NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-08-2021, 07:45 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Default A Tale of Woe and Misery

William Clay Ford was approved as new Detroit Lions on owner on 11-22-63 - a rather ominous beginning, eh?

Since 1963 - that’s 58 years and counting - the Detroit Lions have won 2 division titles, and one of them was with a record of 9-7. They have 15 last place finishes. They have won one playoff game. Their record in these 58 years is 347-488, a .416 winning percentage. They have won 10 or more games only 6 times in those 58 years, while losing 10 or more games 21 times. I believe there has never been a fired Lions head coach who has ever been re-hired by another team as their head coach. They once made a tv analyst the general manager. A head coach once publicly asked the press, “What does it take to get fired around here?”

Their two best players since the Fords took over are probably Barry Sanders and Calvin Johnson, both of whom have or are estranged from the team.

Beginning in 2002, the Lions picked in the top 10 for 5 consecutive years and selected the following players: QB Joey Harrington (#3), WR Charles Rogers (#2), WR Roy Williams (#7), WR Mike Williams (#10) and OLB Ernie Sims (#9). All 5 players were busts.

There is a new Ford this year - Sheila. She played college tennis, so she understands what it takes to run a pro football team. An article earlier this season claimed the Lions were the best 0-6 team in history!

If your last name was Ford, how could you not be ashamed of owning this team? The Lions are the “Edsel” of the NFL, but instead of admitting defeat and shutting it down, they continue to create this lemon year after year after year. If the Lions were a car, Ralph Nader would have sued them into bankruptcy!

The utter arrogance it must require for this family to continue owning this franchise is just stunning to me.

I ask you all, please write your congressman and demand that the Ford family be removed as owners of the Detroit Lions. This madness must end now!