NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 01-09-2023, 05:04 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Default Green Bay and Bye Bye No Playoffs

I am not a Green Bay Packers fan. But I respect their history.

I do not respect their QB Aaron Rogers.

As a player no question a Great QB and 4 time MVP.

But Because of him and his antics on and off the field both in season and out of season I am glad they (Specifically He) is not in the Playoff.

Although to be transparent he and his team do not do much in the playoffs anyway

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 01-09-2023, 08:24 AM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Rogers needs to move with his life. Doesn't seem like he's very into pro football at this point. Whatever semblance of a functioning human brain he has seems to be somewhat intact. Time to move on.

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-09-2023 at 08:25 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 08:40 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
Rogers needs to move with his life. Doesn't seem like he's very into pro football at this point. Whatever semblance of a functioning human brain he has seems to be somewhat intact. Time to move on.
+1 Agree Time to move on.

But His desire to be in the Spotlight, or his desire for the money he makes or can make, and/ or his competitive juices may prevent him from choosing retirement.

Plus he sees what Brady does and the News around him

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth

Last edited by mrreality68; 01-09-2023 at 08:42 AM.
Old 01-09-2023, 12:10 PM

Like the Packers - Rodgers not so much.

Hey, he dated Danica Patrick - it didn't work out because there was too much narcissism.

They both have a lot of common ground though - she won 1 NASCAR race (rain shortened of course) and he won 1 Super Bowl.

Good Luck to both of them as I hope they both drift off into the sunset.
Old 01-09-2023, 09:21 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Between Rodgers being a douche the past year or so, the forearm to the head by the one Packer, that idiot Packer player (Quay Walker) who pushed the trainer, and the other idiot Packer player who also pushed the trainer good riddens to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4fiu-T1-Uk

NFL not fining those 3?

Maybe they will but a big miss by them if they don't.

Seahwaks however have ZERO chance at San Fran. Would have preferred to see the Lions get in. They are/were a hot team. They had a brutal schedule and did extremely well, dude should get coach of the year.
Attached Images
File Type: png Capture.PNG (65.9 KB, 98 views)

Last edited by Shoeless Moe; 01-09-2023 at 09:27 PM.
Old 01-10-2023, 06:22 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Between Rodgers being a douche the past year or so, the forearm to the head by the one Packer, that idiot Packer player (Quay Walker) who pushed the trainer, and the other idiot Packer player who also pushed the trainer good riddens to them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E4fiu-T1-Uk

NFL not fining those 3?

Seahwaks however have ZERO chance at San Fran. Would have preferred to see the Lions get in. They are/were a hot team. They had a brutal schedule and did extremely well, dude should get coach of the year.
I agree with your assessment 100% and would have been great to have Detroit

But I am happy no GB and no Aaron Rogers

San Fran amazing both their defense and their rookie QB. Very well coached

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 01-10-2023, 07:20 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post

NFL not fining those 3?

Fine those two.

The forearm shot and the push to the trainer after the Walker shove were both done by Jarren Reed. He should have been called on the dirty forearm and ejected for the shove. Complete fail on both misses by the officiating crew.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-10-2023, 07:36 AM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

As for the consummate example of a completely selfish and arrogant twit that is Aaron Rogers;

I don't wish ill will, injury, or worse on people. However, there are those examples in every sport that make it a little more enjoyable to me when they move on and just don't have to deal with them watching the game, interviews or highlights anymore. If this was his swansong, then it will likely be a more wonderful experience in the future for me. I am sure he currently has more than enough money to quietly ride off in the sunset. Just praying he does not do color commentator work in the future .

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-10-2023, 08:10 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

another impact of inflation are the 7th seeds.

there were no 7th seeds years ago..and coaches fired when went 9-7 and missed out on playoffs

now these same coaches are great playoff coaches? If lose first round as 7th seed by a lot thats not playoffs

Also if you get a Bye, thats counts for a win..not sure why they dont credit the Bye as a win, since you have a to win a game to get to where the BYE team is...

how the wild card coach that won a wild card game lose in next round a winner versus a coach that got a bye and lost next round... they both at the same place..

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-10-2023 at 08:11 AM.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:12 AM

I think I would rather watch a Bill Belichick interview than an Aaron Rodgers interview. Watching Belichick just makes me cringe - watching Rodgers makes me feel like a need a shower and shave. He looks nasty. I hope he doesn't end up broadcasting, although they all seem to (How did Tony Romo get a job?).

