NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 06-30-2021, 10:30 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Default USPS Apocalypse!

Been rough here...haven't received a card since last Thursday! Can't make this up, my local USPS has their internet down?!?! How does that even happen? Hoping I'm not entering a cluster ****...thankfully I don't have any big cards out there, just a bunch of 50's commons...

CRAZY! No back up? Hotspot off an employees phone? Haha...

I got a couple packages due to a few members here...apologize for the couple day delay, completely unexpected. If they are down tomorrow I will go to the next down. I keep being told it will end today and I live on a mountain, so PO trips aren't easy!

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03
Old 07-01-2021, 04:44 PM
Steve

Huh...I thought the Postal Regulatory Board was supposed to be in the process of removing DeJoy as PMG...oh, well...I can empathize, John - I live in a suburb of a large city and my internet service for the past month of so has been down every day whenever I try to get online. Usually, after about four hours so so, it abruptly come up for a while, then goes down again. In shopping around for a new service provider, I had a rep at one place confide to me that my current provider (the largest and near exclusive outfit in my area) routinely shuts out customers it regards as "bottom feeders," meaning they subscribe to the lowest cost tier of service and therefore consume the smallest bandwidth of internet signal access. So, maybe that or something similar is what your local PO is experiencing?
Old 07-02-2021, 08:20 PM
John Otto
J0hn Ot.to

Wow, I would be pissed if my internet provider "ranked" me....and I can imagine that happens. I live on property on a mountain in the woods...we only have one option but there is a tower near for cell, and the one option has fiber all the way out here. I consider myself pretty lucky all things considered, and since I work from home I do get the biggest package...maybe my service isn't luck! Lol...

Yeah, the PO is still down...people are pissed. They are giving no explanation...

1963 Fleer - 1981-90 Fleer/Donruss/Score/Leaf Complete
1953 - 1990 Topps/Bowman Complete
1953-55 Dormand SGC COMPLETE SGC AVG Score - 4.03