NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 03-25-2018, 09:14 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default Yankees Ticket Dating Guide BOTCHED

Man, anyone use this, I'm assuming yes:

http://keymancollectibles.com/newyor...meschedule.htm

It's so botched.

Example of a Ticket anyone use the guide will think its a 1936, as did this seller:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/AMERICAN-LE...19.m1438.l2649

...but its a 1937, thats when the Yankees played the Indians in Game 14.

There are other examples of PSA botching Tickets due to this guide. I can list if anyone would like to see. Thus many Yankees ticket graded by PSA are just completely wrong. You may have one in your possession.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:25 AM
Al

Paul,
Is there a better guide to use in dating these tickets? I have a bunch of them and I do remember a board member a few years ago had said he was able to tell what dates these tickets were from. I dont see him post much anymore...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 03-26-2018, 07:39 AM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

I don't think there is another guide out there. Wish the guys who made this one would correct it, but the problem is PSA has slabbed so many incorrectly I don't think they are admitting to it being botched anytime soon.

Example:

https://goldinauctions.com/1923_New_...-LOT23876.aspx

Says 1923 on it........problem is its a 1924

This example was initially wrong and they have since corrected that (on years 1923 to 1928), but that was corrected before their guide came out and once it came out they have yet to fix any inconsistencies on years after that so hard to trust the 1930's.

Again so many have been graded its just a mess, it would be nice if they or someone more knowledgeable then me came out with a corrected guide.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 03-26-2018 at 07:40 AM.
Old 03-26-2018, 07:55 AM
Al

Thanks Paul.. That is why I have just held on to these ... Thanks for the info...

Trying is the first step towards failing, and failing is the first step towards success!

Life's lessons cost money Some lessons cost a lot..
Old 03-26-2018, 09:37 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default Guide is accepted as being accurate By PSA and now SGC

Keyman Guide is accepted as being accurate By PSA and now SGC

the only two recognized ticket authentication companies
SMR Guide even The Baseball Hall of Fame
SGC who have over a hundred errors on tickets. have seen the light and now except it as the norm and there are now many SGC tickets slabbed based on Keyman , has PSA been 100% accurate 100% of the time, obviously I cannot say that
PSA and Now SGC provide Consistency and acknowledged accuracy is what people pay for
including all the big auction houses
but I do appreciate your time finding this anomaly. which you say is wrong based on some one hand writing teams ?? , and will all know how accurate that is'
and before you list the other errors you found
I could list 1000's of PSA and SGC 100% correct labels .
the Keyman guide was set up to provide the only posted internet and bonafide verifiable information on undated Yankees tickets , which is become invaluable to the Yankee ticket collector and used extensively . I have received 100's of compliments commending the painstaking Research required to put his date together for any one to see . I am proud of what I have done for the Ticket hobby
and overall its been a wonderful and gratifying experience , and worth the time and effort , and if you guys still want to try and blow it up over a some errors you found [B] then Let the bashing begin , I know its coming.

Last edited by megalimey; 03-26-2018 at 09:47 AM. Reason: edited
Old 03-26-2018, 09:54 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

I do not see it as bashing. Yet anyway.

And certainly no one should bash you for the great amount of work that went into the guide and your generosity in sharing that wealth of knowledge with the larger collecting community. You should be thanked for that, and very much so.

If, however, new information comes to light that shows errors or updates are needed, then this is equally important. A guide can no longer be considered a true guide if it shown to contain errors or has become outdated due to additional research.

This is especially important if many tickets have been incorrectly slabbed by the alphabet soups based on outdated information which has now shown to be inaccurate. It is that much more important to let the hobby know so that they can be informed when purchasing a slabbed ticket as to whether or not the slabbing company used outdated information and their flip may be incorrect. Unfortunately that genie left the bottle a long time ago and the slabs are pretty much forever. So if they are incorrect people need to know what to look for in an inaccurate flip.

I don't know much about ticket collecting, so all of my above statements are just based on collecting in general. If I am off base in what I have read in this thread then please forgive me.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:21 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
There are other examples of PSA botching Tickets due to this guide. I can list if anyone would like to see. Thus many Yankees ticket graded by PSA are just completely wrong. You may have one in your possession.
Rather than just listing examples that you feel are wrong, could you also post the information that leads you to that conclusion? If you don't want to "write a guide," you can certainly limit the analysis to the examples you have pointed out. I just think that the casual collector would benefit more from hearing the "here's why" than from deciding which feuding individual to have more faith in. As fun as these feuds are to watch, I enjoy learning about an unexplored (for me) corner of the hobby much more.
Old 03-31-2018, 03:43 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default has no guide because he no clue

