NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Buy/Sell/Trade Section (must login, caveat emptor) > Autographs & Game Used B/S/T

Old 09-08-2013, 06:29 AM

Default Stinson Sports Autograph Update Vintage Baseball Rarities for sale NOW

Jim Stinson Sports is proud to present another sensational e-mail autograph update of Baseball autographs . All items are one of a kind and are available for sale NOW on a first come first served basis. E-Mail or call to reserve the items you want for your collection today. I accept Pay Pal, Master Card & Visa. Shipping is free. All autographs come with Jim Stinson Sports exclusive lifetime guarantee of authenticity. I have been a full time autograph dealer since 1982. Be sure to visit my web site & E-Bay auctions where recent acquisitions will be added daily see link to my sites in this e-mail.

AUTOGRAPHS HALL OF FAME RARITIES I
100) 11TH ANNUAL BASEBALL WRITERS PROGRAM/MENU FEB 4TH 1934 AUTOGRAPHED BY OVER 80 ! CELEBRITIES IN ATTENDANCE INCLUDING BASEBALL HALL OF FAME MEMBERS WILBERT ROBINSON, JOHN EVERS (Twice), HERB PENNOCK AND MUCH MUCH MORE ! The event was held at the Commodore Hotel in New York. The program/menu was made to look like a scorecard and opens up to four pages , measures 6 1/2 x 10 and 13 x 10 when opened. Signed throughout in bold pencil by many luminaries of the day. There is a horizontal crease in the center middle of the "Scorecard". Will detail the many signatures I can identify begining with the front page which is signed by WILBERT ROBINSON a mere 6 months prior to his death in 1934, Extremely rare Hall of Fame autograph Robinson was a catcher from 1886-1902 and manager of the 1902 Orioles and 1914-1931 Brooklyn team , he oversaw Brooklyn's first pennant winning teams in 1916 & 1920. Robinson was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1945 over a decade after his death, JOHNNY EVERS rare Hall of Fame autograph gained immortal fame playing for the 1902-1913 Cubs as part of the "Tinker to Evers to Chance" double play trio. he won the Most Valuable player award in 1914, he was inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1946 and died in 1947 Evers has signed twice once on the front cover and again on the inside 3rd page. BILL McKECHNIE Hall of Fame player and manager , as player 1907-1920 for the Pirates, Braves, Yankees, Giants and as manager 1915-1946 for Pirates, Reds, Cardinals, Braves. He led his teams to three World Series Championships in 1925, 1940 & 1948. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1962 and died in 1965. SAM TAUB Journalist and radio broadcaster , member of the Boxing Hall of Fame he died in 1979, OTTO MILLER a catcher for the Brooklyn Dodgers 1910-1922 he died in 1962, CLINT BLUME 1922-23 Giants , Died-1973, SPENCER ABBOTT Considered the "Dean" of minor league managers he died in 1951, Other names on the front I can't identify and don't recognize. On the 2nd page which is the inside front cover its signed by HERB PENNOCK Hall of Fame pitcher best remembered as a member of the 1927 New York Yankees team. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame and died in 1948, BOB SHAWKEY pitcher for the 1927 Yankees, JOHN HEYDLER President of the National League 1918-1934 Died-1956, HANS LOBERT, CARL HUBBELL Hall of Fame Giants, BILL TERRY Hall of Fame Giants, STEPHEN W. McKEEVER only signature signed in ink , He was co-owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers until his death in 1938, RARE !, ANDY HIGH, and more I can't read and don;t recognise, Page 3 on the inside is signed by JOHN EVERS (see description above), ROBERT RIPLEY (Ripley's Believe it or Not), HORACE STONEHAM Giants owner, FORD FRICK League President and member of the Baseball Hall of Fame, MAX CAREY Pirates Hall of Famer, JIMMIE WILSON long time player and manager Died-1946, KEN