NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2014, 04:07 PM
Don Hontz

Default Marlborough Ma. Show this Weekedn

I am setting up at the 3 day show in Marlborough Mass this weekend fri thru sunday---At the Royal Plaza Trade Center---they have around 40 stars signing autos---I hope they advertised in the Mass. area---The promoter is Fanatics Authentic---they now do the Chi show and also Phil.--Balt.---anybody going, let me know thanks Don Hontz Portland, Maine
Old 05-14-2014, 03:24 AM
And.rew Mil.ler

Don,

They have been advertising this show on 98.5 The Sports Hub...it's how I heard about it...Living in Marlboro, I plan on stopping in!
Old 05-14-2014, 04:46 AM
Don Hontz

Default Marlboro Mass. show

Andrew thanks for the responce---glad to hear on a little advertising for the show---my friend David emailed me on the show, he saw no promoting in his area 45 min from the show---I am hoping for the best this weekend--the show has a great list of autograph signers with many current and past Red Sox players. thanks again and hope to see u at the show. Don
Old 05-14-2014, 05:28 AM
Scott S

Don, any link to info on the show? I just googled and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Scott
Old 05-14-2014, 05:48 AM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
Don, any link to info on the show? I just googled and couldn't find it.

Thanks,
Scott
Scott---type in Fanaticsauthentic and that will take u to the home page--at the top , it says signings or shows--click on and it will take u to the show page for the show---good luck, Don
Old 05-14-2014, 06:38 AM
Scott S

Here's the link to anyone interested - there are many big names appearing:

Marlboro show
Old 05-14-2014, 04:06 PM
Javan

Default Marlboro Show

I don't have time to travel to shows very often but I live less than a mile from this one so I have no excuse! I will be there. This venue used to be used quite often a few years back. I'm not sure who the promoter was at the time but I sure hope this show does well so they will arrange it again.
Old 05-14-2014, 04:40 PM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
Thank you for posting this Don! I heard about it from local dealers at the Peabody show last weekend, and most of them had heard very little about it.

I do not have high expectations for the show but it would be nice to meet fellow Net54ers if possible. Anyone up for a meet-up, maybe Saturday at noon? I know nothing about the venue so maybe by the entrance?

Alan Elefson
Old 05-15-2014, 07:22 AM
Don Hontz

Hi Alan nice to see you are coming to the show---I will see u this weekend---I am hoping for a good turnout with collectors, time will tell---It will be raining this weekend so that always helps a show. Hope u find some good stuff this weekend. Don
Old 05-15-2014, 08:53 AM
Jimmy

Default Marlborough Ma. Show this Weekend

I will try and make it Friday night, thanks for posting about the show - almost forgot about it myself

Jimmy
Old 05-16-2014, 08:02 PM
Jeff Weisenberg

Default A show?

Show was free so I popped in tonight after 8pm. There are maybe 15 dealers set up in a venue that can hold nearly 200. They a sparse and separated and it has the look of an empty building. This is not a card show, This is an autograph show with a few dealers that have taken a leap of faith. I am not sure with (Pittsburgh) show this weekend that any major dealers would have attended and even the local dealers from the weekend shows are not there. They really need to work on getting local dealers and fill the room or this will fall the way of the Tri-Star shows that used to be here.
Jeff W
Old 05-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Alan Elefson

Hi-
I was there last night as well. Although there are only a handful of dealers, those there have a fair amount of vintage cards for a small show. Don has some Mayos, an OJ, and a bunch of T cards. Another dealer has a Stevenograph, and some other cool memorabilia, and another dealer has his usual large assortment of vintage Red Sox (most from the 1950s and 60s). Each dealer has the room to spread out (because there are extra tables) so there is less clutter than normal shows. Overall, it is disappointing, but still might be worth a short trip, especially if you (or your kids) want some autographs.

Alan
Old 05-17-2014, 06:09 AM

Was PSA there? I plan on going tomorrow.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Alan Elefson

One or more of the grading companies was there but I have no clue which one. Probably PSA.

Edit to add from a friend, just JSA, no PSA...

I collect raw, so I really do not pay close attention

Alan

Last edited by aelefson; 05-17-2014 at 01:24 PM. Reason: found out it was just JSA
Old 05-17-2014, 03:18 PM

I collect raw too. It was for autograph purposes. Thanks for the heads up.