NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 03-18-2020, 07:02 PM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by doug.goodman View Post
Wow.

The Red Sox and Alex Cora better be preparing for the next round...
What was the Red Sox punishment? I musta missed it
Old 03-18-2020, 10:38 PM
Tim Odeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
What was the Red Sox punishment? I musta missed it
I don't think it's been released. They keep pushing it back.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
Successful deals with: Banksfan14, Brianp-beme, Bumpus Jones, Dacubfan (x5), Dstrawberryfan39, Ed_Hutchinson, Fballguy, fusorcruiser (x2), GoCalBears, Gorditadog, Luke, MikeKam, Moosedog, Nineunder71, Powdered H20, PSU, Ronniehatesjazz, Roarfrom34, Sebie43, Seven, and Wondo
Old 05-12-2022, 06:16 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I found the Astros punishment to be really weak. I mean, 5 million dollar fine? That's like fining me 5 bucks. If they really wanted to end cheating tomorrow, they'd lower the Astros luxury tax threshold by 30 million for the next decade and let them bleed.
Since you found the Astros punishment to be really weak, how do you think the Yankees should be punished given what has come to light?

I find it funny how so many people voiced their opinions about the Astros cheating scandal, but are dead silent about the Yankees cheating scandal.
Old 05-12-2022, 06:48 AM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

I don't like the fact that no team, player, manager, etc. got punished enough once it all came to light. MLB pretty much threw a blind eye to the entire thing and just wanted it to go away. Effectively wrist slaps and come on back and play.

Pete Rose, who is no saint in my book. Did much less in comparison and he was/is ostracized and shunned for his actions. IMHO

Everyone involved in cheating at this level should be facing a lifetime ban from the sport. But that will never happen.

Bring back the Mountain, he'll set things right.

My take on this cheating crap.

My take on why Houston has more focus than other teams is because they won the Series and were cheating. Still does not absolve any other team for doing this BTW.

Butch Turner

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:03 AM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
Since you found the Astros punishment to be really weak, how do you think the Yankees should be punished given what has come to light?

I find it funny how so many people voiced their opinions about the Astros cheating scandal, but are dead silent about the Yankees cheating scandal.
Yankees were punished. Astros were more bold and brazen with their actions so yeah they are getting killed. And they won so that adds to it.

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk
Old 05-12-2022, 07:12 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hxcmilkshake View Post
Yankees were punished. Astros were more bold and brazen with their actions so yeah they are getting killed. And they won so that adds to it.

How were they punished? As far as I can tell, they were only fined $100K...unless I missed something else.

Besides, I think my point was missed. Here's a guy saying, "I found the Astros punishment to be really weak" but is absolutely silent when his own team gets caught. Do you not see the irony?

Last edited by vintagetoppsguy; 05-12-2022 at 07:18 AM.
Old 05-12-2022, 07:17 AM
St@n Go.len

Quote:
How were they punished? As far as I can tell, they were only fined $100K...unless I missed something else.
Nope. Thats right.

Old 05-12-2022, 09:15 AM
Bob C.

Quote:

Besides, I think my point was missed. Here's a guy saying, "I found the Astros punishment to be really weak" but is absolutely silent when his own team gets caught. Do you not see the irony?
Dave,

The more correct term you're looking for isn't irony, its hypocrisy!
Old 05-12-2022, 09:27 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

While both situations were against the rules, the Astros cheated after the Commissioners memo warning teams there would be severe punishment for electronic sign stealing. They were warned but did it any way, thats why the team, GM and manager were punished more harshly.
Old 05-13-2022, 05:35 PM
Sco.tt Mar.cus

Quote:

While I've also noticed packs's selective blindness, he's only posted on the forum five times since October. I think that's the reason for his silence here.