NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 02-03-2019, 05:38 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Problem is I bought from him off of the Net54 board and not eBay. I know you hate eBay Chuck, but I just build a small percentage in to my buys for having to deal with idiots. There are a lot more built in protection than there used to be to recover your money. Most of his buyers don’t realize they’ve been had until the TPA says no which is sometimes too late.
Old 02-03-2019, 05:40 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

BTW,
Chuck I thought you might know him as he claimed to be a San Fran / Oakland area guy. I thought I remember you were from No Cal as well
Old 02-04-2019, 08:12 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duluth Eskimo View Post
Problem is I bought from him off of the Net54 board and not eBay. I know you hate eBay Chuck, but I just build a small percentage in to my buys for having to deal with idiots. There are a lot more built in protection than there used to be to recover your money. Most of his buyers don’t realize they’ve been had until the TPA says no which is sometimes too late.
Same here...He ripped me off on Net54 after a few others vouched for the authenticity of the Walter Payton signature...
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 02-04-2019, 10:30 AM
Adam Yastrzemski

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Same here...He ripped me off on Net54 after a few others vouched for the authenticity of the Walter Payton signature...
The Payton autos he has look good to me. That’s why I don’t offer my opinion on autographs. I don’t want my opinion to affect someone financially - either by buying or not buying an autograph. I am not qualified to do so.
In this market with so much authenticated stuff out there, you have to purchase it certified - at least anything over $100. When I opened my store, I took everything with an autograph to a tpa and had it certified. Then I got rid of the stuff that would not pass. Before I sell an item it is tpa authenticated. I don’t want the bad karma of selling fake stuff.
The main reason you would buy a piece raw is to save money - but that’s a big gamble. Sure, a certified Payton rc is big bucks if you can find one. His was probably much less and buyers have to question why - the same with those who buy 1952 mantles for $500 or less. This particular seller has a ton of certified stuff - then a few pieces (the biggest ones) not certified. The only reason I can think is that they won’t pass.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:32 PM
Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yastrzemski Sports View Post
The Payton autos he has look good to me. That’s why I don’t offer my opinion on autographs. I don’t want my opinion to affect someone financially - either by buying or not buying an autograph. I am not qualified to do so.
In this market with so much authenticated stuff out there, you have to purchase it certified - at least anything over $100. When I opened my store, I took everything with an autograph to a tpa and had it certified. Then I got rid of the stuff that would not pass. Before I sell an item it is tpa authenticated. I don’t want the bad karma of selling fake stuff.
The main reason you would buy a piece raw is to save money - but that’s a big gamble. Sure, a certified Payton rc is big bucks if you can find one. His was probably much less and buyers have to question why - the same with those who buy 1952 mantles for $500 or less. This particular seller has a ton of certified stuff - then a few pieces (the biggest ones) not certified. The only reason I can think is that they won’t pass.
I am thankful for the help from all here. After trying many years, I am just not good at authenticating. My personal buying "pain point" is $200. Maybe $600 is "chump change" for this buyer.

Last edited by Case12; 02-04-2019 at 12:53 PM.
Old 02-04-2019, 12:43 PM
Casey

My next big purchase above my "pain point" will be a Ty Cobb cut. You can bet I will be begging for input from this forum before I would buy. I don't care if it has a good TPA or not. :-)

Last edited by Case12; 02-04-2019 at 12:48 PM.
Old 11-29-2019, 05:22 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

Default More AVIT consulatants garbage

These guys are pretty good. They have made a lot of money selling forgeries with the major uptick in signed cards over the last few years. This is a pretty good Alzado that someone is going to get burned on. They have SO many more victims out there. All I hope to do with these comments is save one NET54 er from getting burnt. Happy Thanksgiving.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Broncos-LYL...m&LH_Auction=1
Old 06-02-2020, 09:31 PM
Ja.son Hugh.es

https://www.ebay.com/sch/us_caine/m....p2047675.l2562

More "Authentication" from CAS. You have been told many times this guy is a forger, yet it continues.
Old 02-04-2019, 11:41 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgmp123 View Post
Ouch, I did not realize... Points well taken. Sickening.

I'm from the So Cal SFV area.