NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-26-2023, 11:03 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Foul, completely off topic.
Of course, the irony is that Trent is the one who derailed a perfectly good thread, by starting to whine. And another thing. Making comparisons, or placing things in a larger context, is not off topic. Only to you.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-26-2023 at 11:09 PM.
Old 10-26-2023, 11:46 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Of course, the irony is that Trent is the one who derailed a perfectly good thread, by starting to whine. And another thing. Making comparisons, or placing things in a larger context, is not off topic. Only to you.
Off topic = any post by a person he doesn't like or expresses a different view from what he thinks is acceptable. I mean, any post by a fly that needs shooing away. If that means he needs to cuss out anyone who thinks the statistics suggest Kaline was Clemente's equal, attack folks for being against lynching people, or hijacking threads in an exercise of stunning hypocrisy, then by God he must do it, for it's the right thing to do anyways. None of us can post about the actual subject and issues very literally and directly in the original post, but he can veer off into anything because he's defending the watercooler from these dangerous flies. The hero we need, but don't deserve.
Old 10-27-2023, 03:26 PM

Default ARod

Peter and 1911- nope, wrong (again). The original thread was about Arod,
you 2 geniuses absolutely refuse to stay on topic, I pointed it out. 1911s
insane diversions and Peter's butthurt definitions aside ("whining"
is observing, got it Peter- makes perfect sense), you 2 clones deserve each
other. Suggestion- start a thread called "Short Attention Span Theater" and
STAY THERE. One of you can start a topic about potato chips and in 3 posts
you'll be discussing the best variety of lawn seed. It'll be riveting, I'm sure.
Tell your friends, tell your enemies- must see internet muscles all day, as
you both have to prove the wealth of knowledge you believe you possess.

Actual topic got derailed by you, it was a fun topic for ARod bashers.
Thank you for that, well done as usual... Go back to whatever it was you
mentioned next- the best expectorants on the market, was it? Thanos
finger snap...

Trent King
Old 10-27-2023, 05:27 PM
Peter Spaeth

Have you ever noticed that every time you bitch about posts going off topic, you are the ONLY one? And then it becomes a self fulfilling prophecy because the thread shifts away from the subject to your own bitching. Why don't you give the forum police thing a rest, eh?

But here, let me get back to Alex Rodriguez, OK?

Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez. Alex Rodriguez.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.

Last edited by Peter_Spaeth; 10-27-2023 at 05:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:30 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Speaking of J Lo, is it just me of does her and Ben Afflack seem like an odd matchup?

And they are on their 2nd go round.

I'd lay the house on they will both have others for partners within about a year or 2, but they just seem like an odd couple.

I liked her better with Arod (the Prick) - getting back on topic.

Now there is a Poll:

J Lo or Jennifer Garner ?

Can't go wrong with either, nice job Afflack.

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 10-27-2023 at 06:31 PM.
Old 10-27-2023, 06:33 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
The Yankees retired Andy Pettitte's number in 2015; years after it became public knowledge that Pettitte was a steroid user and got dragged into the legal problems of that time over it.

The Yankees determined that steroid use is not a disqualifier for number retirement, nor is bad publicity in regards to it.

So... why wouldn't A-Rod's be retired, if the Yankees will retire the numbers of Steroid users? He was a far better player than Pettitte.

Seems like common sense that he would, thus, both qualify and merit number retirement.
This is the innocuous post that made this board go crazy and our regular nutball spaz out. It is not even off topic at all, they just do not like it not participating in an approved circlejerk. It is about A-Rod. It is about the issues raised in the OP. It is 100% on topic, it's just not circlejerking his viewpoint. That is not what off-topic means lol

This is somehow still less stupid than half this guys previous public meltdowns, such as his anger at reading a post against literally lynching people one doesn't like. That one he probably won't ever be able to beat. The bar is just too high now.
Old 10-27-2023, 07:34 PM
Peter Spaeth

He went nuts on me earlier for suggesting it was hard to evaluate ARod's numbers in context because we don't really know who was clean and not in the steroid era. OMG.

Old 10-27-2023, 07:59 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
He went nuts on me earlier for suggesting it was hard to evaluate ARod's numbers in context because we don't really know who was clean and not in the steroid era. OMG.
At least we aren’t that poor guy who just said he thought Al Kaline and Roberto Clemente were both great but he thought Kaline edged it and this nutter accused of being a cocaine addict for saying that. He is a hilarious combination of sheer stupidity and over the top insane anger. Can’t wait for the next time he goes apeshit and off topic over an innocuous statement he’s too mental to even read and understand. This moron started his vendetta with me over a tiny joke in a PWCC thread about PWCC’s fraud that sent him ballistic. At least get triggered over one of the 50 controversial things I’ve said here instead.
Old 10-28-2023, 07:51 AM

Default ARod

Peter and 1911-

Boy, reality is just so uncooperative sometimes-

1) You 2 were in a lather at 1 in the morning (!!), the night before last over
my remarks. But I'm the "nut"- sounds like a comment right out of your
playbooks. Maybe I'm the one inside your heads? Nah, you're both too
esteemed for that, I'm just sure...

2) 1911- you need real psychological help. I'd recommend taking an extra
inhaler and wearing your nicest jorts for the sessions.

3) Life's really good, thanks for being so concerned. Cool start to the Series,
college football today, been acquiring cards and really enjoying the hobby.

4) Arod is still a turd. There's really nothing else to say- "It's only you and
me, and we just disagree". You are a waste of space.

Trent King
Old 10-28-2023, 01:14 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClementeFanOh View Post
Peter and 1911-

Boy, reality is just so uncooperative sometimes-

1) You 2 were in a lather at 1 in the morning (!!), the night before last over
my remarks. But I'm the "nut"- sounds like a comment right out of your
playbooks. Maybe I'm the one inside your heads? Nah, you're both too
esteemed for that, I'm just sure...

2) 1911- you need real psychological help. I'd recommend taking an extra
inhaler and wearing your nicest jorts for the sessions.

3) Life's really good, thanks for being so concerned. Cool start to the Series,
college football today, been acquiring cards and really enjoying the hobby.

4) Arod is still a turd. There's really nothing else to say- "It's only you and
me, and we just disagree". You are a waste of space.

Trent King
I was ripping your bizarre and occasionally violent rants as late as at 10:46pm, not 1am.

And... OFF TOPIC YET AGAIN!
Old 10-28-2023, 01:45 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Speaking of J Lo, is it just me of does her and Ben Afflack seem like an odd matchup?

And they are on their 2nd go round.

I'd lay the house on they will both have others for partners within about a year or 2, but they just seem like an odd couple.

I liked her better with Arod (the Prick) - getting back on topic.

Now there is a Poll:

J Lo or Jennifer Garner ?

Can't go wrong with either, nice job Afflack.
Garner for sure.

Old 10-28-2023, 02:26 PM
J@mes In.gram

Quote:
Garner for sure.
+1000 on that.

Successful net54 purchases from/trades with:
Tere1071, Bocabirdman, 8thEastVB, GoldenAge50s, IronHorse2130, Kris19, G1911, dacubfan, sflayank, Smanzari, bocca001, eliminator, ejstel, lampertb, rjackson44, Jason19th, Cmvorce, CobbSpikedMe, Harliduck, donmuth, HercDriver, Huck, theshleps

Completed 1962 Topps
Completed 1969 Topps deckle edge
Completed 1953 Bowman color & b/w
*** Raw cards only, daddyo! ***