NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 05-16-2020, 03:17 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default 2020 topps project

im more of a pre war guy but i do pick up cards sometimes that look unique.

what do u guys think of these 2020 topps project cards?

some look horrible but some look pretty cool. love to hear your thoughts
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 05-16-2020, 07:39 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

A waste of time.
Old 05-16-2020, 08:47 PM
Matt Ferroni

I've been tempted by a few of these - most I think are actually pretty ugly but I like a few of the '89 Griffey Topps Traded renditions. What bothers me is actually the total number of cards and variations - wish they had just picked only the top 1 or 2 of each card rather than 20 different options leading to 400 total cards. It is way too much. Also think I read they print on demand based on sales not a predetermined number of cards released to be sold - which is lame from a scarcity driving investment standpoint.
Old 05-16-2020, 09:21 PM

I am not usually in to this type of card but so far I am hooked. The images don’t really do justice to the cards as some of the artists do things with textures and raised effects that don’t come through until the card is in hand. I do agree that you really have to either go after one artist or one player or things would get out of hand. I am posting in the pre1980 section my quest for all of the 1952 Jackie’s to complement my real 52 Jackie
Old 05-17-2020, 04:49 AM
Chris

I’ve been picking up Ben Baller’s cards as I find him funny and like the designs. I had to sell his Ichiro when I saw what they were going for (probably let go of it a little too soon but couldn’t pass up a $400 profit) but I’ll hold on to some of the others for the time being. I love them but don’t get the secondary market demand for these things since they were unlimited and easily accessible from the source.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:03 AM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bestdj777 View Post
I’ve been picking up Ben Baller’s cards as I find him funny and like the designs. I had to sell his Ichiro when I saw what they were going for (probably let go of it a little too soon but couldn’t pass up a $400 profit) but I’ll hold on to some of the others for the time being. I love them but don’t get the secondary market demand for these things since they were unlimited and easily accessible from the source.
Was there a certain timeframe to buy these, like a week?
Old 05-17-2020, 04:48 AM
Joseph Mie.lke

Quote:
Originally Posted by mferronibc View Post
I've been tempted by a few of these - most I think are actually pretty ugly but I like a few of the '89 Griffey Topps Traded renditions. What bothers me is actually the total number of cards and variations - wish they had just picked only the top 1 or 2 of each card rather than 20 different options leading to 400 total cards. It is way too much. Also think I read they print on demand based on sales not a predetermined number of cards released to be sold - which is lame from a scarcity driving investment standpoint.
The Topps Now and Living Set use the same business model, I like it. The cards that are worth a lot are not always the obvious suspects. I'm not real familiar with the Project, it seems like they are going after a different market.
Old 05-17-2020, 05:03 AM
T3d $h3rm@n

Ugly search cloggers

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-17-2020, 10:48 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I admit they do run the gambit between ugly and awesome. Unfortunately the ones I would like to add are the same it seems most would at amazing profits. I don’t think I will be buying many at secondary market prices but I have started watching the releases on the topps site.

I think the ball was dropped in two places though to make them much better. The backs are terrible and should have more thought. Also, the artist proofs are a giant fail for retaining value long run. Without having the artist sign the 20 copies, I see little to justify the value after the excitement leaves years from now. They left an opportunity to have a cool collectible like the signed Peter Max cards on the table.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.