NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-20-2021, 08:37 PM
Jonathan Sterling

Default Philly Show This weekend anybody going??

I am going to venture out into the world with my Mask and my vaccine card this week and stop by the Philly Show. I am going to pay the extra for the Early entrance on Friday. I know not everyone I might like to run into will be there but that is part of the point ( being around less people) I have a 5 month old Grandson and cannot bring covid home. So going to get in early and see what I can ser for a couple hours and sprint out before main doors open. Anybody from Net54 with a table I will wear my net54 Babe Ruth pin please say hello.
Leon you keep threatening to come up. If you are let me know I will bring some of my early Philly card show material for your collection.
Since every thread needs a card...
This is postcard from First Philly show in 1975.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20210920_223229.jpg (73.4 KB, 878 views)
File Type: jpg 20210920_223215.jpg (75.5 KB, 880 views)
Old 09-20-2021, 08:55 PM
Ma.tt Whi.te

Ill be there Saturday for sure. Maybe Friday.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:00 PM

Anyone know if Net54 is offering discount to Philly show?
Old 09-20-2021, 09:21 PM

For those going on Friday, Bobby Shantz is signing. Wish him a Happy Birthday! He turns 96 on Sunday.
Old 09-20-2021, 09:37 PM
Scott Russell

Booth 710, stop by and say hi!
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 09-20-2021, 09:52 PM

I will be set up at booth #503 with an overabundance of graded t206 cards mostly PSA graded from grades 2-6 with commons, Southern Leaguers, and Hall of Famers.
Old 09-21-2021, 06:29 AM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbsports View Post
I will be set up at booth #503 with an overabundance of graded t206 cards mostly PSA graded from grades 2-6 with commons, Southern Leaguers, and Hall of Famers.
Bill--with over 1000 T206 cards, I would call that a overabundance--You are the T206 King---Good Luck. Don
Old 09-21-2021, 07:06 AM
Howard Chasser

Default Booth 108

I'll be set up near the entrance at both 108 with a ton of great vintage material including Ruth, Gehrig, Cobb, Mantle, Mays, Clemente, an incredible 1955 Topps set break all graded PSA 6&7, 1971 Set Break with most stars graded 7-9, some great type 1 photos and MUCH more! I'll also be looking to buy, trade and take private consignments of higher end material. Stop by and say hello!

Ps. I'll also be giving out FREE (1 per) to any children 16 or younger "packs" of 1972-74 baseball including minor stars and 1 lucky kid will get a 1973 Nolan Ryan card in one of those packs!

Howard Chasser
A Few of My Favorite Things

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:33 AM
Eric Perry

I’ll be there, walking the floor. If the weather is warm enough, I’ll be sporting a fashionable Net54 T-shirt. (Hey, Leon, when will the next shirt be available?)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)
1956 Topps Baseball (189/342)

"You can observe a lot by just watching."
- Yogi Berra
Old 09-21-2021, 07:38 AM
Jay Shumsky

I plan on attending Friday, but I don't think I will pay for the early admission this time. I did for the show in June because I was excited to actually be going to a show and wanted to get in as soon as possible, but this time, I can wait until 3:00.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:14 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
I’ll be there, walking the floor. If the weather is warm enough, I’ll be sporting a fashionable Net54 T-shirt. (Hey, Leon, when will the next shirt be available?)
I know Eric. I need to get in gear to have some more made. IT's been a while.

Last edited by Leon; 09-21-2021 at 08:14 AM.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:17 AM
Hank Thomas

I'll be there Friday shopping my WaJo L1 leather and some other cool stuff. I expect the place to be packed again.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:19 AM
Ian H@ll

My dad and I will be there Friday from 3 until they kick us out. And since I'm only 1 hour-ish away from the show, maybe Saturday as well, if I have a sense that I haven't seen all the room has to offer on Friday evening.

I'm excited, as other than small-time mall shows as a kid in the 90s, I have NEVER been an actual card show.

