NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 05-07-2021, 11:37 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Default If you wanted to sell....

If you were looking to get rid of a whole lot of miscellaneous collection/junk, is there a particular auction house or venue you would use? This must come up all the time, as so many of us acquire so much and our collecting goals shift over time.

For me, the list of excess baggage includes lots of Exhibit cards, lots of autographed cards from the '58 and '61 sets (mostly african-american players), ungraded but high condition early 70s basketball, baseball, football, and hockey (near complete sets plus a bunch of star singles), 1951 and 52 Bowman commons, etc. It's a totally hodgepodge of stuff.

Anyway, any advice on the easiest way to unload it would be greatly appreciated. My initial instinct was to start listing stuff here, but as I go through it, I realize that would be much more work than I have time for. With young kids and a busy job, I'm really hoping to find one or two places to send it all, even if it doesn't result in the best prices.

Thanks in advance!
Old 05-07-2021, 12:05 PM
Larry More.y

Post it for sale in BST!
Old 05-07-2021, 12:10 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
Post it for sale in BST!
That was my initial plan, but it's so much random stuff and would be so much work (which might be fun, if I had more time...but just seems stressful now). Maybe I will just make large lots and hope for the best....
Old 05-07-2021, 12:13 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Maybe Hunt? They always seem to have these hodge podge lots

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 05-07-2021, 12:17 PM

If you're not planning to use the funds for your retirement, create "shoeboxes" of like items or even multiple types of items and sell as lots. I'm sure there are many that would buy them either for the excitement of a "mystery" box or perhaps to give to their kids.
Old 05-07-2021, 12:36 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

I'd try Lee Behrens at Sterling Auctions. With all those partial sets and his frequent auction schedule, it would seem a good fit.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 05-07-2021, 03:25 PM
Phil

Check out Andy Sandler. He has quite an array of smaller lots in his auctions. He has an auction going on right now. I also knew him personally in the 80s and 90s and he was a decent person and hobbyist.
Old 05-10-2021, 05:32 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Thanks for the additional recommendations!
Old 07-11-2021, 01:18 PM

Default Andy Sandler AllSportsAuctions.com

Thank you, Phil and Frank!
Old 07-11-2021, 05:48 PM
Emlily Ell.is

I try to list all my random extra stuff (and anything else I look to sell) in the BST. It does take time, but you can sometimes get rid of it. Although I've been able to sell most on Facebook after listing here without any buyers.

But if you want to, it might be easier to send to an auction house. Might try GMC. They seem to get the most for their items.

I have done deals with: snowman, exhibitman, roquan, vintagetoppscards, bobsbbcards, sayitaintso, tsp06, gorditadogg, 4reals, bnorth, clydepepper, jcfowler6, jimmer77, tsp06, Bartholomew_Bump_Bailey, swk473 plus others.
Old 07-13-2021, 02:36 PM
Ben North

Member Aquarian Sports Cards(Scott Russell) would be my recommendation. I have consigned and bought from him.

Last edited by bnorth; 07-13-2021 at 02:37 PM.
Old 07-13-2021, 08:21 PM

I would also recommend Scott Russell at The Collector Connection/Aquarian. Always enjoyed buying from his auctions and he recently has helped me with my first consignments…the first of what will likely be many hodgepodge items like you described. Really takes the time to to put your items in the best light and the communication is excellent.
Old 07-14-2021, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exhibitman View Post
I'd try Lee Behrens at Sterling Auctions. With all those partial sets and his frequent auction schedule, it would seem a good fit.
I agree with Adam's recommendation.