NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-28-2020, 02:23 PM

Default Addie Joss 2nd no-hitter ticket

Bumping this terrific thread that our friend Jimmie (The King of Clout) started nearly 11 years ago, I'm lucky enough to contribute this 500th post. Wow!
RIP Jimmie!

I'm very excited to add this uber rare ticket stub from 1910 at the CWS South Side Park III to my advanced no-hitter collection.

On April 20th, 1910 HOF'er Addie Joss hurled his 2nd no-hitter against the Chicago White Sox in front of 7,000 fans. Joss struck out 2 and had 2 BB, but what really stood out was that he made an unparalleled 10 assists himself in support of his no-hitter. This game would prove to be Addie's last dominant game in his short, but spectacular HOF career.

Tickets from South Side Park, which was constructed of wood, are very scarce indeed. What makes tickets from 1910 special is that the CWS moved to Comiskey Park, which was cavernous and constructed of steel, in July of 1910.

CWS tickets from this era were not dated to the best of my knowledge, so the fact that the ticket states that it could be used for any date in the 1910 season easily qualifies it for my collection. It literally is like finding a needle in a haystack...

The seller recently unearthed this ticket from the bottom of a box in a basement that at one time belonged to his great grandfather who attended the game in 1910. It's appearance is new to the hobby.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Addie Joss 2nd no-hitter ticket April 20, 1910-front.jpg (75.8 KB, 780 views)
File Type: jpg Addie Joss 2nd no-hitter ticket April 20, 1910-back.jpg (69.2 KB, 774 views)
File Type: jpg Addie Joss 1.jpg (30.3 KB, 765 views)
File Type: jpg Addie Joss 2.jpg (76.9 KB, 772 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 01-28-2020 at 08:04 PM.
Old 01-28-2020, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Bumping this terrific thread that our friend Jimmie (The King of Clout) started nearly 11 years ago, I'm lucky enough to contribute this 500th post. Wow!
RIP Jimmie!

I'm very excited to add this uber rare ticket stub from 1910 at the CWS South Side Park III to my advanced no-hitter collection.

On April 20th, 1910 HOF'er Addie Joss hurled his 2nd no-hitter against the Chicago White Sox in front of 7,000 fans. Joss struck out 2 and had 2 BB, but what really stood out was that he made an unparalleled 10 assists himself in support of his no-hitter. This game would prove to be Addie's last dominant game in his short, but spectacular HOF career.

Tickets from South Side Park, which was constructed of wood are very scarce indeed. What makes tickets from 1910 special is that the CWS moved to Comiskey Park which was cavernous and constructed of steel in July of 1910.

CWS tickets from this era were not dated to the best of my knowledge, so the fact that the ticket states that it could be used for any date in the 1910 season easily qualifies it for my collection. It literally is like finding a needle in a haystack...

The seller recently unearthed this ticket from the bottom of a box in a basement that at one time belonged to his great grandfather who attended the game in 1910. It's appearance is new to the hobby.
Congrats. That's great. And the ticket and advertising are very cool.
Old 01-28-2020, 04:03 PM
chris

Congrats Scott!
Old 01-28-2020, 07:25 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

WOW!!!! Beyond words Scott.
1955 Dodger Autographs...41/43
1934 Gas House Gang Autographs...Complete
1969 Cubs Autographs...Black Cat ticket plus 30/50
1960 Pirates autographs...Complete
1961 Yankees autographs...Complete
1971-1975 A's Playoff/WS roster autos...Complete
Old 01-28-2020, 07:34 PM
Paul Herbener

Amazing Scott!! Congratulations!
Old 01-28-2020, 08:00 PM
Scott Russell

That's awesome.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-30-2020, 01:30 AM
Doug Goodman

Quote:
RIP Jimmie!

Tickets from South Side Park, which was constructed of wood, are very scarce indeed. What makes tickets from 1910 special is that the CWS moved to Comiskey Park, which was cavernous and constructed of steel, in July of 1910.

I believe the kidz these days would call that a mic drop...
Old 03-12-2020, 07:46 PM
Guy Bourque

Default Bob Gibson's 250th Win

Pair of full tickets to Bob Gibson's Last win as a starter which was also his 250th win.

thumbnail_IMG_2564 by Guy Bourque, on Flickr

Last edited by guy3050; 03-17-2020 at 06:44 AM.
Old 03-15-2020, 02:49 PM

Quote:
RIP Jimmie!

You lost me, Scott. Although an extremely rare ticket, it is most likely not from Joss's perfect game. I don't understand why you labelled it as such.
Old 03-15-2020, 04:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
You lost me, Scott. Although an extremely rare ticket, it is most likely not from Joss's perfect game. I don't understand why you labelled it as such.
Hi David,
I hope you are well. I'm sorry that my label description bothers you.

You are correct, it is not a completely dated ticket, but it is for the correct year (1910) and to the correct stadium (South Side Park) since this ticket would have gained the patron entrance to ANY game played during the 1910 season as stated on the ticket itself.

There is nothing about the ticket that would exclude it from being used in this particular game.

Ideally, as a collector, I would love to have a fully dated ticket to this game, but this is as close to being a 100% lock that I can hope for because of the early vintage scarcity of ANY CWS ticket from this era. I'll take it. As the saying goes, "Close enough for government work".

Last edited by Scott Garner; 03-15-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 04-05-2020, 11:57 PM
Mikeknapp

This is a long shot but I thought I would ask nonetheless. Does anyone know if it's possible to date this ticket stub?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200405_225250.jpg (71.0 KB, 577 views)
File Type: jpg 20200405_225159.jpg (73.6 KB, 576 views)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 04-06-2020, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
This is a long shot but I thought I would ask nonetheless. Does anyone know if it's possible to date this ticket stub?
Hi Mike,
I hope that you & your family are doing well and are healthy up in Seattle.

There isn't really any way to actually date this Cardinals ticket.
Sam Breadon the Cardinals team President was with the Cards from 1920-1947, but the ticket price would be indicitave of the 1940's as the time period.
Beyond that, it's anybody's guess.
Sorry that I can't offer any additional help.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-06-2020 at 10:20 AM.
Old 04-06-2020, 01:08 PM
Mikeknapp

Thanks Scott that's what I thought. You be safe as well.

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 04-28-2020, 10:04 AM

Default Carl Erskine 2nd career no-hitter full, unused ticket

Many thanks to net54 board member Jeff Weisenberg for allowing me to add this beautiful example of Brooklyn Dodger great Carl Erskine's 2nd career no-hitter on May 12, 1956.

Oisk no-hits the crosstown Giants 3-0 with 3 K's and 2 BB.

Full tickets to this game are scarce & I'm grateful to be able to add this beauty to my advanced no-hit ticket collection.

This photo demonstrates Erskine's pitching form in his 1956 2nd no-hitter.
Looks like Oisk was really slinging the rock that day!

BTW, thanks to all of the net54 collector community that has helped me build my collection over the last decade. I'm always amazed at the helpful collectors that provide such a great network to find these unique collectibles.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-28-2020 at 11:34 AM.