NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 01-24-2023, 05:27 PM

Default eBay help needed

I sold something on eBay about 2 weeks ago.After the auction eBay notified me the buyer paiid and I was told to ship the item.I shipped the item , but eBay hasn’t released the funds to my bank account.
I haven’t sold anything in years on eBay.
What do I need to do to get the funds transferred. I tried texting eBay but I get a computer response. Not that much help
Thanks Scott
Old 01-24-2023, 06:16 PM
Will.i.@m $t@dy

Did it have to go through the Authenticity Guarantee? I just sold a card that had to go to the authenticator and it said they will hold funds until it passes…even though on other sales I always get funds released right after I ship.

If you want a card, you might not get a deal. If you want a deal, you might not get a card.
Old 01-24-2023, 06:25 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by quitcrab View Post
I sold something on eBay about 2 weeks ago.After the auction eBay notified me the buyer paiid and I was told to ship the item.I shipped the item , but eBay hasn’t released the funds to my bank account.
What do I need to do to get the funds transferred. I tried texting eBay but I get a computer response. Not that much help
Thanks Scott
Did the seller leave feedback? Years ago I sold some concert tickets after not selling anything for a few years and they held the money. I can't remember for how long the hold could have been for but eBay told me as soon as the buyer left feedback they would release the funds before their hold period ended.
Old 01-24-2023, 11:45 PM
Brian
Bri@n Abra.ham

Quote:
Thanks Scott
eBay now doesn't release the funds until after the buyer receives the item or until after the card gets authenticated (depending on how much the card sold for).
If you go to your Payments tab in your seller page, it'll show how much funds are coming your way and the approximate date that the funds will be released to your account.

I sold a couple Mantle cards on ebay on Jan 17th, shipped them out to the authentication address the next day. They just got authenticated yesterday and said that the funds would be released and accessible in my account in 1-3 days.
Old 01-25-2023, 04:30 AM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
Thanks Scott
Need more details. Did it have to go to Authentication? Did you enter the tracking number on EBay?
Old 01-25-2023, 06:07 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by babraham View Post
eBay now doesn't release the funds until after the buyer receives the item or until after the card gets authenticated (depending on how much the card sold for).
If you go to your Payments tab in your seller page, it'll show how much funds are coming your way and the approximate date that the funds will be released to your account.

I sold a couple Mantle cards on ebay on Jan 17th, shipped them out to the authentication address the next day. They just got authenticated yesterday and said that the funds would be released and accessible in my account in 1-3 days.
That is weird. I have sold a few things lately and never had to wait for the buyer to receive it before eBay put the money in my account.

I recently sold my first item that had to get authenticated. I did receive payment the day after it passed authentication. I didn't know if they held it till it passed or if it was just the timing with the payout schedule I chose.

EDIT: I looked and my payment option is set to "daily". I also received a payment today for an item that is still in route with expected delivery tomorrow.

Last edited by bnorth; 01-25-2023 at 06:15 AM.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:10 AM

It wasn’t a baseball card it was a record album. This is where I may have screwed myself. I just took it yo the post office and mailed it regular mail.
Do you think I should contact the buyer and ask him to leave me feedback or will this open a whole can of worms and he will tell me it never arrived ?
Thanks Scott

I can’t find on eBay where buyers leave feedback for me
Old 01-25-2023, 06:41 AM
Ben North

Quote:
It wasn’t a baseball card it was a record album. This is where I may have screwed myself. I just took it yo the post office and mailed it regular mail.
Do you think I should contact the buyer and ask him to leave me feedback or will this open a whole can of worms and he will tell me it never arrived ?
Thanks Scott

I can’t find on eBay where buyers leave feedback for me
So you got no tracking number at all? The number beside your user name is your feedback. Click on it and it should take you to your feedback. Then you can see if they left it yet.

Have you set up your account to receive payments and what setting did you chose? They have options from daily to monthly.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:43 AM

I will check if the buyer left feedback. I have a tracking number but I didn’t make the seller sign for the package. I have the payment set up to go to my bank account but I was unaware of the options.
Thanks for your help. I will check feedback now!
Old 01-25-2023, 06:35 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Did you enter the tracking info to EBay? Sometimes they hold funds until package shows as delivered.
Old 01-25-2023, 06:40 PM

No I didn’t do the tracking info into eBay … sorry to ask… I am do dumb with this. Where do I do it ?
Old 01-25-2023, 07:44 PM
Ben North

Quote:
No I didn’t do the tracking info into eBay … sorry to ask… I am do dumb with this. Where do I do it ?
Go to eBay. On the top of the page on the right side you will see "my ebay". Put your cursor over it and then from the drop down click on "selling".

Then on the new page go down the left side to the "orders" section and click on "awaiting shipment-print shipping label". On the next page you will se the listing and right under it you will see "add tracking". Click on it and type in the tracking number.
Old 01-25-2023, 07:49 PM
Jam.es Braci.liano

Quote:
On the item page, click on "mark item shipped" and it should ask if you would like to add tracking details. If you are using the app, scroll down to "add tracking".

If you printed the label from EBay, the tracking will already be uploaded.