NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Old 01-15-2021, 06:44 AM
H Murphy

Default !986 Fleer Jordan Sticker

Hello Guys, found this Jordan a while back when looking for another item actually. Forgot picking it up years ago. Any tell tale signs of it being a reprint, scans aren`t the greatest I Know. Any input much appreciated before possibly sending it to be graded. Thanks for the help.....Murph
1986 Fleer Sticker, Jordan by Hugh Murphy, on Flickr
Untitled by Hugh Murphy, on Flickr
Old 02-14-2021, 03:36 PM
H Murphy

Purchased this card late 80`s. Have been doing some checking and found 2 promising aspects of this card. The yellow on the front appears to be a darker shade and the back red areas seem correct, more red than maroon. Any input from more seasoned hoop collectors would be greatly appreciated. Thanx guys......
Old 02-22-2021, 01:09 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

I'm certainly no "expert" on when this sticker began being reprinted, but if you really did purchase it in the late 80s I can't imagine it was being forged at that time. I was at a large show in Cincinnati in the Fall of '89, and dealers had the regular '86 Fleer Jordan RC on their tables at the whopping cost of $10. I decided to pick one up, and the dealer said, "I'll throw in the complete set and the stickers if you want them for an extra 5 bucks." I thought about it for a few minutes and finally agreed to give him $15 bucks - for an entire 1986 Fleer set, including the Jordan RC and all the stickers!

As an aside, at that same show there was also some kid and his dad sitting at a table (with no one in line) near the exit. If you bought a 24x36 poster for $10.00, they would both sign it for free. I was nearly out the door and thought, "eh, what the heck." So I turned around and went back and bought a poster, and had it signed by the 2 bored gentlemen.

So to recap that 20 minutes or so as I was leaving the show, I got a Jordan RC, an 86 Fleer Basketball complete set with the stickers, and a dual signed "Griffey - The Next Generation" poster...all for $25 bucks.

And on the way home I was wondering to myself if I had made the right choices blowing that much extra cash on those impulse "borderline" items. Lol

Considering that I also traded an extremely scorching hot '86 Donruss Jose Canseco to a dealer for a beautiful '57 Topps Roberto Clemente...turns out that may have been one of the best days of my collecting life!

(But I digress, lol...Sorry to stray so far off topic. Nice Jordan sticker...congrats!)
Old 02-22-2021, 08:03 AM
H Murphy

Hey Kev, thanks for chiming in Sir. Awesome collecting story and one you`ll never forget. Yes those were the days. Every once in a while think back to my high school days. Late 70`s and we as the varsity baseball team had to "work" the annual collector`s show put on by our coach to raise athletic funds. Must have been 100+ tables, the gym was full, with everything imaginable from cards to memorabilia. Still remember what I think was a full game worn Wilt Chamberlain warmup with a starting bid of around 400 dollars. As we say, "if we only knew then"....... Thanks for your input, much appreciated.