NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Hockey, Olympic, Auto Racing And All Other Cards

Old 11-20-2023, 01:55 PM

Default Bobby Orr RC Pricing Help

Hello everyone,
I recently picked up an Orr RC. Prices for this card are insane, so usually well out of my budget. I am hoping to sell it, and use that money towards a lower grade copy. It says altered, but I can not figure out how as it seems to be the correct size. Regardless, it is what it is and I am curious as to what people think the value is?

This one is KSA and trimmed and still went for over $2000: https://www.ebay.com/itm/38608596975...orig_cvip=true

This one is SGC and is altered with "Color added", and still went for $3000: https://www.ebay.com/p/22056484566?iid=386090087902

Mine has better eye appeal than both.

Old 11-20-2023, 02:33 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

My experience has been that a card gets "altered" if there is more than one issue, otherwise would be expressly stated why. I think your card almost certainly has some color added at some corners and (this is just a guess) it's possible that it was in a screw down which may have compressed the card at the corners and made it really thin there.

That can be a common double issue, the screw down compresses and rubs the color off corners so someone colors it up but the card stock is still thin there.

I can't tell if the bottom edge is cut a little irregular or not, but that's something to inspect yourself.

As for value, it does vary a lot as you know. People will want to know what the alterations are, so do your best to figure it out and go from there I guess.

Last edited by CardPadre; 01-24-2024 at 12:09 PM.
Old 11-21-2023, 08:27 AM

Thank you for this information. Maybe I will start with $3000 OBO and go from there. Seems like $2000-$3000 is the range, even though that’s a pretty big range.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CardPadre View Post
My experience has been that a card gets "altered" if there is more than one issue, otherwise would be expressly stated why. I think your card almost certainly has some color added at some corners and (this is just a guess) it's possible that it was in a screw down which may have compressed the card at the corners and made it really thin there.

That can be a common double issue, the screw down compresses and rubs the color off corners so someone colors it up but the card stock is still thin there.

I can't tell if the bottom edge is cut a little irregular or not, but that's something to inspect yourself.

As for value, it does vary a lot as you know. People will want to know what the alterations are, so do your best to figure it out and go from there I guess.

ETA: I disagree that your card has better eye appeal than the color added example you listed. That card is pretty darn nice with I believe just some color added on the right edge, not even the corners. Plus, it's not miscut with the bottom of Bobby Hull's name showing at the top. Not ripping on your card or anything, it's nice, but just pointing out some eye appeal issues/comparisons.

So I'd say you're probably looking at $3k max potential sale with your card.
Old 11-22-2023, 09:31 PM
J1m Fr@n.tzis

The card pictured has color added at the top right corner area
Old 01-24-2024, 10:47 AM
octavio ranzola

color added upper right correct
Old 01-24-2024, 12:03 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Default Bobby Orr RC Pricing Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjackson44 View Post
color added upper right correct

Top left corner has color added, but not top right (when you’re looking at card in horizontal orientation).

eta: I only know this with certainty because it’s my card now. There is also color at the top middle edge…on the literal edge between the front and back of card.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.

Last edited by CardPadre; 01-24-2024 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2024, 12:20 PM
And.y Ell.is

congrats on the addition to your collection !!!
Old 01-30-2024, 01:55 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Quote:
Originally Posted by forceplay sport View Post
congrats on the addition to your collection !!!

Thanks. Was a good upgrade from my old beater Orr. But I liked that one too.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.