NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-26-2005, 04:36 PM
Administrator

Default SGC grading questions

Posted By: Paul

I just got my grades for about 40 T206 cards. I think I got slammed on some of the grades. I never tried but is it possible to email to see why cards got the grades they got or no.

Thanks,
Paul

Old 01-26-2005, 06:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: dennis

useless...they would have no idea

Old 01-26-2005, 10:16 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Best way to get cards graded is face to face.. Other than that, you are just a spoke in the wheel with most companies... (PSA/SGC)

Old 01-26-2005, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I don't know about PSA but if you have a problem with SGC they are very accessible..........later

Old 01-27-2005, 12:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The think to remember with SGC is that can be harsh with their grades. There is an outside chance that you might get a card upgraded, but it rarely done. The nice thing about SGC is that you don't often see an overgraded card in their holders. Especially something like tht PSA 4 with the paper loss that was recently talked about.

If you think they were tough on your t206s, try collecting caramel cards or non-sports issues. They absolutely hammer those cards. I used to have an e50 Dockman Teddy Roosevelt that graded SGC50 that would put most Ex/NM cards to shame. The Buffalo Bill card from the same set was even nicer and it only pulled a 60.

SGC may be a bit harsh, but they are consistant.

Jay

Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.

Old 01-27-2005, 04:28 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Paul

Ehh that's what I thought. Good service though.

Paul

Old 01-27-2005, 06:31 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

does one get a card graded face-to-face? Is this done?

Old 01-27-2005, 06:37 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

If you go to a show where they set up, for grading, you can bring it to them and they will take it, bring it back to the back, then let you know something....time permitting and if you pay whatever the show price is for grading. At least that's my experience. I have never seen them give an actual grade in person. They always bring it to the back to confer and investigate...This works well if you have something you don't want to send in the mail, or leave anywhere, and grading fees are not a factor for you...I have never brought a card to their office and don't know if that can be done while you wait or not....I assume it could...later

Old 01-27-2005, 07:11 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jackgoodman

How about PSA? I live in Orange County. Does anyone know if I could hand carry a card thru their grading process or is that a cost best reserved for a Wagner?

Old 01-27-2005, 08:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

PSA won't even let you hand carry a Wagner thru their grading process. It might compromise the War on Terror, ya know.

Jay

Wow upside down is Mom. Mom upside down is what dad wants to see.