Not sure what to expect, But I plan on stopping by to say hi at the booths of net54 members that setup. I'll be the one in the Orioles hat, with my old man, looking awestruck at all the cardboard!
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906
Old 09-21-2021, 08:54 AM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Sounds awesome. I hope everyone has a great time and picks up (or sells) some really cool cards!

Looking forward to a good show here in Southern California. I can't wait.
Old 09-21-2021, 09:50 AM
And.rew Fin.kel.man

I will be there all weekend, with my son. Looking forward to it!
Old 09-21-2021, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigfanNY View Post
I am going to venture out into the world with my Mask and my vaccine card this week and stop by the Philly Show. I am going to pay the extra for the Early entrance on Friday. I know not everyone I might like to run into will be there but that is part of the point ( being around less people) I have a 5 month old Grandson and cannot bring covid home. So going to get in early and see what I can ser for a couple hours and sprint out before main doors open. Anybody from Net54 with a table I will wear my net54 Babe Ruth pin please say hello.
Leon you keep threatening to come up. If you are let me know I will bring some of my early Philly card show material for your collection.
Since every thread needs a card...
This is postcard from First Philly show in 1975.
That is awesome, Jonathan! I will be there on Saturday.
Old 09-21-2021, 07:43 PM
Val Kehl

Jonathan, thanks for the interesting info you provided re pitcher John Ogden. FYI, he had a younger brother, Warren "Curly" Ogden, who was also a MLB pitcher, from 1922 - 1926 with the Athletics and Senators. Curly Ogden played a very interesting role in Washington's victory over the Giants in the 7th Game of the 1924 World Series. The following is from SABR's bio of Curly:

"Warren Harvey “Curly” Ogden became part of World Series lore in 1924 when Washington manager Bucky Harris started him in Game Seven as a ploy to fool Giants manager John McGraw. The idea was to get McGraw to play rookie first baseman Bill Terry and other left-hand batters against the right-handed Ogden, so that Harris then could bring in lefty George Mogridge.

Terry, 6-for-12 at that point in the series, had not been playing against left-handers. The ruse worked. McGraw put Terry in the lineup, and Harris watched Ogden strike out Freddie Lindstrom and walk Frankie Frisch before bringing in his left-hander, who had warmed up secretly below the grandstands. The Nationals, behind the relief pitching of Walter Johnson, won in 12 innings to capture the team’s lone world championship."
Seeking very scarce/rare cards for my Sam Rice master collection, e.g., E210 York Caramel Type 2 (upgrade), 1931 W502, W504 (upgrade), W572 sepia, W573, W575-1 E. S. Rice version, 1922 Haffner's Bread, 1922 Keating Candy, 1922 Witmor Candy Type 2 (vertical back), 1926 Sports Co. of Am. with ad & blank backs. Also T216 Kotton "NGO" card of Hugh Jennings. Also 1917 Merchants Bakery & Weil Baking cards of WaJo.
Old 09-21-2021, 08:13 PM
James M.

There's a good contingent of Net54er's going. I was fortunate enough to meet Howard and Ted Z at the last Philly Show in June, and it was a great time. Was able to pick up a 58 Mantle All Star card from Howard and a 50 Bowman Phil Rizzuto from Ted!

Overall a fantastic show to go to, and if you can make a little trip out of it, even better. The Phillies are home this weekend so definitely see if you can catch a game at Citizens Bank Park, though it might eat into your cards budget!

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 09-22-2021, 10:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Wish I was going. I believe the next one is in December so we will see...I know it will be fun hanging with a lot of friends.

Old 09-23-2021, 10:35 AM
Scott Russell

Anyone know if SGC is accepting submissions?
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

Old 09-23-2021, 02:50 PM
Jamie

Going on Saturday. Bringing an item to JSA to look at.
Old 09-23-2021, 04:53 PM
D@ve Se@born

Default Nope

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
Anyone know if SGC is accepting submissions?
Scott,

I had the same question and called them. They said they are not taking any in-show submission for the rest of the calendar year. Business is good, I guess.
Old 09-23-2021, 08:48 PM
Scott Russell

thanks Dave

Old 09-24-2021, 06:27 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Philly Show

Hey guys

Me and Danny McKee....as usual, will be set up at Booth #412. Looking forward to seeing some of you.

