NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-07-2007, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Default O/T Ralph Lauren Car Collection TV Special

Posted By: MVSNYC

hello all...i think this might be my first O/T post ever. so here goes...

if you guys (and gals) have any interest in rare, expensive sportscars, watch tonight's special on the Discovery Channel 8pm (Sat. 10/6). it's an hour-long documentary highlighting Ralph's amazing car collection.

i work for RL, and have sat in many of his cars, they are incredible...ferraris, jags, porsches, bugattis, etc...

Enjoy!
MS

Old 10-07-2007, 01:43 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

Hey MS,

Are they going to show the models that were at his place in the swimsuits with his cars?

Old 10-07-2007, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Posted By: quan

michael,

you name-drop better than anybody on this board...and yes i'm jealous of your lifestyle and riches ! i like cool cars so i'll tivo it. Thanks for the heads-up.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:43 PM
Administrator

quan- i'm not rich by any means...it cost an arm and a leg to live and party in manhattan and maintain a rockstar lifestyle...so i have zero savings

Old 10-07-2007, 09:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

He's lucky to have $50,000 leftover each month.

Old 10-07-2007, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Al Simeone

I watched it . Very nicely done. The cars in his collection are just beautiful. Even though Jay Leno has such a great collection also, it must have made him a little envious to stand at Pebble beach and see that alfa take First place! Im in the city alot (son at Fordham) yes we have to tone down the life style just a little !!

Old 10-08-2007, 10:54 AM
Administrator

i just watched the special (of course i was out partying at the rodeo bar last night, so i had to tape it )...

it was really well done, i was at that museum exhibit, it really felt like you were looking at sculptures...

i was glad to see paul russell (who owns the restoration shop) get significant screen time, i met him at his shop, he was a complete gentleman and puts so much time and energy into restoring these cars...these men are just as passionate with their hobby as we are of ours.

again, i highly recommend watching the show, if you are into cars (or even just cool design)...