Also, why is it when a head coach starts making commercials his team starts losing? Let's ask Nick Saban and Sean McVay. I don't seem to remember Bear Bryant selling toothpaste or hamburgers or bologna sandwiches, etc.
Old 01-11-2023, 08:45 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by gonefishin View Post
I think I would rather watch a Bill Belichick interview than an Aaron Rodgers interview. Watching Belichick just makes me cringe - watching Rodgers makes me feel like a need a shower and shave. He looks nasty. I hope he doesn't end up broadcasting, although they all seem to (How did Tony Romo get a job?).

Also, why is it when a head coach starts making commercials his team starts losing? Let's ask Nick Saban and Sean McVay. I don't seem to remember Bear Bryant selling toothpaste or hamburgers or bologna sandwiches, etc.
you would think guys like that have enough money but i do think in the past Mantle and jackie robinson etc all tried to sell lots of things...i could be wrong
Old 01-11-2023, 09:38 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
another impact of inflation are the 7th seeds.

there were no 7th seeds years ago..and coaches fired when went 9-7 and missed out on playoffs

now these same coaches are great playoff coaches? If lose first round as 7th seed by a lot thats not playoffs

Also if you get a Bye, thats counts for a win..not sure why they dont credit the Bye as a win, since you have a to win a game to get to where the BYE team is...

how the wild card coach that won a wild card game lose in next round a winner versus a coach that got a bye and lost next round... they both at the same place..
In many sports they have bye's and it is to reward the top teams for a strong regular season(to make it more meaningful and to incentify the top teams).

The lower seeds have to win to earn the right to move on(making it harder since they did not do as well in the regular season). But more seeds also means more teams are going to try harder and compete longer since they have a chance to make playoffs where years prior they would not since there was not these extra seeds and playoff spots.

No sports that gives bye count the bye as a WIN since they did not play (be cause the did not have to) there was no team that they competed to get a Win

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 01-11-2023, 01:26 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

Default NY Giants

delete

Last edited by Snapolit1; 01-11-2023 at 01:27 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:17 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
In many sports they have bye's and it is to reward the top teams for a strong regular season(to make it more meaningful and to incentify the top teams).

The lower seeds have to win to earn the right to move on(making it harder since they did not do as well in the regular season). But more seeds also means more teams are going to try harder and compete longer since they have a chance to make playoffs where years prior they would not since there was not these extra seeds and playoff spots.

No sports that gives bye count the bye as a WIN since they did not play (be cause the did not have to) there was no team that they competed to get a Win
right but they give wins for forfeits..that counts as win, they earned the win by being super good in regular season..

i would rather have a great regulear season coach get to second round with a bye every year than really good playoff coach that normally wins the first round wild card............basically if you get a bye, and lose its not like losing in the real first round...yet the media treats it like that.
Old 01-11-2023, 02:18 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
delete
best post of year, its an excellent point that losing in the 2nd round should not DELETE the first round bye... the coach should not be deleted...you made your point so succinctly...

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 01-11-2023 at 02:19 PM.
Old 01-11-2023, 04:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
you would think guys like that have enough money but i do think in the past Mantle and jackie robinson etc all tried to sell lots of things...i could be wrong
They did. I'm amazed that someone would smoke Chesterfield's because Ted Williams or Stan Musial pushed them. See the attached.

I'm amazed that someone would buy Chunky Soup because McVey tosses a can to an administrator.

The only commercial I really enjoyed was Mean Joe Greene tossing his jersey to a kid who gave him a coke - it didn't make me run out and buy a coke but I liked the commercial.

Does Currey, Rodgers, Shaq or anyone else pitching insurance make you want to switch? Ask the General!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9072.jpg (196.8 KB, 60 views)
Old 01-12-2023, 07:38 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
They did. I'm amazed that someone would smoke Chesterfield's because Ted Williams or Stan Musial pushed them. See the attached.

I'm amazed that someone would buy Chunky Soup because McVey tosses a can to an administrator.

The only commercial I really enjoyed was Mean Joe Greene tossing his jersey to a kid who gave him a coke - it didn't make me run out and buy a coke but I liked the commercial.

Does Currey, Rodgers, Shaq or anyone else pitching insurance make you want to switch? Ask the General!

very cool piece. I would probably find a way to display that if it was possible

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 01-12-2023, 09:31 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Default marino and montana

'Next year im buying'
Old 01-12-2023, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
very cool piece. I would probably find a way to display that if it was possible
The picture is actually the back cover page of a 1947-48 basketball program and scorecard. I recently acquired several - I have never seen one before. Pretty much all of them had the same advertisement on the back. Here is the front.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9058.jpg (192.8 KB, 38 views)
Old 01-12-2023, 11:59 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
The picture is actually the back cover page of a 1947-48 basketball program and scorecard. I recently acquired several - I have never seen one before. Pretty much all of them had the same advertisement on the back. Here is the front.
very nice Thanks

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth