NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 06-02-2022, 03:22 PM
D@le Irv*n

Has anyone ever thought about any of this? I know some will think it is conspiracy nonsense but I think they are valid questions that need to be answered honestly.

Where did this Avalde shooter get all his wears?

He was carrying $5-6000 worth of guns, armor and ammo.

How did he get it, poor family and 18 years old. Kid probably hadn’t made $6000 gross in his whole life. How did he get to the gun shop, how did he procure all this stuff. Where did he practice shooting. Did he go to a range or a gravel pit?

All this makes very little sense to me.

Last edited by irv; 06-02-2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-02-2022, 03:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Has anyone ever thought about any of this? I know some will think it is conspiracy nonsense but I think they are valid questions that need to be answered honestly.

Where did this Avalde shooter get all his wears?

He was carrying $5-6000 worth of guns, armor and ammo.
Maybe he maxed out a couple of credit cards? He obviously wasn’t concerned about paying it back or the interest. Someone that knew him told a reporter that Ramos was a huge pothead (marijuana), that has since been scrubbed completely by the media. Just like a certain detail of the Tulsa Oklahoma mass shooting, that is a narrative that the media doesn’t want, it doesn’t fit their agenda.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:25 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Bowman View Post
Maybe he maxed out a couple of credit cards? He obviously wasn’t concerned about paying it back or the interest. Someone that knew him told a reporter that Ramos was a huge pothead (marijuana), that has since been scrubbed completely by the media. Just like a certain detail of the Tulsa Oklahoma mass shooting, that is a narrative that the media doesn’t want, it doesn’t fit their agenda.
Must be something like that but I don't know an 18 yr old up here who would qualify for any credit card with a limit over $500 to a $1000 at most?

Supposedly he fought with his mom and moved out because she/him couldn't afford WIFI? They were basically welfare poor. Where did he move to and how much was rent, if there was any?

Way too many things here that aren't adding up but my gut tells me we will never find out the "real" answers.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:44 PM
M@rk S@tterstr0m

Quote:
Supposedly he fought with his mom and moved out because she/him couldn't afford WIFI? They were basically welfare poor. Where did he move to and how much was rent, if there was any?
Since he shot his grandmother in the face I assume he was staying with her.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:00 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

I cannot make out what make/model the 2 AR-15's the Uvalde shitbag posted are, the photos I've seen of this post he made with them are too grainy for me to read. An AR can be from $500-$5,000, usually under $1,500 unless you're trying to flex at the range. A complete Colt is about $1,000.

The reports I have read stated that he had a tactical vest and not body armor (but then again a whole lot of BS has been published about this case and half of what has been said has been walked back). You can get a vest for like $40 if you aren't going for the nice stuff. Body Armor costs more.

5.56x45mm ammunition is around .50 cents in free states like Texas if you shop around. He shot, according to the News reports that are often found to be inaccurate later, between 100 and "a few hundred" rounds in the engagement.

Magazines are $10-$20 a pop.

He probably didn't have $5-6K worth of stuff. Still a lot for a broke person, but from what I've seen it's closer to $2,000 USD.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:10 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark17 View Post
Since he shot his grandmother in the face I assume he was staying with her.
Grandma was supposedly dirt poor as well, but I also assume he likely lived there for free? Allegedly, she asked him to help out more. Whether that was financially or doing work/earning his keep, or both, I don't know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I cannot make out what make/model the 2 AR-15's the Uvalde shitbag posted are, the photos I've seen of this post he made with them are too grainy for me to read. An AR can be from $500-$5,000, usually under $1,500 unless you're trying to flex at the range. A complete Colt is about $1,000.

The reports I have read stated that he had a tactical vest and not body armor (but then again a whole lot of BS has been published about this case and half of what has been said has been walked back). You can get a vest for like $40 if you aren't going for the nice stuff. Body Armor costs more.

5.56x45mm ammunition is around .50 cents in free states like Texas if you shop around. He shot, according to the News reports that are often found to be inaccurate later, between 100 and "a few hundred" rounds in the engagement.

Magazines are $10-$20 a pop.

He probably didn't have $5-6K worth of stuff. Still a lot for a broke person, but from what I've seen it's closer to $2,000 USD.
Supposedly they were Daniel Defense rifles, which aren't cheap, but then again, like you mentioned, so many stories/walk backs it isn't funny.
Old 06-02-2022, 07:16 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:

Supposedly they were Daniel Defense rifles, which aren't cheap, but then again, like you mentioned, so many stories/walk backs it isn't funny.
I had not heard that, that’s a pretty odd choice. DD’s are like $1,800+ just for the rifle. I retire my point now!
Old 06-02-2022, 07:28 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
I had not heard that, that’s a pretty odd choice. DD’s are like $1,800+ just for the rifle. I retire my point now!
Exactly. He only needed a tool for what he planned but he purchased a piece of jewelry instead? It makes no sense if true?
Also, and you will know better, but haven't the Feds been after and demonizing Daniel Defense for years?
https://www.texastribune.org/2022/05...t-gun-legally/
https://ca.movies.yahoo.com/daniel-d...005502081.html
https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...shootings.html
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...ip-nra-meeting

Lefty Media Already Targeting Daniel Defense, Manufacturer of AR Used in Uvalde Shooting
https://www.1911forum.com/threads/le...oting.1043743/
The comments in this article are quite...
https://soldiersystems.net/2013/11/3...ed-by-the-nfl/

Last edited by irv; 06-02-2022 at 08:09 PM.
Old 06-02-2022, 09:22 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Meanwhile, back in north Georgia:

Bill Gates is trying to make us eat fake meat grown in a peach tree dish.- so says an elected representative of my home state.

Truth is stupider than fiction.

I thought everyone could use a chuckle.

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 06-03-2022, 05:57 AM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
Meanwhile, back in north Georgia:

Bill Gates is trying to make us eat fake meat grown in a peach tree dish.- so says an elected representative of my home state.

Truth is stupider than fiction.

I thought everyone could use a chuckle.
No offense, how the heck did you guys elect that certain representative?