NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-21-2005, 03:19 AM
Administrator

Default Mastronet Customer service

Posted By: Robert

First of all I am posting this because I know that Doug reads the board and I am hoping that he will do something about his customer service department. A week before the last auction ended I contacted mastronet informing them that in the past 5 auctions I have never recieved a invoice via email and I would be leaving town 3 days after the auction ended for a month, so I really wanted to get a total so I could pay before I left. I was told that they would make sure that it was handled and of course it was not, I have since tried contacting them several times through there wedsite with no luck or answer.

Another issue I have is in the past 3 auction I have requsted more information about certain lots that where just ignored and never answered. Needless to say because they never gave me an answer I never placed a bid, it was not like I requested better scans or anything they where very simple to answer questions to get the facts straight.

With the quality of product and the prices they are getting I feel they need to improve their customer service to equal their product. I have seen numerous times people from REA and Mile High respond to things posted in this forum and I hope that the same happens here. Because I really want to send this check to them so my cards will be there when I get home.

Old 12-21-2005, 05:25 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

Robert-I do not share your opinion. I have found the Mastro guys to be outstanding on all levels of customer service. Keep up the great work guys!

Old 12-21-2005, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: cmoking

I printed my invoice from their site two days after the auction ended...and used that to send them a check. I received my cards on Monday!

Old 12-21-2005, 06:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andrew parks

My invoice was e-mailed to me two days after the auction ended and I received much help in better descriptions of cards during the auction.

I wish you had the same positive experience. That's too bad.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

The one time I emailed Mastro asking for better scans I received them w/in 15 minutes.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

They are top notch in all aspects, maybe there was a spam filter in your settings but as far as Mastronet, incredible service.

Old 12-21-2005, 06:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I overnighted a bank cashiers check the Monday after the auction. There is almost no way anyone paid sooner. The shipping guy called me the next day as I questioned the over $100 shipping charge for some cards. He politely told me that I was one of the ones they send right out anyway, as I guess they trust me or something. I still haven't received my cards. I guess consignors get their stuff shipped last. I hope the payment from my consignment isn't as expedited.......Other than this I have nothing but great things to say about all of the Mastro folks and support them in every aspect....greetings...

Old 12-21-2005, 07:11 AM
Administrator

the shipping fees are too high. but I know that going in and instead of using 17.5 percent, I use 18 percent as the BP.

Leon, wondering what you consigned and if you were happy with the hammer

Old 12-21-2005, 07:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I have found them to be TOP NOTCH in every aspect.

Doug and Kevin are both very pleasant and very thorough.

Now that they have the 10-minute rule in place...

their auctions are perfect!

Old 12-21-2005, 07:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

If you have a spam filter it may be going into that....I have a Yahoo address and for some reason half of my Mastro emails go into the junkmail box.

Old 12-21-2005, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Doug Allen

For Robert and everyone else on the Board that is a customer of ours my e-mail address is dallen@mastronet.com and my cell phone number is 630-336-6650. Those of you who know me realize I am the most accessible guy around. Additionally, if I am traveling or not available my assistant Nancy Davis who now handles customer service for us can be reached at ndavis@mastronet.com and is in the office every day from 9:00 to 5:30....I will spare her and not give out her cell phone number. You can also access her by going through the "contact us" tab of the web site which introduces our new Customer Service function. Make use of this new service as it will be the most expeditious way to get inquiries answered.

Robert, I can honestly say I did not get a call or e-mail from you. I did just verify and re e-mail your invoice so hopefully you got it. If not feel free to contact me.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:00 AM
Administrator

I consigned the 1875 CDV of Cummings. After the hammer it was about 12k so it was a decent price. I was hoping for a little more but there was a lot of other good stuff for folks and many other auctions going on. The Mastro folks worked with me on the description and operational issues and I have no complaints whatsoever on the item consigned. regards

Old 12-21-2005, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I must add that my experience has been that they have been top notch as well, particularly Kevin, Doug, and now Peter.
Jim Blumenthal

Old 12-21-2005, 08:41 AM
Administrator

Leon, great item....cool stuff, I never knew there was a team called the Blue Stockings! The description was very informative as well...great job by Mastro. One stupid question from me - what exactly does CDV stand for?

Old 12-21-2005, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred (Fred)

CDV = carte-de-visite

The main characteristics of cdv photos from the 1860s are: thin, poor quality mount card with square corners; photos hand cut and poorly aligned with card; no details on back, or at most a photgrapher's stamp and/or signature.

I pulled that from the internet - plagerism at its worst.

Sorry to stray from the main topic.

Old 12-21-2005, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

From my personal experience, MastroNet's customer service is good. I realize they have how many thousand bidders with how many hundred requests and don't expect them to cater to my every whim.

Old 12-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Administrator

WOW...I gripe and talk to Doug and the Fedex guy just showed up at my door. Said I was lucky (sort of ironic but not like I haven't heard a few one liners about my name) and some of the packages won't be delivered this evening. This one from Mastro was and I am happy as a pig in sh**....regards all

ps...btw, I strongly advise anyone having a problem with a person or a company to address it with them privately before they put it on the board...I know of some issues that certain people continually have with auction houses and it is common knowledge. If a lot of major auction houses have banned you or you've had issues with them then you might look in the mirror...

Old 12-21-2005, 04:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

Thanks Doug I got a message from Nancy and have the total but she forgot to leave the address for me to ship the check. I left her another and sure she will call back, I hope that everyone did not think I was bad mouthing your company and just assumed that everyone else was having the same problems that I was. It is strange that your system has no problems emailing me bid confirmations and notices that I have been out bidded, and it can't get me an invoice. I had the same problem in the very first auction about not getting an invoice and spoke to you and you managed to get me an invoice. Can't wait to get home to see my winnings and have a Happy Holiday. As I sit here on the beach in Kauai

Old 12-21-2005, 04:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Frank Evanov

I'v never had a problem with Mastro. They sent my cards from this auction without even cashing my check.

Frank

Old 12-21-2005, 05:32 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

After much consternation, my cards finally arrived today. I need to find a way to get on their preferred list. I sent an overnight bank check and hundreds of people still got their cards ahead of me. Guess I need to bug them a little more next time.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Richard Masson

or move to Chicago. At least they have a functional transit system.

Old 12-21-2005, 08:49 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Barry,

I bet you didn't know that some people get their lots mailed to them before the auction even closes!! They just tell the auctioneer that they want that lot and PRESTO they get it!! The only question is how much the check will be for, at the end. Just think with on average over 2000 lots, how many different buyer's payments all come in, within a one week period. It's hard to pre-box items not knowing what item will ship out with what?

I'm sure you have been crazy the week after the auction letting everyone know what they won and get it shipped out in a timely manor... Now what's a timely manor??? That's another topic. I do know that Mastro is at the top of the game right now. I wished they would have sold me 5000.00 in warrants years ago... I begged them to.... JC

Old 12-21-2005, 10:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

and got an e-mail yesterday that my item had been shipped UPS (or FedEx) ground.

Sort of an anticlimax, but that's what usually happens. It's good service, and I have never had any complaints about anything I've ever gotten from them, or about not having my questions answered, or anything else.

Once, though, they sent my stuff out overnight express...downright favoritism!

Old 12-22-2005, 05:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

i think mastro is top notch from a customer service standpoint. i'm surprised to hear otherwise.

Old 12-22-2005, 05:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: ockday

For me Mastronet has always been top notch in all regards !!

Alan