NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-25-2005, 11:08 AM
Administrator

Default Those with Questions about PSA grading

Posted By: Robert

Those of you who are going to the nationals will have a chance to ask questions about PSA grading as well as meeting the grading staff and talk with Joe Orlando in person.
As a valued member of the Set Registry program, you and a guest are invited to
attend the annual PSA Set Registry Luncheon.

Joe Orlando, President of the Professional Sports Authenticator, will host an
open Q&A session about the Set Registry and PSA. Meet other members of the Set
Registry program, friends of PSA and members of the PSA staff.

Friday, July 29, 2005

12-2 p.m.

Room #26, Donald E Stephens Convention Center
(Location of the 2005 National Sports Collectors Convention)
5555 N. River Road Rosemont, IL 60018
(847) 692-2222

Please RSVP Cosetta Robbins with your name and that of your guest by July 15,
2005. RobbinsC@collectors.com

I realize that many members dont care for PSA at all or feel that there are VALID concerns and issues that PSA needs to address from a quality control aspect as well as from a customer service standpoint and I wanted to give a heads up to those with concerns and what have you that you will have a chance to hopefully ask questions yourself. Maybe they havent been addressing things like they need to lately and I will be the first to admit they are lacking in several areas but at least they are offering the average collector an opportunity to speak with them in person and from that standpoint I think they should be commended for making themselves available knowing they will probably catch some rightful heat from those that attend. Now is PSA's chance to work toward making things better as a company in many areas from such a meeting and I hope good things come from this.

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com

Old 05-25-2005, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan mckee

Please double check with Joe, I don't think I am invited. Dan.

Old 05-25-2005, 11:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Robert

I wish I was able to go to the nationals and meet many of you as well as see the fine vintage there and check out the meeting. I am not a rabid psa supporter but I hope that they take this opportunity to honestly try and make things better and stricter as to grading and not just use this meeting as a big smoke screen and publicity stunt if you will. Maybe I am naive but I think it would be a good thing for those who have voiced their concerns on the board about psa to try and attend the meeting and let their voice be heard and give psa a chance and if such concerns are not addressed as they should be, then I hope the free market will respond in kind from this. My point being that it is easy to say whats wrong with whatever grading company instead of actually going to such a function with an open mind and be direct and voice valid concerns if one has the opportunity to do so.

basicgreatguy@hotmail.com

Old 05-25-2005, 11:37 AM
Administrator

I think PSA has done this for several Nationals now. I believe Dave T. even voiced some concerns a few back and was removed from the session I believe. Dave, can you comment on past PSA open floor sessions at the National? Thanks Dan.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

At length. On the witness stand. Under oath. I was not favorably impressed with his candor when he testified and I have no reason to believe that he will venture anywhere near the truth unless it suits his purposes while he speaks freely at a PSA corporate public relations function.

Old 05-25-2005, 12:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

Very true, given Orlando's track record of testimony under oath, what makes anyone think they are going to get an honest answer from him in a forum set up and put on by PSA? I'm sure if I went I would get tossed from there like I have from the CU board.

Jay

I like to sit outside drink beer and yell at people. If I did this at home I would be arrested, so I go to baseball games and fit right in.

Old 05-25-2005, 01:06 PM
Administrator

Amazingly, I can vouch for Adam's statement, I have been there, done that, got the T-shirt.

Old 05-25-2005, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

Be sure and ask him about the rookie autograph slabbing and why some hand cut cards are graded while others from the same set are rejected. I have more important things to do, like trying to find caramel cards before Quan, Pete, Josh, Scott, Tim and the rest of the gang find them.

Old 05-25-2005, 04:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Scott Elkins

For any major caramel purchases for a while. I just picked up a couple of high grade Cocoas from "you know who" that cost me two arms and a leg! At least they were SGC graded - but, SGC slabbed them wrong as Croft's Candy cards (so they are on the wrong pop. report).

Old 05-25-2005, 07:01 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

...seem to recall this event in a number of versions. But some key facts remain :

1. It was an open bar, I can't be held responsible for the questions I asked. I don't recall any of them.
2. I did not start the food fight
3. I vaguely remember Marshall Fogel doing a world class Columbo impression.
4. We had been up gambling at the Borgata for 2 straight days before the national even started, again, I can't be held responsible.. for the money I spent.
5. The image of you cruising the boardwalk in drag is still burned in my retnas when I close my eyes.
6. Those graders sure run slow, eh?...
7. Bail was unexpectedly and anonymously posted by some dude called his-self Mr X...when I skipped town, I hear he had to sell off his collection or get his legs busted.
8. Danny, I didn't get my invitation yet this year, but I'll probably need a date...can you Tango ?

Old 05-26-2005, 12:16 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Funny as hell.

Old 05-26-2005, 02:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

FREE LUNCH??? Now, wouldn't it be funny if all of us were to RSVP and then provide a list of names to a designated person that is definitely going to attend. That designated person could then go to a homeless shelter and provide a free lunch to a lot of lucky people. PSA could use it as a recruitment luncheon because a blind or psychologically challenged person might be an improvement over the graders they now have. That last statement wasn't to imply that current PSA graders are not psychologically challenged.