NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-08-2022, 11:23 AM
Craig L.

Default Craziest USPS tracking stories

So I sell a little bit from time to time on eBay, to feed my collecting. I recently sold off a bunch of paper currency from around the world and had one that's having difficult arriving.

I figured there's hundreds of stories from people with crazy tracking history. I just thought I'd show one more. I finally reached out to you USPS and asked for the package to be returned to me. I'm just going to resend it but this is getting ridiculous.
Attached Images
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122015.png (185.0 KB, 250 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122024.png (185.9 KB, 250 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122030.png (188.4 KB, 251 views)
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20220308-122037.jpg (141.0 KB, 248 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122045.png (189.8 KB, 245 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122052.png (189.9 KB, 248 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122058.png (188.5 KB, 246 views)
File Type: png Screenshot_20220308-122105.png (182.1 KB, 246 views)
Pre-1957 Des Moines baseball memorbilia
**Ok, I buy DM stuff after '57**

Working on the following sets:
-T201 Master Set
-B18s set minus Reds. *18 to go*
-T202 End panel set
-'35 Goudey
-T206 361 commons/common back
Old 03-08-2022, 11:32 AM
Al Stein

Good luck with that. Your package has been on a crazy ride.
Old 03-08-2022, 11:45 AM

The USPS has not been the same since Trump appointed that moron to be in charge who is still in there because no one in Washington can figure out how to get rid of him.
Old 03-08-2022, 12:48 PM
Andrew Mc.Gann

I just had a packaged delivered today that was missent *twice* before it finally arrived. It looked like it had been run over, which is actually a fairly common (and actual) occurrence. Luckily, the card was low value and miraculously not damaged. Had it been slabbed, the plastic surely would have cracked.

Also today, I had another package missent to the post office in the town over. I called and asked if I could pick it up, but they have to sent it nearly an hour away instead so it can re-route.

In short, the USPS sucks. FedEx and UPS, while not perfect, run a much tighter ship.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:08 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

I had one, but it pales in comparison.

Completed: 1969 - 2000 Topps Baseball Sets and Traded Sets.

Senators and Frank Howard fan.

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:16 PM
Peter Spaeth

I once had a certified letter take two months to get from Boston to LA. It literally disappeared for 6 weeks, then bounced back and forth half a dozen times between LA and Sacramento, then got delivered to the wrong address in LA where I literally had to arrange by phone for the addressee to pick it up after tracking down the recipient.

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:20 PM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

That's pretty amazing, even by recent standards. I purchased something on eBay on January 16th and am still waiting on it. Unfortunately no updates since it arrived in Los Angeles on Jan. 24, so I don't really know what it's been up to since then, but the "estimated delivery" dates from eBay are Feb. 2-Mar. 9, so we'll see what happens tomorrow.
Old 03-08-2022, 01:47 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

My worst ones were shipping mistakes more often.

Once I had a seller really not thinking or reading the Paypal info very clearly.

I live in the suburbs of Detroit, in Birmingham Michigan. The seller sent my purchase to Birmingham England.

That one took one hell of a long time to arrive as it was sent there, returned to the seller, and then finally sent to me. It was 6-8 weeks or longer of travel time.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 03-08-2022, 03:07 PM

The tracking on a package I sent showed delivered to mailbox and then the next entry was "incomplete address, return to sender." I emailed the recipient and they said that they had received the package. I guess I should stop waiting for it to come back. Go figure.
Old 03-08-2022, 04:41 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbob View Post
The USPS has not been the same since Trump appointed that moron to be in charge who is still in there because no one in Washington can figure out how to get rid of him.
If you're going to spew your pathetic politics, put your goddamn name on your post!!!! And how is the Bidenführer clown show working out for you? What, nothing to say about that???

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.

Last edited by JollyElm; 03-08-2022 at 04:41 PM.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:04 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JollyElm View Post
If you're going to spew your pathetic politics, put your goddamn name on your post!!!! And how is the Bidenführer clown show working out for you? What, nothing to say about that???
I come here to get away from political blather. And now it is spilling over to more sections. And it is a bummer. I know, don’t read it if I don’t like it. But I don’t actively search it out either and it shows up….

Cheers,

Butch Turner

Just adding my .02 and agreeing with your comments JollyElm

I collect Topps baseball variations -- I can quit anytime I want to.....I DON'T WANT TO.

Last edited by butchie_t; 03-08-2022 at 05:39 PM. Reason: Clearing up my post
Old 03-08-2022, 05:53 PM
ja.mes na.higian

Default The worst USPS nightmare ever!

For a span of about 8 months I have had 12 different USPS packages of graded sports cards undelivered. They were all stolen internally, by a USPS worker IN MY LOCAL BRANCH. All but one of the packages were stolen in their entirety, however, one package had one card removed and the package was carefully and cleanly resealed and delivered (minus one $1200 card). I was contacted about two months after it began by a Special Agent from the Office of the Inspector General. They handle postal fraud, etc. This one Agent, to his credit, and after six months of monitoring, just recently caught the culprit. It was fascinating as the Agent had me receive "dummy" packages that he shipped to me so he could track and trace to catch the thief. He utilized hidden cameras everywhere in the post office. He recently told me he has several of my stolen cards, and they will eventually be delivered to me.

It is great when law enforcement works!

USPS was ZERO help and still has not reimbursed me one cent!

What is a shame is that this scumbag did the same thing to other collectors in my zip code, even to a larger extent of loss than mine.
Old 03-08-2022, 05:54 PM
Scott Russell

had two nearly identical packages shipped the same time from PA to TN (I think to a member who can feel free to chime in if he wants) one was delivered in 3 days, the other arrived at the Memphis office at the same exact time and then took a 2 month journey around the country before being delivered coming back to TN twice more before delivery. Luckily he, despite misgivings, trusted that I wasn't out to screw him over, and it all turned out OK in the end.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 03-08-2022, 05:56 PM
β∪τ∁ℏ †∪RΩεΓ

James,

Wow… totally sucks. Glad you get some if not all of your cards back.

Unbelievable. People (some and it is getting to be many) have no shame anymore and it is a sad commentary in today’s world.

B. T.

Last edited by butchie_t; 03-08-2022 at 05:57 PM.
Old 03-09-2022, 07:47 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

That sucks.

I once bought a card from Argentina that traveled the world. Buenos Aires to New York, to a variety of regional mail centers then back to Argentina then back to New York and eventually to me in Los Angeles. I calculated the travel and it was over 21,000 miles.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 03-09-2022, 08:17 AM
Glenn
Glen.n Sch.ey-d

I guess it's not political unless you go out of your way to mention who appointed him, but it is known that the USPS service has declined, by design, under the leadership of Louis DeJoy. He's quite open about it. The bureaucratic challenges in trying to get him replaced have been an interesting news story in their own right.