NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-19-2021, 04:41 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Default eBay: No longer required to offer remorse returns

I just received this eMail from eBay. I was shocked to see that they are finally doing something right. Here it is:

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

As of January 11, 2021, listings in the Sports Trading Cards, Collectible Card Games, & Non-Sports Trading Cards categories are no longer required to offer remorse returns to qualify for the Top Rated Plus 10% final value fee discount. While your listings may qualify for the Top Rated Plus rating and discount, at this time, the Top Rated Plus seal will not apply to the listing in search results. To qualify for the badge, you are required to offer at least 30-day returns.

Bear in mind that purchases in this category still qualify for the eBay Money Back Guarantee. This means you may still receive, and we may ask you to resolve, return requests for items that arrive damaged, missing parts or pieces, or otherwise arrive at your customer not as described in your listing. Learn more about the returns process.

eBay is the world’s leading marketplace for trading cards, and millions of buyers globally search for a wide variety of cards. Removing Trading Cards returns as a Top Rated Plus eligibility requirement may help mitigate improper returns and give you higher confidence to list your inventory on eBay.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-19-2021, 04:53 PM
Scott Russell

Sounds great, changes nothing. People always just claim "not as described" if not, they'll learn to.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 01-19-2021, 08:07 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Step in the right direction but still not enough seller protection for me to ever tip my toe back in that water.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-20-2021, 09:23 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Step in the right direction but still not enough seller protection for me to ever tip my toe back in that water.
+1.....not really an ebay selling fan any longer.....
Old 01-20-2021, 12:37 PM
Howard Chasser

Default This

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Sounds great, changes nothing. People always just claim "not as described" if not, they'll learn to.
Put lipstick on the pig........

I just had a return scenario on Ebay that I called customer service on - it was a gold necklace. My description:

" The herringbone has a nice alternating textured pattern on it "

a little further down in my description:

"Please e-mail any questions BEFORE you bid. If you place a bid – you accept the item as described with no assumptions."

Buyer initiated a "not as described" return stating:

"I didn't realize the pattern was on both sides"

I am 1) grateful that I actually received the Necklace I sent back ( I have heard some nightmare stories on returns) and 2) fighting with Ebay about not needing to pay shipping charges as the item was exactly as described!

Ebay is getting harder and harder to do business on. Just started managed payments - now have to wait ~7 days for $$. I am looking for alternatives - just listed a bunch of stuff on Ebid - anyone have any experience there or elsewhere?

Last edited by hcv123; 01-20-2021 at 12:38 PM.
Old 01-21-2021, 06:14 AM
James

Default MySlabs

Howard, you and others may want to try MySlabs.com
Old 01-21-2021, 06:44 AM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by griffon512 View Post
Howard, you and others may want to try MySlabs.com
Not familiar with MySlabs.com. Need to look into it.

I need a change after 17 years. I need a place that has my back for once.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 01-21-2021, 01:50 PM
Grant Rainsley

Done selling there too. Latest scam, guy buys some cards from me, gets them and says he's not happy with them. I said no problem, send them back and I'll issue a refund. So he opens a case with Ebay saying he didn't get them. They back him, he keeps the cards and gets refunded. They didn't even want to know my side, just did it. So...word to the wise here. At least it was just 25 bucks or so. See ya Ebay.
Successful deals with dkbobasa, Mintacular, Hangman, Donscards, Bocabirdman, Goferboy00, Digdugdig, jimivintage, baseballart, jimmysuitcase, 39special, smokeyburgess, scooter, shorttmail66, KCDoughboy, Andrew1975, t206fix, Eggoman, others.

Member of OBC. www.oldbaseball.com
Old 01-21-2021, 10:01 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Ebid - anyone have any experience there or elsewhere?
Ebid, Bonanza, Ecrater all seem like attractive alternatives, until you realize how little traffic they get compared to eBay. I currently have all of my stuff crosslisted on Bonanza simply because they have an automated free-to-list option that mirrors my eBay listings, and slightly lower fees when something sells. Occasionally something does actually sell, but it's about 1-2% of the volume I sell on eBay with literally the exact same inventory, even when priced slightly lower on Bonanza. Sure, that's an additional 1-2% that I miss out on otherwise, and crosslisting is automated now that it's set up, but not worth the time and effort to list there directly or if they ever charged listing fees up front.
Old 01-21-2021, 11:51 PM
Adam Yastrzemski

I had to buy a box of cards for a customer before Christmas. So I went onto eBay and bid on a box. Then was quickly outbid. So I bid on another and won. Then found out that I won two. In the first auction the top bidder retracted his bid. He bid me all the way from $61 to $67. Then retracted his top bid and it cost me $66. So I called eBay to complain about this bidder. They did nothing. A few days later I called and complained again. Here is his profile. He has 36 feedback. In the past 12 months he has retracted 253 bids. And eBay is doing nothing about it. They got an extra $5 out of me so for a short sighted, short term extra money grab it works. But I have bought very little else because of this and I have resisted selling anything new on there lately because characters like this are allowed to run around and do whatever they want. Btw- the other box I ordered came damaged because it was shipped in a bubble mailer. It’s unbelievable what’s going on there and I wish they would clean it up. This should have been a simple transaction that became very disheartening.

9DF3A7E7-ACE0-4350-8B04-10216C43B3A9.jpg