NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 11-23-2022, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
They've definitely done it before, including recently, for me for this piece.

Update: Just remembered that this one had been previously slabbed. But it wasn't showing up in their database. So they made me send it in again, and they re-slabbed it and put it into their database. But still, although the cert # is older, the re-slabbing occurred probably only about 6-12 months ago.
that's awesome! when you send it in, do you just add a notation on the particular card in the submission?
Old 11-24-2022, 02:47 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
that's awesome! when you send it in, do you just add a notation on the particular card in the submission?
Good question. My situation might be a bit different, because mine was already slabbed, but for some reason was no longer in the PSA database. There is a customer service feature on the website, which allowed me to contact PSA and send pictures of it. They gave me instructions on how to send it in, and they paid for shipping each way, just for this one card. They then re-slabbed it and put it in their database.

Obviously since yours is raw, you’ll need a different procedure. I suspect you could try to contact them through the customer service page to ask if they will slab it. Usually if they respond positively, then they will give you some instructions, and have you print out the email to include with the submission. With any luck, this preclearance procedure should help to smooth the process so that they don’t bungle it.

Others might have experience submitting a raw error card for initial grading, and might be able to walk you through the normal procedure. If all else fails, you can try calling the PSA helpline.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel

Last edited by raulus; 11-24-2022 at 02:47 PM.
Old 11-24-2022, 04:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by raulus View Post
Good question. My situation might be a bit different, because mine was already slabbed, but for some reason was no longer in the PSA database. There is a customer service feature on the website, which allowed me to contact PSA and send pictures of it. They gave me instructions on how to send it in, and they paid for shipping each way, just for this one card. They then re-slabbed it and put it in their database.

Obviously since yours is raw, you’ll need a different procedure. I suspect you could try to contact them through the customer service page to ask if they will slab it. Usually if they respond positively, then they will give you some instructions, and have you print out the email to include with the submission. With any luck, this preclearance procedure should help to smooth the process so that they don’t bungle it.

Others might have experience submitting a raw error card for initial grading, and might be able to walk you through the normal procedure. If all else fails, you can try calling the PSA helpline.
thanks much. i'll give it a shot for my next submission and see what happens. based on previous stuff they've done, i don't have a ton of faith
Old 11-30-2022, 06:06 AM

PSA is chewing through the modern submissions. sent a huge lot a few weeks ago. arrived november 7, logged november 12, already in assembly.

but the vintage stuff is totally stalled in grading. not sure why the modern cards are moving through so much quicker. you'd assume all graders are capable of moving at the same pace regardless of cards, but maybe this influx of new graders are all younger folks who are more familiar with modern? interesting.
Old 12-01-2022, 01:00 PM
Nicol0 Pin.oli

Quote:
Originally Posted by hockeyhockey View Post
PSA is chewing through the modern submissions. sent a huge lot a few weeks ago. arrived november 7, logged november 12, already in assembly.

but the vintage stuff is totally stalled in grading. not sure why the modern cards are moving through so much quicker. you'd assume all graders are capable of moving at the same pace regardless of cards, but maybe this influx of new graders are all younger folks who are more familiar with modern? interesting.
I do wonder whether they assign graders to different eras, and they stick to that era, rather than bouncing around between goodies from 2022 and pieces from the 1800s. And if modern submissions are down, then they would move through the process that much faster, barring a reduction in headcount or shifting some people around.

1963 Post complete panel
1968 American Oil left side
1971 Bazooka numbered complete panel
Old 12-02-2022, 08:52 AM
Steve Birmingham

It would seem likely that different people do different sorts of cards.

A lot of modern stuff is borderless. I still have no idea how they figure centering on a borderless card.

Maybe they don't, so modern is easier to have the new people start on, leaving a lack of people to do vintage?
Old 12-04-2022, 08:46 AM

I also guess that they assign people to either eras or types of cards. Plus, most modern cards are 8 plus*, so it's a different skill set to tell a modern, shiny 9 or 10 vs. determining if a tobacco card is a 1 or a 2.

* - unless I submit them. I've gotten 3's and 5's on post 1990 cards.