NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-21-2017, 03:35 PM
J0hn Collin$

Default Cases. Holders? Cases...

In the realm of ungraded cards, can anyone recommend a card case or holder that is neither a screw-down, top-loader, or Card Saver I for the larger 1952-56 Topps cards that actually looks decent?

As a kid, I loved screw-downs for some of my nicer cards - but of course now we know why not to use those. I don't know, I have a '56 Mantle in about VG that's not really worthy of professional grading - and I'm just looking to put it in something a little beefier than the Card Saver I it's been living in for the past few years since I finally liberated it from an old screw-down.

Suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-25-2017 at 07:13 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 04:25 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Better than a toploader, you're probably looking at a Snap-Tite or a One Touch magnetic. I'm sure they make both for 52-56 sizes.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 01-21-2017, 05:44 PM
Ben North

Does BCCG grade them? I know the uninformed hate BCCG but I believe that was the reason Beckett done it. It is more for collectors wanting to protect their cards instead of putting them in a magic plastic holder to make them more valuable.
Old 01-21-2017, 07:52 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Better than a toploader, you're probably looking at a Snap-Tite or a One Touch magnetic. I'm sure they make both for 52-56 sizes.
From looking myself, neither of those 2 will work for the larger 52 Topps cards as far as I know.

I was very close to purchasing these (Pro-Molds) but since I was having trouble obtaining them in Canada, I decided just use vintage top loaders with vintage sleeves.

These would have been preferred for sure. They were exactly what I was looking for but I looked to no avail.
https://www.pro-mold.com/vintagecardcases.html

Last edited by irv; 01-22-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old 01-21-2017, 08:40 PM
Dave.Horn.ish

UVA protection is a nice feature. Don't believe PSA and SG have that.
Old 01-22-2017, 07:09 AM
Sc0tt Sp@id

Just bought a Pro Mold holder for my lone Old Judge card. You're right, a Card Saver is so wimpy for such a nice card that I don't want to get graded. I'll let you know what I think when I get it.
Scott
Old 01-22-2017, 08:48 AM
Bruce Mattioli

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchcollins View Post
As a kid, I loved screw-downs for some of my nicer cards - but of course now we know why not to use those.
Why should these not be used again? I would love to know since I have quite a few of them..

Thank you..
Old 01-22-2017, 09:09 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruceM View Post
Why should these not be used again? I would love to know since I have quite a few of them..

Thank you..
They ruin cards. Cards love to stick to them so when you go to remove the card from the holder not all the card comes out. If you have the flat ones without the recessed area for the card they will press the card and distort it in size also.
Old 01-22-2017, 11:18 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:

Thank you..
What Ben said below your post, but if you didn't screw down the cards tightly and laid the cubes on their side instead of their backs (To keep the weight off the card) you may get lucky?

I panicked when I read about those cubes on here as my Mick and Mays were both kept in those cubes for over 25+ years!

Luckily, I only screwed them down just enough to hold the card and laid them on their side as when I removed my cards, I had no issues, thankfully!

P.S. Forgot to add. If you do find your cards are stuck, do not force them off. Place them in the freezer first before attempting removal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1579 (Large).jpg (71.4 KB, 380 views)

Last edited by irv; 01-22-2017 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-22-2017, 12:12 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Yeah, the main problems with old screwdowns are from moisture getting into the card and then having no way to get out, essentially steaming the card and causing the ink to stick to the case.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:44 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
+1

Not really a fan of the snap-tites just because I don't like the way they look, but live and die by ultrapro one-touch. However, Irv is right, they don't fit the odd size. Have to go with pro-mold for any odd sizes as they make them for almost every issue.

Happy to see ultrapro did come out with a tobacco size one-touch though.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:49 PM
Dustin Bellinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
From looking myself, neither of those 2 will work for the larger 52 Topps cards as far as I know.

I was very close to purchasing these (Pro-Molds) but since I was having trouble obtaining them in Canada, I decided just use vintage top loaders with vintage sleeves.

These would have been preferred for sure. They were exactly what I was looking for but I looked to no avail.
Wish they offered a size for 33-34 Goudey.

Collecting Hall of Famers and players with Nebraska connections.
Old 01-22-2017, 01:55 PM
Bruce Mattioli

Oh shit.. I'm freeing them now.. Thanks!!
Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 PM
Bruce Mattioli

Default Freeing Some.. Got Lucky..

