NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #951  
Old 01-16-2023, 03:02 PM
71buc's Avatar
71buc 71buc is offline
Mikeknapp
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Great NW
Posts: 2,497
Default

Roberto Clemente Night ticket stub, program, and original photo from that date.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 12F805C8-4B93-4834-9DE7-D2D44651CC24.jpeg (134.1 KB, 256 views)
__________________
1971 Pirates Ticket Quest:
93 of 153 regular season stubs (61%), 14 of 14 1971 ALCS, NLCS , and World Series stubs (100%)

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Reply With Quote
  #952  
Old 01-17-2023, 10:14 AM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 327
Default

Expos fans remembers Dennis Martinez perfect game on July 28 1991, 7 years earlier on April 21st 1984 in St Louis David Palmer threw a rain shorten 5 inning perfect game.
Major League Baseball listed Palmer's performance as a perfect game until 1991, when it clarified the definition of a no-hitter to stipulate that the pitcher had to go nine or more innings to receive credit for a gem.
ticket and signed stamped gateway envelope
Attached Images
File Type: jpg David Palmer perfect game.jpg (154.8 KB, 240 views)
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs ,1980,81,82,89,92,95,96
Reply With Quote
  #953  
Old 01-19-2023, 07:08 AM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 327
Default

My run of Expos home openers at Jarry Park 1969-1976
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jarry Park home openers 1969-1976 (1).jpg (192.3 KB, 222 views)
File Type: jpg Jarry Park home openers 1969-1976 (2).jpg (195.6 KB, 211 views)
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs ,1980,81,82,89,92,95,96
Reply With Quote
  #954  
Old 01-20-2023, 12:15 PM
icollectDCsports's Avatar
icollectDCsports icollectDCsports is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
My run of Expos home openers at Jarry Park 1969-1976
Cool Those are beautiful as they are. Would resist any temptation to slab them.
Reply With Quote
  #955  
Old 01-20-2023, 09:56 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: On the road again...
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
My run of Expos home openers at Jarry Park 1969-1976
Those are great!
Reply With Quote
  #956  
Old 01-21-2023, 07:45 AM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 327
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
Cool Those are beautiful as they are. Would resist any temptation to slab them.


No slabs for these tickets, will probably frame them with a nice photo of Jarry Park stadium
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs ,1980,81,82,89,92,95,96
Reply With Quote
  #957  
Old 01-22-2023, 01:01 PM
GregZakwin's Avatar
GregZakwin GregZakwin is offline
Greg
Member
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 347
Default Signed Trout "The Catch"

__________________
Collecting:

Roy Campanella
Zack Wheat
Pre-War
Jackie, Ruth, Cobb, Tickets, Type 1 Photos, Trout

http://plaschkethysweaterisargyle.blogspot.com

Roy Campanella PC
Zack Wheat PC
Random Vintage
T206s

Successful Net54 Transactions: 9
Reply With Quote
  #958  
Old 01-24-2023, 10:10 AM
icollectDCsports's Avatar
icollectDCsports icollectDCsports is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 865
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post

No slabs for these tickets, will probably frame them with a nice photo of Jarry Park stadium
Perfect
Reply With Quote
  #959  
Old 01-24-2023, 03:17 PM
Lucas00's Avatar
Lucas00 Lucas00 is offline
Lc@s Dwėšę
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2021
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 844
Default

Best $14 I'll spend all month.
__________________
Red Schoendienst Super Collector. Have something of Red That's rare/Unique? Please pm me!
Also looking to buy Snapshots!
Reply With Quote
  #960  
Old 01-24-2023, 10:17 PM
DW03 DW03 is offline
member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 10
Default

Anyone here able to verify the date of this Senators ticket other than the writing on the back lol. I'm not sure what 44 means, but the 44th home game wouldn't have been Aug 22nd.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot_20230124-221127_eBay.jpg (151.4 KB, 115 views)
Reply With Quote
  #961  
Old 01-25-2023, 04:19 AM
Scott Garner's Avatar
Scott Garner Scott Garner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DW03 View Post
Anyone here able to verify the date of this Senators ticket other than the writing on the back lol. I'm not sure what 44 means, but the 44th home game wouldn't have been Aug 22nd.
Hello & welcome to net54,
It's not possible to nail down anything based on the 44 on the front of the ticket. IMHO, 44 would refer to the 44th home game, but I may be wrong.
One question about the date written on the back of the ticket:
Is the writing in fountain pen, or is it in ball point pen?
I can't tell by your photo.
Please note that ball point pen was not a thing until around 1940. If the writing is in ballpoint pen, it's inconsistent with 1934.

