NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 08-24-2024, 08:42 AM
Tony Baldwin

Default Anyone on Ozempic for Type II Diabetes?

Curious to know if anyone is on Ozempic and how is it working for you? I have Type II Diabetes. My AC1 has been 7 for the past few years. I've been on it for a week. Just took my second shot. My hope is that I can get my AC1 down to 5 something. Not sure at my age (65) if I will be able to get it down low enough to get of medication for good. Haven't eaten any bad foods, walk 4 miles a day, so I'm hoping for good results. Thanks!

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 08-24-2024 at 09:26 AM.
Old 08-24-2024, 09:25 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyrNy1960 View Post
Curious to know if anyone is on Ozempic and how is it working for you? I have Type II Diabetes. My AC1 has been 7 for the past few years. Current weight when I started was 217. I've been on it for a week. Just took my second shot. My hope is that I can get my AC1 down to 5 something. Not sure at my age (65) if I will be able to get it down low enough to get of medication for good. Haven't eaten any bad foods, walk 4 miles a day, so I'm hoping for good results. Thanks!
Not on Ozempic but also a Type II and would love to hear your opinions on how it works for you in a couple months. Do you have a CGM to track your numbers?

Since I got off meds close to 2 years ago I have kept my A1c in the mid to upper 6s. I am 55 and happy with those numbers. I also eat an extremely strict diet and exercise daily.
Old 08-24-2024, 09:57 AM
Chr!$ M!ll!c@n

I been on Mounjaro for over a 1 1/2 now. It works for me!!!
My A1C (last checked) was 5.7 and had lost 65 lbs in a yr. (47yrs old)
However this year- due to a shortage, i was unable to get it from Jan-June, and had to go back on Metformin during that time. Now- July its back in supply and back on it.
I was at the 7.5 level last year and due to being off it, re-started back at 5mg.
I typically do 10K steps a day at work- not so much on weekends
But i also been having other medical issues, that keeps me less active. (been doing BCG immunotherapy treatments for bladder cancer)
(as noted in another thread- blood glucose monitor)
I tried those glucose monitors- Libre 3. did not do well for me as i constantly move my arm and it made the sensor go wrong and come loose.
Totally stopped SODAS!!! i usually drink 0sugar Gatorade. But being in the south, we love our sweet tea.
Good Luck.
I know theres some side effects- diahrea, vomiting etc. I did not get any of that with my stuff. Just nauasea and sulphur burps, but that has receeded to nothing now.
Some folks,like me take the steps slower. Some folks jump levels every month.-- not me. I do like every 3 months or until the cravings for sweets increases.
Let us know how you do.
BTW guys, i just started Blood Pressure medication- Verapilmil. Due to high readings in the 180-190 ranges when i visit the doctors. (white coat syndrome) they say.

Last edited by pawpawdiv9; 08-24-2024 at 10:03 AM.
Old 08-24-2024, 10:11 AM
Daryl

I have had type II for several years, and even with oral medication (glucophage, farxiga, etc) my A1C still steadily climbed. My doctor begged me to start Ozempic, and I refused until about 6 months ago. Since starting Ozempic in February, my A1C has dropped from 8.9 to 6.5. It’s one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Old 08-24-2024, 10:19 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
I have had type II for several years, and even with oral medication (glucophage, farxiga, etc) my A1C still steadily climbed. My doctor begged me to start Ozempic, and I refused until about 6 months ago. Since starting Ozempic in February, my A1C has dropped from 8.9 to 6.5. It’s one of the best decisions I have ever made.

Wow! That's great! Congrats! I've been on Metformin for the past 4 years. While taking it, I was eating like I know I shouldn't have. I'm Italian, so Italian foods and breads are my go to foods. Love pasta!

I was at the point where I knew I needed to get serious, hence Ozempic. On it one week. Was 217, now 210. Haven't cheated one time. No cravings. So that part of it is good.

Thanks for sharing your personal journey! Motivates me more!

Tony

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 08-24-2024 at 10:25 AM.
Old 08-24-2024, 10:24 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Not on Ozempic but also a Type II and would love to hear your opinions on how it works for you in a couple months. Do you have a CGM to track your numbers?

Since I got off meds close to 2 years ago I have kept my A1c in the mid to upper 6s. I am 55 and happy with those numbers. I also eat an extremely strict diet and exercise daily.
I will update as I go along. I don't have a CGM to track my numbers. Probably should get one. My doctor does blood work to check it.
Old 08-24-2024, 10:32 AM
Tony Baldwin

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawpawdiv9 View Post
I been on Mounjaro for over a 1 1/2 now. It works for me!!!
My A1C (last checked) was 5.7 and had lost 65 lbs in a yr. (47yrs old)
However this year- due to a shortage, i was unable to get it from Jan-June, and had to go back on Metformin during that time. Now- July its back in supply and back on it.
I was at the 7.5 level last year and due to being off it, re-started back at 5mg.
I typically do 10K steps a day at work- not so much on weekends
But i also been having other medical issues, that keeps me less active. (been doing BCG immunotherapy treatments for bladder cancer)
(as noted in another thread- blood glucose monitor)
I tried those glucose monitors- Libre 3. did not do well for me as i constantly move my arm and it made the sensor go wrong and come loose.
Totally stopped SODAS!!! i usually drink 0sugar Gatorade. But being in the south, we love our sweet tea.
Good Luck.
I know theres some side effects- diahrea, vomiting etc. I did not get any of that with my stuff. Just nauasea and sulphur burps, but that has receeded to nothing now.
Some folks,like me take the steps slower. Some folks jump levels every month.-- not me. I do like every 3 months or until the cravings for sweets increases.
Let us know how you do.
BTW guys, i just started Blood Pressure medication- Verapilmil. Due to high readings in the 180-190 ranges when i visit the doctors. (white coat syndrome) they say.
Congrats on your journey and thanks for sharing! I quit drinking sodas in March this year. I've had no side effects at all from Ozempic. I'm also doing this for my Glucose (131), Cholesterol (235), Non-HDL Cholesterol (168), and LDL-Calculated (147).

Once I'm off Ozempic, I'll never go back to eating the way I was prior. Looking to get my weight down to 190-195, and never get back up over 200.

At 65, it's now a life change for sure.

Thanks, Tony

Last edited by SyrNy1960; 08-24-2024 at 10:32 AM.