NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-17-2021, 08:37 PM

Default Sets that have eluded us over the years!

For those of us that collect a very wide range of type cards, there haven't been too many "types" I haven't owned over the years.

The one set I have always wanted an example of is the T211 Red Sun set. Unfortunately, there are only a few catchers in the set, and I haven't found a nice example to add to my collection yet. Would love to find a Joe Dunn T211 to go with my Series 8, T210 Old Mill Joe Dunn card!

What sets have eluded you?

Patrick
Old 01-17-2021, 08:50 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Still missing a T204 Ramly backed card for my low-grade type collection, have had a TTT for many years, but not a Ramly even though they aren't very hard at all.

Not a set exactly, but the oddest card on my want list that has been there for years is a T206 Paddy Livinston/Livingstone. My first pre-war card was a T205 of Lviingston my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 10 or so, and so I've wanted the T206 to match with it for years. Maybe do all the common backs for both cards. I have about 100 T206's, thousands of sport and non-sport T cards I've bought in the 20 years since, but I always end up the under bidder on every low-grade Livingston that comes up. Eventually I'll hit the BIN and overpay just a little bit, but for such a common and cheap card it stands out on my want list as the ultimate "how do I still not have this?"
Old 01-18-2021, 09:16 AM

For my type card set the one that sticks out for me like a sore thumb is the Nadja Caramels E104-3, which is the only one in the basic E90 to E107 run I need. Cards from this set are tough to come by, and I like the different artwork not seen in the other candy sets, but just never have pulled the trigger to land one when they have been available. I'm a cheap bastard.

Brian (card obviously not mine)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg e104-nadjatenney.jpg (44.5 KB, 209 views)

Last edited by brianp-beme; 01-18-2021 at 09:20 AM. Reason: added scan
Old 01-18-2021, 09:55 AM
Jason Wells

E222 is it for me. Anyone will do but a Colt would be heavenly!
Old 01-18-2021, 09:18 PM
Al Stein

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1911 View Post
Still missing a T204 Ramly backed card for my low-grade type collection, have had a TTT for many years, but not a Ramly even though they aren't very hard at all.

Not a set exactly, but the oddest card on my want list that has been there for years is a T206 Paddy Livinston/Livingstone. My first pre-war card was a T205 of Lviingston my Dad bought me for Christmas when I was 10 or so, and so I've wanted the T206 to match with it for years. Maybe do all the common backs for both cards. I have about 100 T206's, thousands of sport and non-sport T cards I've bought in the 20 years since, but I always end up the under bidder on every low-grade Livingston that comes up. Eventually I'll hit the BIN and overpay just a little bit, but for such a common and cheap card it stands out on my want list as the ultimate "how do I still not have this?"
Amazed and impressed with how many ways to spell Paddy's last name. BTW, I have the 1954 Scoops Livingstone, I guess I need to get the T206 next.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk