NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 11-23-2011, 08:32 PM
qu@n nguy3n

What happened tothe ebay auction? I had it on my watchlist but it seemed to have disappeared?
Old 11-24-2011, 06:25 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringking View Post
As far as authentication goes, it will be taken on with a case by case basis. (as far as PSA or JSA refunds go)
Ringking - That does not sound like much of a guarantee to me. Not that I am a defender of the alphabet soup companies,, but a guarantee that reads money back except for blah, blah, blah does not instill confidence.
A $30,000 Babe Ruth signed ball is authenticated by this new company, sold in an auction, and then one of the alphabet guys says nope to it. What happens then? I can only speculate, but are they going to give back $30K?
I am anxious to see who the authenticators are in this new company.
I can think of only a couple of people who would possibly instill enough confidence in the collector, for this company to have an impact.
Ringking - are the authenticators in this company really the type of people to instill this type of confidence in the collector?
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-24-2011 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-24-2011, 11:19 AM
Andy

Default Ali Autction

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
What happened tothe ebay auction? I had it on my watchlist but it seemed to have disappeared?
eBay took the auction down due to a Trademark Violation. I'm told it was either my mention within text about Operation Bullpen and Talking of Marino and his crimes. OR it was the photograph I placed on the auction showing Ali signing. Even though we own the photo's and the negatives I may need to have permission to use. I've been a little leary on relisting, I want to make sure I'm getting the proper information as I'd hate to get banned from eBay for a 2nd violation. I do have these, I can sell straight to you and still offer our guarantee. As all who have looked at the Litho say, it's a good signature, just a little tainted with the artist past.
Old 11-24-2011, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
Ringking - That does not sound like much of a guarantee to me. Not that I am a defender of the alphabet soup companies,, but a guarantee that reads money back except for blah, blah, blah does not instill confidence.
A $30,000 Babe Ruth signed ball is authenticated by this new company, sold in an auction, and then one of the alphabet guys says nope to it. What happens then? I can only speculate, but are they going to give back $30K?
I am anxious to see who the authenticators are in this new company.
I can think of only a couple of people who would possibly instill enough confidence in the collector, for this company to have an impact.
Ringking - are the authenticators in this company really the type of people to instill this type of confidence in the collector?
Again, it will be taken on with a case by case basis.

Take the ruth ball.
lets say YOU turn the ball down (not psa/jsa) and this new company says it's a good ball.
Being that you are a expert that people know and use and trust, my thoughts are you would have reasons for why you say the ball is bad. Not the common rejection letter with 2 to 15 things weird with the ball. The company would then look into the reasons you gave, vs the info that they have on the ball and tackle any issues from there.

I'm surprised that you don't know much about this company, as the way I understand it, you were going to be asked to join the company for some of the areas that you are a recognized expert in. Maybe they just have not gotten around to asking you yet.

More info should come out about this soon, as they are close to launching it.
Old 11-24-2011, 07:15 PM
Richard Simon

I have not been asked by anyone to join any authentication company.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 11-25-2011, 09:33 PM
Banned

i wish psa or jsa had ANY policy regarding being wrong and issuing refunds.

Tags
ali, limited, marino