NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 10-28-2004, 12:16 PM
Administrator

Default Vintage Card website construction?

Posted By: leon

I want to build a very simple (read I am technology challenged) website to sell some vintage type cards. I know this got discussed a long time ago but things change. Any thoughts on some good free ones, if there is such a thing? Again, please keep in mind I ain't too smart at them there computers..... I've just sold them since '89........but that's sales ......not technical...thanks and regards

Old 10-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Ben

I did my site on www.geocities.com and it worked out for me pretty well. I used the Yahoo "pagebuilder" option - extremely easy to use (no html) and it's free too. I know a number of other collectors on net 54 use geocities as well. Good luck with the site!

Old 10-28-2004, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

Geocities is probably the best way to go. Good luck and if you need any help I would be glad to help you build it so that you can get on your way.

Old 10-28-2004, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Spencer, John

Leon, contact Mike Williams who handles all of the Full Count Ebay auctions. I am sure we could figure out a way to have you "piggey-back" some of your great stuff on one of our future auctions. Best, John

Old 10-28-2004, 02:49 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the offer. I will take probably take you up on it. Let me navigate on my own and if I get stuck we can exchange emails to get to talk ......much appreciated......and the upside is is that once I get it done I will probably put some scarce type cards on it.......best regards

Old 10-28-2004, 02:57 PM
Administrator

Thanks for the offer too. For auctioning I will keep it in mind however I really want to do a website as I have been thinking about doing one for a long time.....I know Mike fairly well....where's he been lately? regards

Old 10-28-2004, 04:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

But if you are going to set up a sale site, give me a ring--there are some disclaimers and terms you will want to put on there, just in case.

Old 10-28-2004, 04:47 PM
Administrator

Hey Ya'll
I have had numerous offers in emails and offers here. I just want to extend a "laurel and hardy handshake" to all concerned and offer thanks. I will give geocities and homestead a look very soon and maybe report back as to how they have gone. Adam- I will give you a a call at work tomorrow but your time has to be "au gras" (sp?). If there are others that we are missing and are great ya'll can still let me know...click on the blue little "leon" and that'll be my email later

Old 10-28-2004, 10:10 PM
Administrator

Posted By: 823dek

Oh Leon....

Do not forget about yer ole buddy Dan Koteles, Iam good fur at least 1 purchase or a NUTTER !!!!!!!! Want that FIRESIDE, so...QUIT PLAYING...JUST SELL IT !!!!!

Old 10-29-2004, 09:31 PM
Administrator

here we go.....this is with over 15 minutes of studying It will get better and/or I might try another site later. Actually it was sort of fun .....regards and once again thanks for all of the support...I know my prices are high...I don't really want to sell anything...(I can see this is going to be a wildly successful venture for a passionate collector

http://www.geocities.com/typecard777/vintage_baseball_etc.html

Old 10-30-2004, 01:35 AM
Administrator

Posted By: hankron

Looks nice, Leon.

Old 10-30-2004, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Well, all was going well until I deleted something and the whole darn website disappeared. I hate it when that happens. I made a new one and this is the url below....also, if anyone knows how to post more than 8 pics on that site I would be willing to listen. I would pay for a premium service. I just don't see how to do it...and no I am not trying to sell my stupid cards more by posting about my needing help. I really do. Once the dust settles I will ask Bill to add me to the links on this board..........regards and thanks again

http://www.geocities.com/typecard777/vintage_baseball_etc.html

Old 10-30-2004, 07:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

had the same experience (I also paid 11.95 up front--no alternative was offered); I had a beautiful dark blue webpage, with some sort of art-deco design in one corner, and one card--an A35, sitting in it--and--the whole thing disappeared. They seemed to want me to start all over--including the 11.95! I am rather discouraged.

Old 10-31-2004, 05:40 PM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

Hey Leon,
I just went on your website and unless it is my computer, you can't read any of the labels on the graded cards nor any of the text on the 1869 Reds card. The photos are clear but all text illegible. Does it still need some fine tuning? Or am I going blind? Barry

Old 10-31-2004, 06:01 PM
Administrator

You aren't going blind, at least concerning my first attempt at a website . There is a piece of s/w that I need to download to customize it some more. The only small problem is that it won't download on my computer at home. My connection is too slow as I can't get high speed where I live. I only have ISDN and only half of it works (64k). I am going to try it tomorrow at work. I would imagine in the next week or so I will have the kinks worked out. I will be putting up some very interesting stuff too. I am digging deep into the doubles in my collection. So far response to the little rinky dink site has been pretty good. I had 2-3 serious offers on cards and think I sold one. More good stuff soon...including a much better looking website....take care

Old 10-31-2004, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

Hey leon, can I have a ten year payment plan on the Kelly 4 base hits?

Old 11-01-2004, 07:09 AM
Administrator

JC- no.....I told you 150k all cash......upfront.....

Also, Ben F. if you are out there today and have a few minutes please give me a call at work. If anyone else knows how to navigate Pagebuilder from Yahoo (for my website) I will take all the help I can get. Having a T1 line at work makes everything real fast. It doesn't make it easier to understand though My number at work, which has been posted for about 4 years on my "me" page on ebay, is 972-774-7032 and I am CST....we are getting there....thanks again.....