These have been laying flat for quite sometime but got lucky.. I'll do more later after the games and ordered some Pro Mold holders to store them. I can not believe they could cause that much damage..Thanks again!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170122_161818.jpg (84.5 KB, 249 views)
File Type: jpg 20170122_163120.jpg (83.0 KB, 237 views)
Old 01-22-2017, 03:05 PM
+0m J()rd@N

I just liberated around two dozen cards from various types of screwdown and snap-tite holders. The cards varied from early 50's (55' Koufax) to early 80's (84T Mattingly) and had been stored on end for maybe 25 years.

Fortunately, the only card I had any problem with was a 1983 Wade Boggs RC that stuck a bit to the top plate on a screwdown. I used a razor blade to pry it off, but lost a tiny bit of paper in the process. Ended up putting them all in toploaders.

Didn't think of the freezer trick at the time, but we did use to do that back in the early '80s to get the gum to not stick to the cards. Wax boxes of baseball cards in the freezer.
1952 Topps - low numbers (-1)
1954 Bowman (-5)
1964 Topps Giants auto'd (-2)

Last edited by Bigdaddy; 01-22-2017 at 03:07 PM. Reason: additional comment
Old 01-22-2017, 04:16 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
These have been laying flat for quite sometime but got lucky.. I'll do more later after the games and ordered some Pro Mold holders to store them. I can not believe they could cause that much damage..Thanks again!!
Nice cards, Bruce!

Glad to see you had no issues.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:41 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Sharp looking cards; glad they don't have any damage.
Old 01-22-2017, 06:00 PM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

I have stored the bulk of my collection in screwdowns for 20 years. I have taken them in and out and displayed in every way imaginable. I have screwed and unscrewed thousands and have not had one single issue with them sticking or damaging a card.
Old 01-23-2017, 05:17 AM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by campyfan39 View Post
I have stored the bulk of my collection in screwdowns for 20 years. I have taken them in and out and displayed in every way imaginable. I have screwed and unscrewed thousands and have not had one single issue with them sticking or damaging a card.
I agree. I use all types of cases as I like my cards displayed like Campyfan. I think as long as you use some common sense there isn't any issue i.e. Climate and humidity control room, don't screw too tight. You could also put the card in a penny sleeve before the screw down. That would eliminate the potential sticking issue.

Drew
Old 01-23-2017, 09:13 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I think the issue is that the world has moved on to better things and screw-downs are a remnant of the past better left there. I would not buy a card in a screw-down and the many I had from the past have been tossed.

It's like being on the bomb squad, you can have many passable days but the risk is always there. Why take a risk when it is cheaply avoided?

The sticking is just one issue these cause, the paper/size altering is just as bad as the card is ungradable.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-23-2017 at 09:15 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 09:02 AM
Chris
Ch.ris Pa.rtin

To each his own I guess. For me the screw downs display beautifully the card in its pure and natural state. I have freed hundreds from their psa prisons. Graded cards take so much of the beauty away as the first thing you look at/for is a number someone hurriedly and subjectively assigned.

Last edited by campyfan39; 01-24-2017 at 09:03 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I am not a fan of graded cases myself, especially PSA. They just look ugly.

I don't free cards I buy, but I also don't submit my ungraded. I used to like the screw-downs, but they just look clunky and ugly next to the Ultrapro magnetic one-touches I have moved to. I would buy a few 35pts on eBay and check them out. They have a good heft and look great on display. They also give a ton more protection than a graded case as they have UV protection from color fade.

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_list.php?cPath=90_92

Last edited by JustinD; 01-24-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 01-24-2017, 12:42 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
I am not a fan of graded cases myself, especially PSA. They just look ugly.

I don't free cards I buy, but I also don't submit my ungraded. I used to like the screw-downs, but they just look clunky and ugly next to the Ultrapro magnetic one-touches I have moved to. I would buy a few 35pts on eBay and check them out. They have a good heft and look great on display. They also give a ton more protection than a graded case as they have UV protection from color fade.

http://www.ultrapro.com/product_list.php?cPath=90_92
I understand your point but one of the problems with going to the one touch is that when you collect Bowman (both sizes) Leaf, and Topps both pre and post 57 there isn't any constant product to display them in except top loaders or card savers and they are both ugly to display.

I use non recessed 4 screw downs. I cut black archival paper to fit the inside of the case then cut an opening that holds the card. Like SGC graded cards. That way the cards are protected, not crushed and all of the cases are uniform on the outside dimensions to line up in the wall cases I've built to house them.

