NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 03-18-2024, 06:36 PM
Michael

Default Mays opinion please

thanks in advance for your opinion
s-l1600.jpg
Old 03-18-2024, 06:50 PM
Terry Lake

Default Mays

Mays is always a hard one for me because it is relatively easy to reproduce. That being said, I would have no reservations about owning this. It's not the prettiest sharpie sign I have seen but I believe its good.
Old 03-19-2024, 05:23 AM
Matt

Good, IMO. Looks just like my signed '59 Topps.
Old 03-19-2024, 10:43 AM
Michael

thanks guys, anyone else?
Old 03-19-2024, 11:05 AM
Ja.son Hugh.es

I think it’s good as well, but if it doesn’t get in a holder it’s worthless
Old 03-19-2024, 04:34 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
I think it’s good as well, but if it doesn’t get in a holder it’s worthless
Disagree. It's a good signature, definitely not worthless.
Old 03-21-2024, 03:48 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

The ONLY thing people care about with signed cards is if it gets in a PSA dual graded holder so we agree to disagree.
Old 03-22-2024, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
The ONLY thing people care about with signed cards is if it gets in a PSA dual graded holder so we agree to disagree.
We usually agree on things, but stray here.

As someone who regularly sells unslabbed, unauthenticated signed cards of every sort and value, I can assure you that what you say is not the case. Will less people be interested without the plastic tomb? Sure. Sometimes a slower sell? Yep. Still many interested buyers? Most assuredly. Will I still ultimately get my price? Of course. I wouldn't be able to exist if I didn't. Frankly, the only authenticated material of any type that I may have is just stuff that came to me in that state. I don't spend a dime on authentication. I offer a guarantee that anything will pass a "reputable" TPA, but only because today's industry dictates that I have to do that much. I'm more comfortable with my own assessments on anything I offer, but what can you do?

If I have to wait a little longer to make that sale, I can afford to. I also don't drop my price whenever somebody plays the "It's not in a PSA slab, so it's worth a fraction of your asking price" game. These people can assuredly get lost.

Last edited by BillyCoxDodgers3B; 03-22-2024 at 07:06 AM.
Old 03-22-2024, 07:25 AM

But, to give some obvious leeway to your side, if I had a very valuable signed card that would make most sense to consign to an auction house, I'm certainly not going to argue against them having it slabbed!
Old 03-23-2024, 08:32 AM

Default Mays

A-OK looks like one from the old card show days. Willie sure was a pleasant chap to meet in person
Old 03-23-2024, 08:30 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

My comments are not directed at Michael. He is going to be handsomely rewarded when it comes time to sell all those autographed cards you have in your collection, most of which were probably obtained before the craziness took over. It’s absolutely insane what people are paying for signed PSA dual slabbed cards right now, especially Willie. A guy who happens to lead the list of worst in person athletes I’ve ever met and that number is in the hundreds.
Old 03-23-2024, 09:50 PM
Michael

Yes the majority were before the craziness and they will be past on to my sons. Even when I was getting stuff slabbed I never did a dual slab. Was never interested and still am not in card or autograph grades. If I have done anything in the past few years it was JSA. The whole investor and flipping that goes on has made the hobby less fun, more expensive and in some cases less trust worthy. I'd like to go back to the days of dealers like Max and more recently Ron Gordon and others who now work for TPAs. All we have left is my buddy Jim Stinson, Rich Simon and a few others. The camaraderie between us old time collectors is great. When ever I get outbid making a fair offer and then see the winner double the price and put the item on ebay 3 weeks later it makes me contemplate getting out, as does all the forgeries etc. I feel the vast majority on this board are of great integrity and I am thankful for you all