NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-14-2004, 10:36 AM
Administrator

Default Questions about www.19thcenturyonly.org

Posted By: three25hits

Does anyone have any experience with www.19thcenturyonly.org's ability to grade?

There are several cards available in their current auction that I am interested in, yet the scans are not clear enough to make a proper determination on the cards' grade.

I have requested better scans, and back scans, but my questions are answered in a round about, ambiguous manner.

Can anyone speak to their ability to consistently grade? Anyone had success in getting better/more detailed scans?

Any input would be appreciated, as I'd love to bid on some lots but I am not inspired with confidence by their responses to this point.

Thanks

Old 01-14-2004, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Their terms indicate that a full refund isn't given, but rather only a credit to future auctions.

Anyone have experience with their return policy?

Old 01-14-2004, 10:41 AM
Administrator

Posted By: dan

I have always had good dealings with Seth. He is knowlegable on the subject of pre-war material and has always answered me promptly. As far as grading, only trust PSA, they are perfect.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

"three25hits",

Besides the thumbnails, the images Seth posts are large and quite clear. What lot(s) are you having trouble seeing? Seriously, you may have a browser "glich" and the larger images are not appearing for you.

If you can't see the larger images let me know what lots you'd like to see and I'll email them to you.

For the record - I've had nothing but good experiences with Seth. Bid with confidence - except on the lots I want.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

19thCentury owner Seth Nagdeman (not sure about that spelling but close enough) has always been good to deal with. I am sure if you email him and ask for bigger scans on cards you are truly interested in he will send them. He has somewhat of an association ( not in any grading sort of way ) with SGC so his grading standards "should" parallel theirs....I am not saying positively but I do know he talks to them a lot.....and Seth is very knowledgable and courteous.....the only issue I have ever had with his auctions are that sometimes the opening bids are at/or above full retail... this is not his fault as his consignors dictate a lot of the entry level price points as opposed to other auction houses that dictate their own. Auction house business is probably getting a little tougher as of late and in order to get very many consigments I am sure the world must be given..........with all of that said he does usually have some neat items....good luck

Old 01-14-2004, 11:37 AM
Administrator

Thanks for the quick responses everyone. I appreciate everyone sharing their experiences.

Petercld, I am sure it isn't what you are looking at though ;'>