NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Default Another Grading Question

Posted By: Dave

How come SGC Will grade some cards that show trimming or color added as AUTH. Then some cards they just return with nothing done but the area circled where the problem is. There is an E92 Dockman from the Nagy Collection on ebay that is slabbed and listed as AUTH. To me it looks like it was trimmed on the top and done very badly. I have a card I sent to be graded and it was returned in a plastic sleeve with the suspected area circled. I can't see anything visually or under a black light. My collection is all slabbed and all my cards are displayed for everyone to see and I'm not afraid for them to be touched. They also have a list of items they don't slab. I checked the list. Then I emailed them my list and all was fine. When I get my cards back my PX7's didn't get done because they say they don't do them. Also my S74 White Silk with the back still attached wasn't done. They said they don't do them either. How about their list and my email. Do they bother to check any of that? That was all extra cost for nothing. The extra declared value for insurance the number of cards sent put me in a higher shipping bracket. I'm not a Happy Camper.
Anyone else have similar problems?
Dave

Old 12-17-2005, 03:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Henry Eshelman

To get SGC to grade cards as authentic you have to tell them to do so.

Thanks, Henry Eshelman

Old 12-17-2005, 03:53 PM
Administrator

I had a J=K card done and it came back with an AUTH without prior approval.
Dave

Old 12-17-2005, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

in my last sgc order i asked for a rare card to be slabbed authentic. the card is not trimmed. but it did have a stain that someone tried to remove, did not, and in the process caused some paper loss.
not sure why they wouldn't authenticate it.
i also wish they would be consistant and slab all s74's with the paper backing still attached.
they have graded at least one s74, maybe more.....but for some reason they will not continue.

Old 12-17-2005, 04:10 PM
Administrator

Thank you
My S74 is clean and the back is clean and fully intact. I also have some colored Silks that don't come with a paper backing. These aren't all frayed and the brand is on the front as it's supposed to be. I may have to resort to PSA. I like the SGC mount alot more than the plain PSA. I think it's the black insert that makes the item standout.
Dave

Old 12-17-2005, 05:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

i don't think psa will grade them either.

Old 12-17-2005, 05:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe maples

I also have S74's I would like graded, SGC told me they don't grade them. I went to their site and this is what is there:

"1909-10 S74 Silks White or Colored With Backings Detached"

English class, does this mean they don't grade :

1 - (S74) Silks White (all - backs or no backs)

2 - (S74) Colored with backings detached. I have not seen any colored silks with backs attached.

3 - OR "1909-10 S74 Silks White or Colored With Backings Detached".

I think it is #1 if there is a backing or if there is no backing and #2 which means they don't grade any S74 silks.

Hope this is not to confusing.

Joe

Old 12-17-2005, 05:25 PM
Administrator

To me it means if the backing is detached they won't grade it. That is why I didn't send any colored Silks. They never said anything about my list when I sent it in an Email.
Dave