NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 05-03-2022, 03:45 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Default REA Auction

I bid on a two 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig’s in this past auction. Today they popped up on eBay. The seller GMCards2 has quite a few items from that auction now re listed on there eBay store. Unless they spent over 50,000 on 3 cards that I saw in 5 minutes of searching, I feel like the items did not sell and went right up for auction on eBay.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:17 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Or investors think there was a small audience at REA and think Ebay is a better venue.

Sign of the "top"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-03-2022, 04:31 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Items anyone bought would not have been shipped and in hand already…
Old 05-03-2022, 04:41 PM
Tho.mas L Sau.nders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sladge34 View Post
Actually I received the card I won yesterday and those folks closer could have gotten theirs sooner
Old 05-03-2022, 04:43 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Quote:
Yes they could be. REA ships lightning quick.

If the price is much higher than what it went for at REA then more than likely someone won it and is flipping it.

If not in hand yet, they could be using REA's photos.

As I mentioned in another thread Hunt Auction Live auction ended on Friday and items were up first thing Saturday morning.
Old 05-03-2022, 04:58 PM
Marc S
Marc sz.ilezy

Just looking for a few more minutes and pretty much anything he has for buy it now instead of auction was in Rea
Old 05-03-2022, 06:30 PM
Jeff Lazarus

Quote:
I got the item I won within 3-4 days of the auction. Paid via Zelle and live pretty close by.
Old 05-03-2022, 11:06 PM
Fr3d mcKi3

Quote:
I bid on a two 1934 Goudey Lou Gehrig’s in this past auction. Today they popped up on eBay. The seller GMCards2 has quite a few items from that auction now re listed on there eBay store. Unless they spent over 50,000 on 3 cards that I saw in 5 minutes of searching, I feel like the items did not sell and went right up for auction on eBay.
The seller you note bought something in a previous REA auction for $11K+ put it on ebay and I won it for $8K +. Sometimes he gets more, other times not.
Old 05-04-2022, 01:10 PM

Default Rea

File this in the “for what it’s worth” section. I sent out payment for REA last Tuesday, after I could determine the full amount I owed. Card arrived today via Boxed USPS. Lightning fast. Trent King
Old 05-05-2022, 01:05 AM
Kevin
Kev.in Th.omas

Quote:
Quite the contrary...I posted a thread on the main board about how impressed I was with my lightning-fast experience with REA. From the time my lot closed with me as high bidder at 9:10pm on 4/25, I received my invoice, snail mailed REA a personal check, and had FedEx at my door getting my signature at 12:50pm on 5/1 for a large box containing the 3 dozen items that were in my lot...Total turnaround time less than 6 days. And others chimed in and said that since they had done so much business with REA the auction house actually shipped their winnings the day after the auction before they even paid. I'm quite sure that Greg Morris Cards (assuming that's who the "GM" in the eBay username you cited) would get that kind of treatment from REA.