NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-19-2006, 11:43 AM
Administrator

Default Bargains, Why Sunday is a good day to buy.

Posted By: Lee Behrens

For those you that think there are no bargains out there, I picked this up last night:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=014&item=330026754406&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

I am a firm believe that sunday is the best time to buy because some cards tend to slip through the cracks. I have picked up a far number of cards at reasonable prices on Sunday's. I sometimes get bored filing thorough all the listings and probably miss listings myself. Plus Jay and I both have had cards sell below market on Sundays.

I personally like Tuesday's as a sell day, not overcrowded but seems to get good prices. Monday in the last year has become a crowded day in the last year.

There are bargains out there be patient and diversify a little and you can get bargains out there.

Lee

Old 09-19-2006, 11:49 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

Usually Sunday yields some bargains...although I used a BIN I think I got a pretty good deal.

Joshua

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=004&item=140030647939&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&rd=1

Old 09-19-2006, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jason

not like there's much on TV anyway!

I took a break from my vintage searches and picked up an Eckersley rookie for $26 (PSA 9 OC)

Old 09-19-2006, 12:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

I picked this up yesterday for well below my snipe. I think if it grades a 40, its a good deal at this price:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260030478449

Old 09-19-2006, 12:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

The big reason Mondays are big is people that run 10 day auctions from Fri-Mon. As Lee pointed out, I have had a number of cards well below market on Sundays and no longer list anything to close that night.

Jay

I love pinatas. You get to beat the crap of something and get rewarded with candy.

Old 09-19-2006, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe D.

I would be more active with the postcards (especially the one you grabbed).... but I am a bit overextended at the moment.

thats good for you, less competition

nice pickup.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

Thanks Joe. Ive always liked that pose of plank - like his M101-2. Im definitely glad you werent taking a shot at it

By the way, love your pinkerton cobby.

Old 09-19-2006, 01:03 PM
Administrator

Posted By: davidcycleback

It used to be that a number of people only had computers at work and school. When they went home for the weekend, there was no computer.

Old 09-19-2006, 06:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

I was watching this auction and forgot about it. Forgot to put a snipe in. I think this was one of the best bargains lately.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-1911-T206-Francis-Pfeffer-PSA-5-MK_W0QQitemZ170027469122QQihZ007QQcategoryZ31718QQ ssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I did win this one Sunday. I was 5 cards short, and now I am 4 short of set. I've seen 2 of these cards on e-bay in the last 2 years. I really wanted an 8 but a well centered 7 will do nicely for this price.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=011&item=320027054137&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

People said it was a million dollar wound. But the government must keep that money, cause I ain't never seen a penny of it.

Old 09-20-2006, 01:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Lee Behrens

That Pfeffer would grade a SGC 20 and price falls right in line with that grade, nice looking card tough and another good example.

I love a hardly noticeable glue stain informational writing on the back, $50:

Lee

Old 09-20-2006, 05:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T E

First thing I noticed about Lee's great buy is the time-21:00 PDT-Midnight in the east. Dopey time to have an auction ending, great time for buyers. There are many factors with Sundays-time of year is important as well. The weather was gorgeous in the northeast last weekend, lots of people went to south shore or east end or whatever. You get home on Sunday, you're thinking about the week ahead.

My experience as a seller on ebay (hoofaway is my name there) tells me that if you want to know when is the best time to sell, there is a mature industry that gives you the answer-TV. There is a reason why ratings are highest between 8PM and 11PM ET and why weekdays are higher rated than weekends. I try to focus on Thursdays between 9:45 and 10:30 PM ET-that way I get the east and also the west, since primetime out west is a bit earlier.

So if you are a buyer, you might want to pick yourself some weird times to be your prime time.

The best buy I ever made on ebay, and I do not buy too often, was a BIN for a full Topps vendor's box (500) of 1957 red back planes and a huge lot of 1964 and 1966 Topps baseball cards, both from the same gal. This is years ago. The cards had been listed for a few minutes, I looked em over, noticed many hofs, decided that it was legit and hit the BIN for each of the two lots. $50 for the planes, $200 for the baseball. It was about 12:15 on a weekday as I recall, the gal had listed them for her husband. Did very well with those cards, still have many on hand for my personal collection.