NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 08-30-2015, 01:56 PM
Mike Navarro

Default Beautiful Honus Wagner signed check for sale, today only

I have for sale this beautiful Honus Wagner signed check. Price is $1400 (net to me) via paypal and is firm. If you've been in the market for a Wagner check, you know a lot of them have the signature obliterated by the cancellation, or have light ink. This one is a beauty.

Check is only available for sale today (August 30, 2015). If it sells, my daughter Maven and I will be attending the Notre Dame game later in the week (against Texas). If it doesn't sell, no big deal, we'll just watch it from the comfort of our home. BUT, if you want it, it's for sale today only as I would have to buy the football tickets tonight in order to have them shipped to me in time before we needed to leave for Indiana later in the week. Thus, a one day only sale.

Last edited by thenavarro; 08-30-2015 at 02:00 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 02:33 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Wow!!! That's a beauty Mike!!
Old 08-30-2015, 03:48 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Nice check, and only a $500 markup in one month!
Old 08-30-2015, 04:02 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by earlywynnfan View Post
Nice check, and only a $500 markup in one month!
Yep, it is a nice check. I thought about a $1,000 markup as this 1920 one below sold in Heritage for $1,912 and has the cancellation punchout all through the signature, but I settled for only a $500 increase.

I do appreciate your diligence in pointing out the markup though

http://sports.ha.com/itm/autographs/...pleItem-071515

Last edited by thenavarro; 08-30-2015 at 04:05 PM.
Old 08-30-2015, 05:48 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Tell you what, I know you said "firm" with the price, but if it gets late and nobody nibbles, I have $1000 ready and waiting.

Ken
Old 08-30-2015, 06:05 PM
Brendan Mullen

Earlywynnfan. Get a life. You sound like 2nd grade tattle tale. He can sell it for whatever he likes.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:23 PM

Is there a cert?
Old 08-30-2015, 06:25 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Tell you what, I know you said "firm" with the price, but if it gets late and nobody nibbles, I have $1000 ready and waiting.

Ken
For the record, this is a TRUE offer, no sarcasm or jerkiness intended.
Old 08-30-2015, 06:48 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Originally Posted by varcity26 View Post
Is there a cert?

No sir, but I'll offer you a full purchase price refund that if it were to fail either PSA/DNA or JSA if that's important to you, I'd refund your purchase price.

Mike
Old 08-30-2015, 06:49 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
For the record, this is a TRUE offer, no sarcasm or jerkiness intended.
Ken,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass. I did manage to sell a couple of Presidential graphs over the last few hours, so I went ahead and bought the football tickets for my little girl and I.

Price is still firm.

Thanks though,

Mike
Old 08-30-2015, 06:57 PM
Ke.n Su.lik

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
Ken,

I appreciate the offer, but I'm going to pass. I did manage to sell a couple of Presidential graphs over the last few hours, so I went ahead and bought the football tickets for my little girl and I.

Price is still firm.

Thanks though,

Mike
Enjoy the game!! My daughters would be bored out of their minds at a football game. You're lucky.
Old 08-30-2015, 07:13 PM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Enjoy the game!! My daughters would be bored out of their minds at a football game. You're lucky.
Thanks, I know the feeling, my son hates football and in reality, sports in general. I realized years ago that if I wanted to spend quality time with him, that I needed to adapt to the things he likes to do. Therefore, back in 2008, I began my local community theatre acting career and he and I have been in several performances together. Until I started law school in August 2013, we'd do two a year and I got to hang out with him for 4 nights a week for a couple months at a time doing what he loves to do. It really did wonders for making us close. He's been All State Choir here in Texas the last two years, and we are anticipating him getting a full ride to TCU for choir next year. I'm a proud dad. He and I will be in college at the same time as I'll be in my last semester of law school while he is in his first semester at TCU. Our schools are only a few miles apart as I go to Texas A&M School of Law and it's in Ft. Worth, not College Station like main campus.

My daughter on the other hand, is a polar opposite, she loves to go to the games with me of all kinds, Rangers, Mavericks, Notre Dame, etc. and she says she is going to follow in my footsteps and go to school at Notre Dame too.

You know it doesn't take a license to have kids, and they don't come with instructions, and mine have totally changed my priorities over the years and my "likes" and "dislikes". Good times.
Old 08-30-2015, 09:33 PM
Mike Navarro

Okay folks, I'm getting tired as I have a long week ahead of me, so headed to bed now.

As mentioned above, I no longer need to sell in order to go to the game so check is off the market for now as I don't have time to mess with it over the next week due to work/school and college footballing next weekend.

Happy collecting,

Mike
Old 08-31-2015, 02:41 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
Thanks, I know the feeling, my son hates football and in reality, sports in general. I realized years ago that if I wanted to spend quality time with him, that I needed to adapt to the things he likes to do. Therefore, back in 2008, I began my local community theatre acting career and he and I have been in several performances together. Until I started law school in August 2013, we'd do two a year and I got to hang out with him for 4 nights a week for a couple months at a time doing what he loves to do. It really did wonders for making us close. He's been All State Choir here in Texas the last two years, and we are anticipating him getting a full ride to TCU for choir next year. I'm a proud dad. He and I will be in college at the same time as I'll be in my last semester of law school while he is in his first semester at TCU. Our schools are only a few miles apart as I go to Texas A&M School of Law and it's in Ft. Worth, not College Station like main campus.

My daughter on the other hand, is a polar opposite, she loves to go to the games with me of all kinds, Rangers, Mavericks, Notre Dame, etc. and she says she is going to follow in my footsteps and go to school at Notre Dame too.

You know it doesn't take a license to have kids, and they don't come with instructions, and mine have totally changed my priorities over the years and my "likes" and "dislikes". Good times.
Law school...community theater...kids....sports.....putting together a collection of some of the greatest autographs I've ever seen....how do you do it????
No, seriously!