May not be for everyone but I'm very happy with the results.

Drew
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0134.jpg (78.6 KB, 216 views)
Old 01-24-2017, 12:50 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

I use the Pro-mold cases for the odd sizes. They do produce cases for all those issues.

https://www.pro-mold.com/onescrewscrewdowns.html

Old 01-24-2017, 02:44 PM
Drew Ekb@ck

Quote:
I use the Pro-mold cases for the odd sizes. They do produce cases for all those issues.

https://www.pro-mold.com/onescrewscrewdowns.html
I stand corrected. Thanks for the link.
Drew
Old 01-25-2017, 07:16 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
Does BCCG grade them? I know the uninformed hate BCCG but I believe that was the reason Beckett done it. It is more for collectors wanting to protect their cards instead of putting them in a magic plastic holder to make them more valuable.

I hate BCCG and I am not uninformed, trust me. The problem is they try to fool the uninformed by assigning grades like "8" to a card that is only EX in attempts to get someone to think it's the equivalent of what "8" means in the rest of the grading world. I just think it's very shady. I certainly would not send in a card to be slabbed just for their case.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-25-2017 at 07:17 AM.
Old 01-25-2017, 07:21 AM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Originally Posted by almostdone View Post
I agree. I use all types of cases as I like my cards displayed like Campyfan. I think as long as you use some common sense there isn't any issue i.e. Climate and humidity control room, don't screw too tight. You could also put the card in a penny sleeve before the screw down. That would eliminate the potential sticking issue.

Drew

Agree with you guys. The only reason I took my cards out of the screw-downs was because of the direction the hobby went in with not using them anymore. I too used them for years, from the 1980's until probably about 5 years ago - and never had the first problem. I think the only real hazard is moisture - and my cards have never been kept in the basement or anything like that.

Old 01-25-2017, 07:30 AM
J0hn Collin$

Thanks all for the responses here. I just pulled the trigger on a 5-pack of one screw Pro Mold's for the 1952-56 Topps size. They should be here next week at the latest. Will let you know what I think. I like the idea of the UV protection - not that I display my cards much anymore, but I have seen some nice cards ruined before after years of sitting in display cases under bright fluorescent lights. Ugh.

Old 01-25-2017, 10:14 PM
Sc0tt Sp@id

Got my Pro-mold case for my Old Judge. I love it. Has good heft and makes the card feel like a museum piece. Sorry the photo is out of focus.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0318.jpg (75.7 KB, 183 views)
Old 01-26-2017, 03:49 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Thanks all for the responses here. I just pulled the trigger on a 5-pack of one screw Pro Mold's for the 1952-56 Topps size. They should be here next week at the latest. Will let you know what I think. I like the idea of the UV protection - not that I display my cards much anymore, but I have seen some nice cards ruined before after years of sitting in display cases under bright fluorescent lights. Ugh.

Looking forward to seeing some pics of your 52's in those holders, John, if you don't mind posting them up?
Old 01-26-2017, 05:48 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Originally Posted by spaidly View Post
Got my Pro-mold case for my Old Judge. I love it. Has good heft and makes the card feel like a museum piece. Sorry the photo is out of focus.
Is that Pro-mold recessed? I can't quite tell.
Old 01-27-2017, 04:59 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagebaseballcardguy View Post
I believe they are all recessed?
Old 01-27-2017, 05:46 AM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
I believe they are all recessed?
Haven't used them before, but you are probably right.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Old 01-28-2017, 01:23 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Just took a look at the thread again.

Yes, all the promold one screws are recessed with open corners to avoid dings. The ultrapros are also.

Old 01-28-2017, 06:56 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Haven't used them before, but you are probably right.

Like Justin stated. If you watch the link run through, you'll see that it shows a variety of cards in different cases/holders, but they are all recessed.
Old 01-28-2017, 08:53 PM
Sc0tt Sp@id

Quote:
It is recessed.
Old 01-29-2017, 03:06 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Alright, I have reread this thread a couple of times and looked at the pro-mold site. Is there an advantage between the magnetic and the one screw holder? Also, if I were buying pro-molds for '65 Topps baseball, which thickness do I pick for the one screw holders? Would that be a 20 point thickness?

Edited to add: I found the answer to my question. The 20 point is considered a "regular" card. So, back to my original question: one screw or magnetic?