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
Rather than just listing examples that you feel are wrong, could you also post the information that leads you to that conclusion? If you don't want to "write a guide," you can certainly limit the analysis to the examples you have pointed out. I just think that the casual collector would benefit more from hearing the "here's why" than from deciding which feuding individual to have more faith in. As fun as these feuds are to watch, I enjoy learning about an unexplored (for me) corner of the hobby much more.
has no guide because he is just cannot provide and will constantly avoid the subject
I have asked the same questions dozens of times, nothing yet
but he refuses to look under his bed for the answers , less he disturbs his stinky bed pan , resting next to his false teeth, "toothless sMOE" as he his called at the old folks home Joe sMOE has no answers
yes the Keyman Guide has had some corrections in the past ,but it is accurate now , it helps significantly helps the collector more than it hurts , Recognized By PSA SGC SMR and soon to be the Hall Of Fame
Joe sMoe is recognized by his team mates at weekly old peoples shuffle board Tourney

Joe sMoe provides nothing with out showing his dating guide 1928-1968
he even hedges bet by saying keyman has some write some wrong way to go out on a limb, try to help the novice collector , as to why the Yankees added unique identifier each year , the letters are not random , plus there are many other unique details , that help clarify the year

Last edited by megalimey; 03-31-2018 at 04:07 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:02 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default ANY one has a wrongly slabbed PSA Yankee ticket I will pay to get it fixed

i am going on the record in writing for all members to see
ANY one has a wrongly slabbed PSA Yankee ticket I will pay to get it fixed including those pre Keyman no holograms
and this is what I will do on the one with Hologram
PSA has the wrong date on label it was the Goldin 2016 auction ticket if you know who owns it have them contact me all I will need is current photo Proof they own it now , and a copy of the Goldin 2016 Auction invoice proof of payment . On this one I will go one step further I will 100% reimburse you what you paid which I will remit to the owner when sent to me for correction .
this transaction will be done openly for all to see full transparency

we created the Yankee Ticket guide so that the novice and avid collector had some reference point
and it is the most accurate GUIDE to Yankees tickets out there
still waiting for Joe sMOE's to get published , but don't hold your breath
I hate to see that many people die doing it
Old 03-31-2018, 04:04 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
has no guide because he is just cannot provide and will constantly avoid the subject
I have asked the same questions dozens of times, nothing yet
but he refuses to look under his bed for the answers , less he disturbs his stinky bed pan , resting next to his false teeth, "toothless sMOE" as he his called at the old folks home Joe sMOE has no answers
yes the Keyman Guide has had some corrections in the past ,but it is accurate now , it helps significantly more than it hurts , Recognized By PSA SGC SMR and soon to be the Hall Of Fame
Joe sMoe is recognized by his team mates at weekly old peoples shuffle board Tourney

Joe sMoe provides nothing with out showing his dating guide 1928-1968
he even hedges bet by saying keyman has some write some wrong way to go out on a limb, try to help the novice collector , as to why the Yankees added unique identifier each year , the letters are not random , plus there are many other unique details , that help clarify the year
David, you have stated all of this previously. My request was directed to Paul, and was not a commentary on the Keyman guide or what may or may not be right or wrong in it. He may choose to respond or ignore of his own accord, but please do not quote me in yet another tirade of name-calling.

I am not particularly interested in which individuals or organizations back which side of this feud, and am certainly not interested in the name-calling and motive speculation. Frankly, I think you have both been asses in your responses to each other, regardless of who provoked what response. Without knowing anything about ticket dating myself, I suspect both sides may have some errors in their assumptions, but it seems neither can get out of their own way enough to root out the mistakes.
Old 03-31-2018, 04:19 PM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default my apologies ,

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecatspajamas View Post
David, you have stated all of this previously. My request was directed to Paul, and was not a commentary on the Keyman guide or what may or may not be right or wrong in it. He may choose to respond or ignore of his own accord, but please do not quote me in yet another tirade of name-calling.

I am not particularly interested in which individuals or organizations back which side of this feud, and am certainly not interested in the name-calling and motive speculation. Frankly, I think you have both been asses in your responses to each other, regardless of who provoked what response. Without knowing anything about ticket dating myself, I suspect both sides may have some errors in their assumptions, but it seems neither can get out of their own way enough to root out the mistakes.
my apologies

your question was well versed , I should not have used it as Avenue for rebuke for other patry

Last edited by megalimey; 03-31-2018 at 04:19 PM.
Old 03-31-2018, 05:22 PM
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Originally Posted by megalimey View Post
my apologies

your question was well versed , I should not have used it as Avenue for rebuke for other patry
What the hell is a patry?