STRONG Member of the Football Hall of Fame Died-1979, JOE GILLEAUDEAU Former co-owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers , AL MAMAUX pitcher 1913-24 for Pirates, Brooklyn, Yankees, Died-1963, LEW MALONE 1915-19 A's & Brooklyn Died-1972, JAMES MULVEY Co-Owner of the Brooklyn Dodgers, The reverse of the program is signed by dancer BILL "BOJANGLES" ROBINSON who is also listed on the program as a performer at the event, JOHNNY FREDERICK, GEORGE "KIDDO" DAVIS, BOB O'FARRELL, AL SCHACHT, FRANK FRISCH Hall of Fame Giants and Cardinals, JOE DUGAN 1927 Yankees, AL MUNRO ELIAS rare autograph established early baseball record keeping and sports statistics Died-1939, VAL PICINICH played in the major leagues from 1916-1933 Died-1942, HAROLD PARROTT Sportswriter and baseball executive, BILL HENNIGAN sportswriter, ROSCOE McGOWAN sportswriter, EDD HOLLY 1906-07 Cardinals Died-1973, and many many more throughout the program which I don't recognize and can't read, Could be a "sleeper" or two in the group. $3,500.00
101) PAUL WANER FULL PAGE HANDWRITTEN LETTER TO THE YANKEES WITH BASEBALL CONTENT Measures 8 1/2 x 9 and is written on his attractive personal letterhead that features a super imposed image of Waner swinging a bat. Written to Yankees executive Roy Hamey. Let me start this description by saying first and foremost A Paul Waner handwritten letter is exceedingly rare ! And this one is a beauty ! In my more than 30 plus years as an autograph dealer I have heard of only one and have NEVER had the honor of offering one for sale Until now ! Waner starts by writing his home address in the upper right and dates the letter June 7th 1962, he then writes "Dear Roy, Thanks for your invitation to the anniversary of the 28th of July, I will plan to be there , Good luck to you and your team and get ready for the Dodgers again, Best regards PAUL WANER" One of the greatest hitters in the history of the National League he retired with a lifetime total of 3,152 hits. Had his best years with the Pirates 1926-1940 highlighted by winning the 1927 "Most Valuable Player" award in 1927. Also played briefly for the Dodgers 1941 & 1943-44, Braves 1941-42 and Yankees 1944-45. He was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1952 and died in 1965. $1,450.00
102) MAX CAREY SENSATIONAL FIVE PAGE HANDWRITTEN LETTER 1914 WRITTEN TO HIS FUTURE WIFE WITH AMAZING CONTENT All are individual pages written one to a side dated April 3rd 1914 on the letterhead of "The Brady" hotel in Tulsa Oklahoma. pages measure 6 x 9 1/2 written by a then 24 year old and very much in love future Hall of Famer. Great baseball content and references to being on the road in the early days of baseball , reads in part "Went to the hotel to call for my mail and there were two letters from you, I read them while the waiter was fetching us something to eat , then after lunch I went up to see how the room looked , rotten ! whew. Kelly (a reference to team mate Joe Kelly) and I together in a little 2x4, then I quickly had my trunk brought up and changed to a heavier coat , it awful windy and the game is called off. Clarke (a reference to Hall of Fame manager Fred Clarke) told the boys if they wanted to they could go out and get some practice , about half of them went out , I didn;t thats why I am writing you at 3 o'clock didn;t sleep very good last night on that rocky road. Don't forget to pay some of your debts around the house with the money you have, if you need more I'll send some" Writes more and then concludes with "barrels of love from your hubby in Tulsa and just so many countless kisses and caresses".."Skip" , The letter is in fine condition overall except for normal letter folds. the last page has some seperation at the top fold. Max Carey led the league in stolen bases 10 times ! His career 738 stolen bases is 9th highest in major league history. Played for the Pirates 1910-1926 and Brooklyn from 1926-29 he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1961 and died in 1976. $250.00