Last edited by vintagebaseballcardguy; 01-29-2017 at 03:41 PM.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:01 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Quote:
So, back to my original question: one screw or magnetic?
Well, kind of up to you. Magnetics are easier for getting cards in and out of, because you don't need a Phillips head handy. But that means if you drop it, it will probably pop out.
Old 01-29-2017, 04:16 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Quote:
Well, kind of up to you. Magnetics are easier for getting cards in and out of, because you don't need a Phillips head handy. But that means if you drop it, it will probably pop out.
I hadn't thought of that....would probably opt for the one screw.

Old 01-29-2017, 04:44 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
That, and I also read, but don't know if it's true, the magnets, over time, will produce some type of dirt/sediment, and of course nobody wants that on their cards.
Old 01-30-2017, 12:54 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
Looking forward to seeing some pics of your 52's in those holders, John, if you don't mind posting them up?

I don't have 52's to put in them at the moment, but do have some 55's and 56's. Mine just came in today, and I've already put the '55 Jackie Robinson that led me to start this thread in one. Very pleased. They are basically like a graded card case with the recessed area, and the diamond-tip cutouts for the corners, but then close with a screw obviously instead of a hermetic seal.

I will post some pics tonight once I get a few more cards in the other ones I bought, but yes - for $2 or so a pop this will be my new go-to case for ungraded going forward.

Thanks again all for the advice!

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-30-2017 at 12:55 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 01:47 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
That, and I also read, but don't know if it's true, the magnets, over time, will produce some type of dirt/sediment, and of course nobody wants that on their cards.
Never heard of that and I have been using them for years. The magnets are coated with some metal as to not wear.

Now they are not airtight, nor are the pro-molds so if improperly stored they could possibly get a particulate in there in theory. I put mine in graded card bags for storage and to prevent scratches so it's not an issue. I think most of the complaints I have seen were user error, as many modern card collectors put cards in the wrong size holders causing damage (the extra thick cards). As long as the correct case is used, I have not seen any believable horror stories.

I do use both kinds, so please try what you are comfortable with. I just always use the ultras when I can for aesthetic reasons. They just look better.

As to dropping, I guess that could be an issue if you have hardwood floors. I don't have any experience dropping one from a distance but I know I have slid a few off my desk in my office moving some paperwork and they did not open falling to an area rug on the hardwood.

Please do as you enjoy for your collections.

Last edited by JustinD; 01-30-2017 at 01:51 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:44 PM
J0hn Collin$

Anyone ever really test the "UV blocking" capabilities with Pro-Mold? That's got me intrigued. Says "5+ years" of blocking 99% of UV rays. I don't display my cards much, but the way I am I get paranoid even about the fluorescent lights in my closest where my cards live. And those stay off 90% of the time!

Old 01-30-2017, 03:57 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Anyone ever really test the "UV blocking" capabilities with Pro-Mold? That's got me intrigued. Says "5+ years" of blocking 99% of UV rays. I don't display my cards much, but the way I am I get paranoid even about the fluorescent lights in my closest where my cards live. And those stay off 90% of the time!

Actually fluorescent puts out massive UV, enough to get a tan based on studies. LED is the best for protecting color. Almost all museums have switched to LED lighting.

I have not seen any color loss, but I display in a basement with LED strip lighting that is only on if I am looking at them. However the UV protection provided by PRO-Mold and Ultrapro is better than nothing, and that is what all the TPGs have.

Old 01-30-2017, 04:37 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
I don't have 52's to put in them at the moment, but do have some 55's and 56's. Mine just came in today, and I've already put the '55 Jackie Robinson that led me to start this thread in one. Very pleased. They are basically like a graded card case with the recessed area, and the diamond-tip cutouts for the corners, but then close with a screw obviously instead of a hermetic seal.

I will post some pics tonight once I get a few more cards in the other ones I bought, but yes - for $2 or so a pop this will be my new go-to case for ungraded going forward.

Thanks again all for the advice!

I wish they were sold in Canada but I exhausted all leads. I really wanted these for my 52's!

Looking forward to seeing your pics.

And, you're Welcome.

Quote:
Never heard of that and I have been using them for years. The magnets are coated with some metal as to not wear.

I put mine in graded card bags for storage and to prevent scratches so it's not an issue.

