NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 02-01-2011, 06:03 PM
Dave Johnson

Default Golf Card Chatter - The National

I know it is way early as we are still over 6 months away, but is anyone planning on going to the National in Chicago in 2011? Seems like the golf crowd is pretty much resigned to message boards and the like.

While I have had phone conversations with a few of you, emails and message board posts with even more of you and sold and bought on ebay from god only knows how many of you....I am planning on going at this stage.

Thought it would be a wise idea to maybe see if enough of us in the golf collecting crowd were going, that maybe we could get together for an evening and possibly even have an education aspect of something in the collecting arena...I mean we all have are set or specific area of expertise.

Thoughts?
Old 02-01-2011, 06:28 PM

Dave -

I plan on going to the National and would love to spend some time with fellow golf collectors. I'm not sure I have any expertise to share - but I would like break bread with golf collectors.

As we get closer - lets try to organize something for a specific night.

I think it is a great idea.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:49 AM

I would like to make it this year. I am trying to put something together for Thursday-Friday or maybe Friday-Saturday. It would be nice to put a face with a name.
Jason
Old 02-10-2011, 09:45 PM
Dave Johnson

I had one person contact me from the PSA message boards as well, but he is not sure if he is going or not. I realize it is still very early.

Any thoughts on where/when to meet? Hotel bar for a beverage of your choice and some snacks? Should we have some topics or things to discuss or cards to show off?

I am also planning on inviting Cosetta, BJ, Gayle and maybe Joe Orlando. I have met them at other shows and always wanted to buy em a drink after their are done for the day.
Old 02-19-2011, 08:04 AM

Dave,

I think a 'lunch' would probably be the easiest for everyone to make.
A 'dinner' IMO is the most enjoyable, but probably the most difficult to put together and for people to make.

After dinner drinks at the hotel bar would be cool as well.

I'm hoping that whatever is decided - I don't have a schedule conflict.

I think a golf collectors get together would be great.
Old 05-15-2011, 09:25 AM
Dave Johnson

Bumping this one up as it has been awhile since I posted this....the National is getting closer...any new blood looking to make it to Chicago?
Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 PM

I was pretty sure I was going to the National when you first started this thread.....

but now it is more likely than not that I am going to miss this National.

good luck and enjoy the golf get-together. I would love to be there.
Old 05-15-2011, 08:05 PM

I was also hoping to go, but it isn't looking like I will be able to make it either.
Old 05-16-2011, 08:54 AM

I will be going to the National for sure. I suggest you guys join us at the Net54 dinner on the Friday night of the National. Leon will post more details about it in early July on the main section of this message board.

In any case, I'd like to possibly join you guys too. I'd love to learn more about vintage golf cards. Do you if Jack Zugay going ? He had been going to the National every year, but I don't know now since he sold his cards.

Alan
Old 06-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Dave Johnson

Last call...anyone else planning on going to the National?