NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Boxing / Wrestling Cards & Memorabilia Forum

Old 06-07-2021, 10:44 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Won this a couple days ago, with a bid I thought was a lowball. Not sure if I'll keep it because it's a cool set and card, or trade bait box it because I like complete sets and this one is not really going to happen. Won a few things lately at bids I thought had no chance, hopefully the market is softening a little and I haven't just gotten lucky
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (78.8 KB, 542 views)
Old 06-08-2021, 10:56 AM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Won this a couple days ago, with a bid I thought was a lowball. Not sure if I'll keep it because it's a cool set and card, or trade bait box it because I like complete sets and this one is not really going to happen. Won a few things lately at bids I thought had no chance, hopefully the market is softening a little and I haven't just gotten lucky

Had that on my Watchlist. Thought you got it for a great price.

I think the market is softening on a lot of stuff........or at the very least, it's very erratic, and fluctuations can vary wildly.

Also, with the new category changes and fracked up search engine, you're more likely to get bargains from smaller sellers, then you are from the giant consignment sellers who have already captured their market. Category changes and reliable search engines don't mean quite as much to them, as to the smaller seller who has a harder time being found on the platform.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:12 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

IMO the category change has done major damage to the less popular categories. The boxing category is a mess. All of the unopened "box" stuff gets dragged into it and even when you refine for sport "boxing" a ton of extraneous crap still shows up. My sales last week were abysmal after weeks of strong sales and the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that the items that sold before were discovered and tracked before the category shuffling. I fear it will take months for this to be sorted out. Until it is I think I will just confine myself to fixed price listings, some with best offers.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...

Last edited by Exhibitman; 06-08-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:28 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
IMO the category change has done major damage to the less popular categories. The boxing category is a mess. All of the unopened "box" stuff gets dragged into it and even when you refine for sport "boxing" a ton of extraneous crap still shows up. My sales last week were abysmal after weeks of strong sales and the only reasonable explanation I can come up with is that the items that sold before were discovered and tracked before the category shuffling. I fear it will take months for this to be sorted out. Until it is I think I will just confine myself to fixed price listings, some with best offers.

When you list, you have to find a way to fit the word "boxing" in the title. I've always done that, but it's even more important now.

.......and, when you search, you have to search the word "Boxing", and put it in quotes......otherwise anything that's a spin-off of the word "box", will pop up.

Sad thing is............you won't pick up anything boxing related, where the seller originally put it in a formerly existing boxing category, but neglected to put the word "boxing" in the item title.

In other words............Ebay F*&k3ed it all up.

I hope what I just wrote, makes a lick of sense.
Old 06-08-2021, 01:42 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
Had that on my Watchlist. Thought you got it for a great price.

I think the market is softening on a lot of stuff........or at the very least, it's very erratic, and fluctuations can vary wildly.

Also, with the new category changes and fracked up search engine, you're more likely to get bargains from smaller sellers, then you are from the giant consignment sellers who have already captured their market. Category changes and reliable search engines don't mean quite as much to them, as to the smaller seller who has a harder time being found on the platform.

I’m hoping the market is softening and isn’t my confirmation bias because I want that to happen. I’m kicking myself for forgetting to bid on the T219 Johnson that went cheap the day before.

I don’t want to dump on eBay because without them, I wouldn’t have half as many cards as I do, but boy was this change poorly thought out. It takes forever to search for what I want nowadays. I’ve found “boxing -box” works too to weed out some of the crap. It’s extra bad for us boxing dorks because at least half of the sellers have no clue what their cards even are to name them properly. Wish there was another platform, the BST here is great for baseball pickups but I’ve only done like 3 boxing deals here posting my want lists.
Old 06-08-2021, 04:42 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Unlike what eBay did, it makes sense, Dave. I am going to have to go in and amend all my listings to add the magic word...

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-16-2021, 05:57 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Not usually my kind of card, I don't like the concept of these single card releases very much, but I absolutely love the old Pro Set football cards because.... I have no idea. So this one was a cool addition to my growing box of "random boxing cards that don't fit in sets". Seller forgot to list this copy with a stock emoji and "RC, HOT" tag.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l500.jpg (51.6 KB, 478 views)
Old 06-25-2021, 01:01 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

The prettiest boxing cards in my book. This has 2 pinholes but is an upgrade, my old Papke didn't have any of it's 4 borders. This as far along upgrading condition as I ever get.

If anyone want's a piece of crap trimmed up Papke, PM me...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (76.9 KB, 463 views)
Old 06-26-2021, 11:56 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Not a tough one but has proven oddly elusive for me. I got his red back pretty easily but have needed this one for awhile, go figure.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5167.jpg (72.4 KB, 473 views)