Please do as you enjoy for your collections.
When I was searching early last year, I read a bunch of reviews and I recall reading about 1 person (only 1) who stated that is what happened to his.
I don't recall reading about anyone contesting that claim, so I thought there might have been some truth to it?

Like I mentioned much earlier in this thread, I just went the route of new Vintage top loaders and sleeves as that was basically my only option.
I haven't gotten around to switching everything over yet, as, like you, I want to purchase team bags first to put them in to help with scratches and hazing.
Hopefully I can find/purchase Team Bags that will work/fit snug/securely with my Vintage Top Loaders?

Last edited by irv; 01-30-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:20 PM
J0hn Collin$

Ok, here are the first 4 in my oversized Pro Mold 1-screw's. Very pleased with the look, but have to admit upon closer examination - there is one thing that is bugging me. The cards (with the exception of the '55 Bowman...) all move around a bit in the case in the recessed area. The 56's move up and down pretty easily. The 55 Robinson will move if I try a bit harder. Is this a big deal? I've read other articles on graded cards that move in their cases from time to time, and the consensus there was it's not really an issue - and even people who tried have not been able to damage the cards when they move them. Someone even did a test putting a graded card in a paint can shaker like they have at Home Depot, and claimed that did not damage the card. Let me know what you think...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg FullSizeRender.jpg-1.jpg (21.8 KB, 147 views)

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-30-2017 at 06:21 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:56 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Ok, here are the first 4 in my oversized Pro Mold 1-screw's. Very pleased with the look, but have to admit upon closer examination - there is one thing that is bugging me. The cards (with the exception of the '55 Bowman...) all move around a bit in the case in the recessed area. The 56's move up and down pretty easily. The 55 Robinson will move if I try a bit harder. Is this a big deal? I've read other articles on graded cards that move in their cases from time to time, and the consensus there was it's not really an issue - and even people who tried have not been able to damage the cards when they move them. Someone even did a test putting a graded card in a paint can shaker like they have at Home Depot, and claimed that did not damage the card. Let me know what you think...
I'm not sure if envious is the proper word, John, but I sure wish I could get those!
They look great, imo.

Thanks for sharing.
Old 01-30-2017, 07:26 PM
J0hn Collin$

Quote:
I'm not sure if envious is the proper word, John, but I sure wish I could get those!
They look great, imo.

Thanks for sharing.
Thanks Irv. What do you think about the cards moving in the case? That bugs me. Not happy about it, but I'll go back to Card Savers if this is the case. I do occasionally like to take some cards with me places, and I don't want them bouncing around like bumper cars in their cases when I do that. Say what you will about the old non-recessed 4-screw downs, but cards didn't move in them.

Last edited by jchcollins; 01-30-2017 at 07:33 PM.
Old 01-30-2017, 10:39 PM
J0hn Collin$

Last update before I go to bed:

Got the cards out again about an hour after I had shelved them in disgust just to make sure I wasn't crazy. And I wasn't. These cases are ridiculous; the cards were moving around in them as if on greased skids. Upon closer examination, the two sides of the case even when the screw is driven as tight as it will go don't really seal on both sides. You can still wiggle the bottom piece! Shoddy.

Very disappointing, but my mid-grade, mid-fifties treasures from the earlier picture are now safe and sound back inside good ol' trustworthy Card Saver I's. I will see if there is anything I can do to return my order, but I doubt it since I opened all but one of the Pro-Mold's. Oh well, I'm out 10 bucks. Lesson learned...
Old 01-31-2017, 07:10 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Last update before I go to bed:

Got the cards out again about an hour after I had shelved them in disgust just to make sure I wasn't crazy. And I wasn't. These cases are ridiculous; the cards were moving around in them as if on greased skids. Upon closer examination, the two sides of the case even when the screw is driven as tight as it will go don't really seal on both sides. You can still wiggle the bottom piece! Shoddy.

Very disappointing, but my mid-grade, mid-fifties treasures from the earlier picture are now safe and sound back inside good ol' trustworthy Card Saver I's. I will see if there is anything I can do to return my order, but I doubt it since I opened all but one of the Pro-Mold's. Oh well, I'm out 10 bucks. Lesson learned...
That's disappointing to hear, John. I really thought they'd be ideal for our types of cards, but if they move around that much, then I don't blame you for being disappointed.

Just an afterthought, and one I probably wouldn't like anyways, but would putting them in sleeves help with the moving around?
I assume it would, but it would definitely take away the reason why one would purchase them for in the first place.