103) MAX CAREY ONE PAGE HANDWRITTEN LETTER 1911 WRITTEN TO HIS FUTURE WIFE COMES WITH ORIGINAL MAILING ENVELOPE Measures 6x9 and is written on both sides ornate letterhead of the "Eastman Hotel" in Hot Springs Arkansas. Written by a then 21 year old future Hall of Famer in only his 2nd season in the major leagues Great baseball content and references to being on the road in the early days of baseball he writes in part "How could I do without your letters ! Gee ! I'm afraid I was a little sad at our last writing and I'm glad you wrote the way you did for it helped immensely but please don;t worry too much about me I'm alright again now and as we go further north I will get stronger. I never dropped a single practise but kept my work right up. Of course didn;t do so well as I am capable of under these conditions but I'm improving daily. Still I've a hard boat to row. I thought that by this writing I would be able to tell where I stood but I'm still in the dark. The next letter will probably tell. Several of the recruits here have been sent to different clubs , the first was sent to Los Angeles had to travel three days and four nights , Wow! Most all of the players would like to go out there for a year just to see the country. Red Corriden who played with the Browns last fall goes to Kansas City with O'Connor a catcher. If I go I think I'll go to Indianapolis" the letter is not signed but the return address portion of the envelope is. Max Carey led the league in stolen bases 10 times ! His career 738 stolen bases is 9th highest in major league history. Played for the Pirates 1910-1926 and Brooklyn from 1926-29 he was inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1961 and died in 1976. $250.00
104) GEORGE STEINBRENNER AUTOGRAPHED LETTER Full page typewritten letter on Yankees letterhead dated May 25th, 1989 and measures 7 1/2 x 10. Reads in part "I have enclosed a photograph as you requested and feel very complimented that you would wish to add mine to your grandson's collection. Thank you for your support of the Yankees and hope your health improves" Controversial owner of the New York Yankees for 37 years ! begining in 1973 until his death in 2010. $250.00
105) MICKEY MANTLE VINTAGE 1953 AUTOGRAPHED ALBUM PAGE Measures 4x6 and is signed by a then 22 year old MICKEY MANTLE !!! Playing in only his 3rd season in the major leagues. The Mantle which is a pristine 10 of 10 graces the dead center of the page. Was obtained as part of 1953 date specific autograph book which I purchased intact was sold by Premier auctions in 2011 and comes with the original letter of authenticity that not only details & lists the acquisitions of all of the autographs in the original book in their entirety but specifically pictures this Mantle autograph on their COA. An iconic Yankee his 536 career home runs, 3 time MVP award winner and 1956 Triple Crown places him among the elite of all members of the Hall of Fame he was inducted in 1974 and died in 1995.$ 550.00
106) CONNIE MACK Bold fountain pen signature on a 4x6 autograph album page , was removed from a date specific 1952 autograph book which I purchased intact. Signed dead center of the page with absolutely no room for improvement here ! 19th century player and long time A's manager inducted into the baseball Hall of Fame in 1937, He died in 1956. $175.00
107) ED BARROW AUTOGRAPHED NEW YORK YANKEES CHECK 1939 Measures 3 1/4 x 9, Dated June 14th , 1939 To "The American Association of professional Baseball leagues" Signed on the front by Hall of Famer ED BARROW Yankees executive Inducted into the Baseball Hall of Fame in 1953 he died in 1953. $100.00
