NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 12-21-2019, 08:21 AM
Rick McQuillan

Default eBay minor rant

What in the hell is wrong with people? I receive an offer on eBay, I accept right away, and three days later I still haven't been paid. This happens quite often.

It drives me crazy. It isn't about the money, it is more about people not responding. At least send me a message telling me that you will pay me on payday, or that you are out of town for a while. Although, if you make me an offer at 10:00, and I accept at 10:05, you should be able to send a payment in the next few minutes.

I don't use the immediate payment option because it makes it difficult to combine shipping if more that one item is purchased.

Now I feel better!

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:34 AM
Robert Klevens

I hate that too. If the buyer is smart enough they can put multiple items in their cart and check out together so the shipping will be combined.
Old 12-21-2019, 09:47 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
What in the hell is wrong with people? I receive an offer on eBay, I accept right away, and three days later I still haven't been paid. This happens quite often.

It drives me crazy. It isn't about the money, it is more about people not responding. At least send me a message telling me that you will pay me on payday, or that you are out of town for a while. Although, if you make me an offer at 10:00, and I accept at 10:05, you should be able to send a payment in the next few minutes.

I don't use the immediate payment option because it makes it difficult to combine shipping if more that one item is purchased.

Now I feel better!
The Immediate Payment doesn't apply to offers anyway.

I set my account to automatically open a NPB case after 2 days, they then have 4 days after that to pay. I certainly pay Ebay enough money, so let them handle it.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:53 PM
Al Richter

I am strictly a buyer on eBay. I almost always pay right after notice of acceptance, or later that day if notice occurs while I am occupied. Occasionally I might pay the next morning if acceptance happens in the evening.

But, I travel quite a bit internationally to some places internet is spotty, or unavailable for periods on planes and ships. If some one filed an NP against me after 2 days they would get paid but no more business from me.

But I get that good sellers get stiffed a lot these days by bad buyers and that Ebay's rules totally favor the buyers ( and that many good sellers will no longer sell on EBay because of that, which is bad for us legitimate buyers).
Old 01-01-2020, 04:58 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

I second what Al said...although I try to pay immediately I have instances over the years where an auction ended and I was out of town or whatever and paid once I had service. I’m sure this is the exception to what you were talking about but if someone opened an np case against me I would avoid purchasing from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-01-2020, 05:08 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

People waiting for coupons or promotions most likely . Doesnt change the fact it's annoying!

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 01-02-2020, 01:57 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default NPB's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4reals View Post
I second what Al said...although I try to pay immediately I have instances over the years where an auction ended and I was out of town or whatever and paid once I had service. I’m sure this is the exception to what you were talking about but if someone opened an np case against me I would avoid purchasing from them again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I understand your situation. It isn't the auctions, but the BIN's/offers. Once again, just a few days ago, a guy makes me an offer on a card. 2 minutes later I accept. Then crickets. It has been 4 days with no contact or response. This isn't a matter of not having cell phone service. He had service 2 minutes earlier when he sent me the offer. It isn't a matter of money, it was a $5 card for heaven's sake.

Auctions are a different matter. I can see bidding on an auction and then 7 days later, you forgot that you made the bid, or you are traveling in Southwest Wisconsin, where I live, and most of the area doesn't have any cell phone reception. I understand those situations and I will patiently wait for the buyer to respond. But, all I ask is that you send me a quick message and tell me that you are on vacation and you will pay when you return. No problem with that.

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 01-07-2020, 10:48 PM
Rob

Default My eBay

sorry, wrong thread

Last edited by RCMcKenzie; 01-08-2020 at 05:02 PM. Reason: wrong thread
Old 01-09-2020, 05:40 PM
R@nda!! H@hn

Yes as someone already said, "immediate payment doesn't apply to offers". This is a tactic used by people who want to 'buy it now", buy don't have the money yet.

Baseball's hard. You can love it but it doesn't always love you back. It's like dating a German chick...
Billy Bob Thornton-Bad News Bears
Old 01-11-2020, 05:14 PM
Bruce Fairchild

When I make an offer I'm waiting, expecting a response. If my offer is accepted I pay immediately.
I get chapped when I make an offer, not an outlandish offer mind you, and the seller doesn't respond and lets my offer expire. I won't be making any offers in the future to that seller!
Old 01-11-2020, 06:31 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

I love that Ebay now lets you choose how long your offer is good for 12-24-48 Hours. I usually choose 24, I hated when sellers let my offer sit there for 48 hours.
Old 01-12-2020, 11:12 AM
Derek 0u3ll3tt3

I was recently made an offer and could not find an option anywhere to decline it. I had no choice other than to let it expire.
Old 01-12-2020, 12:21 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgo71 View Post
I was recently made an offer and could not find an option anywhere to decline it. I had no choice other than to let it expire.
Go to the item page, click on "review offer" it gives the option to decline.