI - not because it's of interest to many people, but if it keeps one person safer:

I've been self-quarantined for 45 days now, and - you guessed it - got the virus anyway. Probably got it from Safeway, which I complained about in a previous post. I could not ignore it, as it was clearly a virus, and viruses come from humans - they don't crawl under your door;however, I assumed it was the flu or a cold, as I never got a fever. Well, you generally get fevers with ALL viruses, so this one was really weird. Symptoms were a dry cough (still have it) with no sore throat, shortness of breath to the point that I still can't wear a mask and I have a good one (can't get enough air through it), fatigue to the point that I could walk my dog for 15 minutes and then was worn out for the day, no appetite for two days, achy joints as in a normal flu. I'm back to eating, full strength, no aches, but still have a cough and difficulty breathing at times.

But no fever at any point.

Also, the 6 feet distancing is not enough - that I'm sure of.
That sucks, Scott, best of luck to you!
Ken
Old 05-18-2020, 02:34 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
That sucks, Scott, best of luck to you!
Ken
Thanks Ken. The dry cough did not go away. Day before yesterday I got the abdominal pains again and that night was just like the first night a month ago. And this time I had a small fever. The next day I had body aches again and was fatigued - took a 2 1/2 hour afternoon nap. Now I'm almost well again. Very, very weird stuff. We don't really have testing yet for anyone but people showing obvious symptoms and front-line workers, but at some point I'll get a test to see what's been going on.

I hope everyone is doing well.
Old 06-21-2020, 09:34 AM
Arnie

I am in south Florida which is a bad spot for the virus, although the city where i live in is pretty good.

I am self quarantining in my condo for about 3 months now, i only go out like once every two weeks to do food shopping. Once in awhile i go out for a drive to clear my head and to try to keep the battery in my car charged.

I am going nuts as i am totally alone. My second wife passed away 2 years ago, and i have zero family. My social life is Facebook. I am basically in solitary confinement. I am over 70, so i gotta be careful as i am in the at risk group altho i dont have any respiratory problems.

Out of stress and frustration and nerves, i am now buying a lot of baseball cards. I had stopped for about six months, but this last month i have been going nuts and bought a 1956 Topps complete set and a 1958 Topps complete set plus a bunch of graded Reggie Jackson cards. Gotta stop, i am not a rich person!!

This whole thing sucks, and my nerves, which are usually bad, are horrendous and its got me tensed up which has my blood pressure way up, plus i am down mentally and anxious about everything.

So thats my tale of woe. I try to keep my spirits up, but at times its hard. I hope all you guys are doing well.
Old 06-21-2020, 03:28 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

What Reggies did you pick up? I recently grabbed a graded 1977 Burger King card (because it's the first 'main' card with him actually in a Yankees uniform), and an autographed version of the same card. Love me some Reg-gie!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.