108) MIKE GONZALEZ AUTOGRAPHED 1946 CARDINALS TEAM PAGE measures 3x4 and is attached to a larger 4x6 album page. Signed in pencil by Gonzalez it is also signed by NIPPY JONES, HOWIE KRIST, JOHN BEAZLEY, FRED SCHMIDT & BLIX DONNELLY Cuban born Gonzalez represents another all time toughie there is minor glue residue bleed through from reverse but is hardly noticable. Played and managed in the major leagues 1912-1932 for Boston nationals, Reds, Cardinals, Giants, Cubs. He returned to Cuba where he died in 1977. $150.00
109) JOHN JAMES McCLOSKEY Bold fountain pen signature from a letter measures aprox 2x6. Extremely tough autograph he was a manager in the major leagues 1895-1896 for the Louisville Colonels & 1906-1908 for the Cardinals. He died in 1940. $350.00
110) LEW DRILL vintage fountain pen signature from a letter. Drill played 1902-1905 for Washington and the Tigers he died in 1969. $50.00
111) CHAD KIMSEY autograph album page signed in pencil measures 4 1/2 x 5 1/2. A pitcher for the 1929-32 Browns, 1932-33 White Sox and 1936 Tigers. RARE autograph as he was only 36 years old when he was killed in a truck accident in 1942. $350.00
112) MILLARD "DIXIE" HOWELL Vintage 3x5 signed in fountain pen originates from the collection of baseball historian Karl Wingler. Howell pitched for the 1940 Cleveland Indians , 1949 Reds & 1955-1958 White Sox he died of a heart attack while running during spring training workouts in 1960. $75.00
113) SAM POND "SAD SAM" JONES vintage 3x5 signed beautifully in fountain pen. Has signed and also written "Chicago White Sox May 2nd 1932" a small magazine photo of Jones has been attached in the upper right. Played from 1914-1935 for Cleveland, Yankees, Red Sox, Browns, Senators & White Sox , he is best remembered for pitching a no-hit game in 1923. He died in 1966. $175.00
114) KEN BOYER Vintage government postcard postmarked on the reverse August 13th, 1961. A possible future Hall of Famer he won the "Most Valuable Player Award" in 1964. Played for the Cardinals 1955-65, The Mets 1966-67 and White Sox and Dodgers 1967-69. He died in 1982. $100.00
115) COLLECTION OF (19) AUTOGRAPHED 1989 SWELL BASEBALL GREATS BASEBALL CARDS Selling as a group, all are in MINT condition includes cards signed by SAM JETHROE, TOM TRESH, KEN SINGLETON, HERB SCORE, JOHNNY SAIN, BOBBY RICHARDSON, MEL HARDER, BOB FRIEND, TITO FRANCONA, ROY FACE, WALT DROPO, MOE DRABOWSKY, LARRY DIERKER, HARRY WALKER, BILL VIRDON, MICKEY VERNON, DEL CRANDALL, NELLIE BRILES, BILLY PIERCE take all for $150.00
116) PETE ROSE AUTOGRAPHED BOOK "MY STORY" HARD COVER WITH DUST JACKET FIRST EDITION Signed on the first blank page comes with the original autograph ticket from the show at which the autograph was obtained IN-PERSON in 3/17/2001. Copyright 1989. Book is 300 pages and measures 6 x 8 1/2. The autograph ticket when purchased sold for $40.00 and the book sold new for $18.99. A $60.00 value over a decade ago. A Bargain now at $75.00

Or Visit my web site for MORE Vintage autographs
stinsonsports.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg eversscorecard.jpg (83.3 KB, 246 views)
Old 09-08-2013, 06:32 AM

Default JimStinson

Other 3 images of program

web site
stinsonsports.com
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2program.jpg (79.4 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg 3program.jpg (78.8 KB, 246 views)
File Type: jpg 4program.jpg (79.4 KB, 246 views)
Old 09-08-2013, 06:01 PM

Default JimStinson

The following have been SOLD ! #105, #106, #107, #109, #111, #112, #117, #118

More Vintage autographs at my web site

stinsonsports.com
Old 09-09-2013, 05:34 PM
Steve Zarelli

Good deal on the Connie Mack. Wish I jumped on it.
Old 09-10-2013, 01:03 PM
Charlie

Glad you didn't Steve

Normally I frown on sig's on autograph pages but sooner or later
you have no choice

Thanks Jim.

Charlie.