BTW, my good friend Dan Busby (RIP) published a couple of limited production books on ticket collecting entitled "Washington Senators 1868-1939" and Washington Senators 1940-2012", respectively.

Unfortunately, there is not an example of a photo of a Grandstand ticket from the 1934 era to compare it to in the book. The ticket price is consistent with what a Grandstand ticket cost in the early 1940's (1941) based on an exemplar that he shows in the 2nd book.

I hope you find this helpful.

Last edited by Scott Garner; 01-25-2023 at 04:20 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #962  
Old 01-25-2023, 08:52 AM
DW03 DW03 is offline
member
 
Join Date: Dec 2022
Posts: 10
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Hello & welcome to net54,
It's not possible to nail down anything based on the 44 on the front of the ticket. IMHO, 44 would refer to the 44th home game, but I may be wrong.
One question about the date written on the back of the ticket:
Is the writing in fountain pen, or is it in ball point pen?
I can't tell by your photo.
Please note that ball point pen was not a thing until around 1940. If the writing is in ballpoint pen, it's inconsistent with 1934.

BTW, my good friend Dan Busby (RIP) published a couple of limited production books on ticket collecting entitled "Washington Senators 1868-1939" and Washington Senators 1940-2012", respectively.

Unfortunately, there is not an example of a photo of a Grandstand ticket from the 1934 era to compare it to in the book. The ticket price is consistent with what a Grandstand ticket cost in the early 1940's (1941) based on an exemplar that he shows in the 2nd book.

I hope you find this helpful.
Thank you very much for replying, I do not own it, so I'm not sure of the pen type either. Maybe 44 is 1944? Either way, this was very helpful and exactly the kind of reply I was hoping for by posting in this forum.
Reply With Quote
  #963  
Old 02-01-2023, 08:58 PM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 327
Default

Good day today.....Vladimir Guerrero MLB DEBUT
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1996-09-19.jpg (188.0 KB, 65 views)
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs ,1980,81,82,89,92,95,96
Reply With Quote
  #964  
Old 02-02-2023, 11:38 AM
guy3050's Avatar
guy3050 guy3050 is offline
Guy Bourque
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Montreal Canada
Posts: 327
Default

Just got this one back from Michaels, my run of Jarry Parks Home Openers 1969-1976 , The Photo is from the 1970 Home opener with Bob Gibson on the mound and Rusty Staub at bat (he struck out) its a little hard to see but in right centerfield you can see fans watching the game on top of snow banks and on top of the swimming pool's cabin
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Jarry Park Home openers 1969-1976.jpg (106.9 KB, 50 views)
__________________
Looking for Expos ticket home openers full or stubs ,1980,81,82,89,92,95,96
Reply With Quote
  #965  
Old 02-02-2023, 02:27 PM
Scott Garner's Avatar
Scott Garner Scott Garner is offline
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Midwest
Posts: 6,365
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
Just got this one back from Michaels, my run of Jarry Parks Home Openers 1969-1976 , The Photo is from the 1970 Home opener with Bob Gibson on the mound and Rusty Staub at bat (he struck out) its a little hard to see but in right centerfield you can see fans watching the game on top of snow banks and on top of the swimming pool's cabin
Nice final product, Guy!
Reply With Quote
  #966  
Old 02-02-2023, 06:31 PM
doug.goodman doug.goodman is offline
Doug Goodman
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: On the road again...
Posts: 3,904
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guy3050 View Post
Just got this one back from Michaels, my run of Jarry Parks Home Openers 1969-1976 , The Photo is from the 1970 Home opener with Bob Gibson on the mound and Rusty Staub at bat (he struck out) its a little hard to see but in right centerfield you can see fans watching the game on top of snow banks and on top of the swimming pool's cabin
That is freakin' beautiful!
Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:02 AM.


ebay GSB