NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 12-11-2019, 08:03 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Chapter 2-- Dubuque Photo New Discovery

I once owned a sports card shop directly across the street from an Antique Mall. One day I went to the Mall and began my browsing, the first booth located to the very right when one walked inside, sat an old antique wood dresser with its very top drawer opened. I peeked inside and saw a small stack of say ten old Cabinet photos. One happened to be a baseball team photo of nine players, the Cabinet photo wasn't priced so I walk over to the proprietor, and left as the new owner.

A year later or so I'm looking through the old version THE OFFICIAL ENCYCLOPEDIA of BASEBALL page 392 there it shows Ted Sullivan organizing the Northwestern League consisting of his baseball team in Dubuque Iowa. Thinking back I thought the Cabinet photo I purchased earlier was stamped DUBUQUE.

It took me a couple months or so to find the photo. After searching awhile I thought may be it got thrown away or something? When I did finally find it, yes it's stamped Dubuque, hence started my quest and research. Unfortunately the St Louis Antique dealer had already left the Mall---I am compiling my revised evidence for SABR (wish I had bought all the other family photos in the stack, some may have belonged to the baseball photo history?)---- The beginning Chapter 2

Last edited by Directly; 12-16-2019 at 06:31 AM.
Old 12-12-2019, 06:38 AM
Ben North

We need pictures.
Old 12-16-2019, 06:25 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Will the Real Comiskey Please Stand Up Chapter 2

Attn:--Chapter 2--new discovery, the photo isn't dated 1879!!

Last edited by Directly; 01-27-2024 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-18-2019, 09:45 PM
Steve Birmingham

This is dragging on almost long enough to compete with GAIs return, or the rollout of SGCs new registry.
Old 12-19-2019, 04:08 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Will the Real Comiskey Please Stand Up Chapter 2

So now I can prove with facts my DATED Dubuque photo without doubt shows a young Comiskey, this should all go away-.

I posted my finding in the watercooler all topics forum for discussion- so now what's the problem, because I was correct all along!

One member remarked forum discussion is healthy as another advised stick to the facts!--well that's what I'm doing!
Old 12-19-2019, 08:06 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve B View Post
This is dragging on almost long enough to compete with GAIs return, or the rollout of SGCs new registry.
Damian is going to have GAI back up and going, he is waiting for the extra car in the garage to move so he has office space again.

SGC's upgrades are coming soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
So now I can prove with facts my DATED Dubuque photo without doubt shows a young Comiskey, this should all go away-.

I posted my finding in the watercooler all topics forum for discussion- so now what's the problem, because I was correct all along!

One member remarked forum discussion is healthy as another advised stick to the facts!--well that's what I'm doing!
So then please post what you have instead of the updates soon posts. I don't collect that type of stuff but always appreciate threads that I learn something new from.
Old 12-20-2019, 07:33 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Ear to Ear theory

The Ear comparison theory in my opinion greatly depends with the angle of the face. Comparing Photo C, in my opinion the ear shape looks different. I tried to point this out in Chapter One. Facial recognition technology concentrates more with the facial features versus ears--( I suppose ear comparison may have its place, but only as one supplement not the final absolute conclusion)

Old 12-21-2019, 03:39 PM
Tom Re.bert

So then please post what you have instead of the updates soon posts. I don't collect that type of stuff but always appreciate threads that I learn something new from.[/QUOTE]

(***After the first of the year on the main forum. Thanks to a local photographer pointing out the date, finally connecting all the dots--please stay tuned!***)

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by Directly; 12-21-2019 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 07:25 AM
Tom Re.bert

Default Chapter 2 prelude

Please let me be clear, I have no vendetta with anyone in the First Chapter "Will the Real Comiskey Please Stand Up".

All imputes were building blocks called research which really pushed me to keep going the course!

In Chapter 2 my goal is not to offend anyone just to present these facts.

I myself made some critical errors especially the wrong date assumption of 1879--

Thanks again

Last edited by Directly; 12-22-2019 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-24-2019, 07:30 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default photo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Directly View Post
Attn:--Chapter 2--new discovery, the photo isn't dated 1879!!
So, if the photo isn't dated 1879, what year is it from?

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 12-27-2019, 05:40 PM
Tom Re.bert

Default Tom Loftus Obituary Article

Loftus Obituary article