NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 08-26-2016, 02:31 PM
bobby

Default H&S joe jackson & mini decal bats & 1907 cubs

1914 - 1916 I have been collecting these bats for 30 years I have attempted to date these bats .and when they were offered to the public. the Jackson mini decal bat is the only one available in 14 inches long. all the others are found in several sizes. I believe that this bat provides us with just a couple years that this bat was offered to the public. this may also relate to full size bats? the photo of Jackson is in a Cleveland uniform. and with the knowledge of Comiskey and his insistence on being in complete control. do you think he would allow Jackson to be advertised in any uniform but a Chicago uniform. this also relates to other decals purchased by H&S from P&F in 1914. Jackson was traded to Chicago in 1915 H&S changed the center brand to H&B in 1916. other decals were available after the 1914 decals. but Jackson was not included I no cobb was produced three times. why Jackson wasn't included in a Chicago uniform I don't no? but it would have been nice to have a different Jackson decal bat available. Joe Jackson mini decal bat was only available from 1914 to 1916?.
I date the original P&F sheet of seven to 1914 with the addition of the Gowdy decal that we no H&S contacted him after the 1914 world series to sign a contract .
the 12 inch wagner bat I have mentioned before but it have different opinion about these two same but different bats. I believe the 12 inch decals are the first mini bats H&S attempted to make for souvenirs for sale to the public?, how many 14 inch Wagner signature bats have you seen not many and no 12s . the 12 inch H&S Wagner is a very rare mini bat I have seen 10 maybe . using a 34 inch bat with the knobs on the ends leaves app. 12 inches of wood, I believe they tried to make mini,s from left over material the decals just didn't fit the Wagner decal. the existence of the reverse center emblem and the no emblem bat shows they tried. and with everyone of them having a near perfect emblem I don't think they left the factory?. the 12 inch cobb dose show up not often but it did fit the bat. the Gowdy also fit but I have only seen one of this 12 inch bat and could be the rarest of all of them?. Wagner Cobb and Gowdy are on the same P&F sheet .
all I am trying to do is attempt to provide & search for information on mini bats and every time I do I prove myself wrong. I no the Palm & Fetcheler has made decals since around 1886? I could read for days and not understand it. I no Palm & brothers made decals for bats in 1902 exact dates are very difficult but I believe are possible.
I also no reproductions are starting to show up and they are very good.
It is known that Reach had decals made for presentation bats in 1902 & 1908 including Burly bats in 1914 these decals were made by Palm & bro.

the Cobb bat is not mine and cant examine the decal but I believe from the photo it is around 19014? and Palm & brothers decal the photo came from this site hope I don't get in trouble for using it but would like to here from the owner if the decal has a makers mark on it. the only other one I have seen is missing the bottom of the decal.
I have been collecting information for years and believe with some help its time for a book on these bats. i cant do it by myself.

if I am right about the cobb bat being Palm & Bro. that I didn't no existed before righting this being available prior to the P&F sheet I refer to so often . this would mean once again some of what I have said is not correct. and Wagner was not H&Sons first attempt at making mini decal bats? I changed the date of Palm & Fetcheler to 1886. I found a catalogue dated from that year.
Added a 1907 cubs world series mini bat. as of last week had no idea it existed.
Rare I would say one of a kind.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Item_174_1[1].jpg (7.4 KB, 60 views)
File Type: jpg attachment[1].jpg (68.6 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg attachment[2].jpg (7.7 KB, 42 views)
File Type: jpg 4396923622_bcea534759_o[1].jpg (42.3 KB, 34 views)
File Type: jpg Item_9467_2[1].jpg (13.6 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 201701482851_1[1].jpg (3.7 KB, 19 views)

Last edited by minibatsman; 11-07-2016 at 10:29 AM. Reason: added a bat