We have lots of stuff (1887 - 1977)....Tobacco cards, GOUDEYS, PLAY BALLS, LEAF's, BOWMAN's, TOPPS, etc.

Our BB card prices are fair. Our endless conversations.... "Talkin' Baseball", and BB cards are FREE

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 09-24-2021, 09:24 AM
Carl

I'll be in the KoP area this weekend coaching a high school team and plan on stopping in.

Anyone carrying some decently graded e92 Dockmans? I'm still looking to fill in some missing players (PSA 4-6 would be ideal but not 100% necessary)

Thanks / CJ
Old 09-24-2021, 01:18 PM
Is Mudville so bad?

I'm looking for an E98 Cobb in the 2-3 condition range, any color. If you could keep an eye out when you're at the show I would greatly appreciate it, finders fee applicable.
Thank you,
Phil

https://www.flickr.com/photos/183872512@N04/
-
Old 09-24-2021, 07:51 PM
Ryan

I was banking on going tomorrow, but may have to wait until Sunday. Is it still worth going then?

Last edited by lloydchristmas; 09-24-2021 at 07:52 PM.
Old 09-24-2021, 09:46 PM
Jay Shumsky

I was at the show on Friday. It didn't seem as crowded as the June show did on Friday, but there was a decent crowd. I met several other net54 members and picked up about 20 T205s for the set I am working on.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:33 AM
Ian H@ll

My dad and I had a great time at the Philly show last night. Here are my thoughts/observations:

1) TONS of post-war vintage material. I walked every table, and I would guess at least half the tables had significant quantities of vintage. There was something for everyone.

2) Lots of high-end graded vintage for sale.
- 1959 Gibson RC SGC 9.5
- 1952 Topps Jackie SGC 8
- Mantle, Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Williams

3) Plenty of low to mid graded vintage as well. Plenty of nice cards <$500.

4) Hordes of raw vintages to flip through. I'd guess about 20 tables had chairs in front of them all night. Collectors with lists, sorting for hours. Really cool to see.

5) I don't collect as much pre-war as most on here, but it was awesome to see that as well. I was blown away by how many tables had tobacco cards, caramel cards, Goudeys, etc

6) Got to meet some of great people on net54.
- Howard Chasser (hcv123), A Few of my Favorite Things had a great display filled with quality vintage material. Make sure you stop by.

- I spent some time talking with Bill Brodhead (bbsports) about t206. His display is unreal. Truly the king of the t206.

- Stopped by Ted Z and Dan's booth, and found some common ground since both of them, as well as my dad, served in the military. Both great guys willing to share stories about the hobby.

- Also talked to Larry Dean for a while. Great selection. Fair prices. And the conversation and stories were worth stopping by.

7) Prices are high. I built lists of the cards that I was looking for in various grades, as well as my top buy price for each grade. When I do this, I compare recent sales, and I do take into account any differences in sales tax and shipping costs. Like the general market shows, I believe there should be a premium on cards with strong eye appeal and good centering. I saw exactly 1 card that was priced at my price level (and I bought it!). Everything was 20-50% high. There was a specific raw 52 Topps HOF that I was looking for in VG-EX range. Several BIN on eBay around $100 from reputable, high-quality feedback sellers. There were plenty of examples at the show, and the only card listed below $200 was an absolute beater with a missing corner (sticker $115). I know there is always room for negotiation, and I made offers on dozens cards. There were cards were the ask was double, so I didn't bother insulting the seller. I was always polite and sellers were as well, so no hard feelings. But don't go expecting bargains.

All in all, an amazing experience. I talked to many people that drove 3+ hours to be there and said it was worth it. If you're free, take the time to go.
Sold to: Sean1125, sayitaintso, IgnatiusJReilly, hockeyhockey, mocean, wondo, Casey2296, Belfast1933, Yoda, Peter_Spaeth, hxcmilkshake, kaddyshack, OhioCardCollector, Gorditadogg, Jay Wolt, ClementeFanOh, JollyElm, EddieZ, 4reals, uyu906
Old 09-25-2021, 06:50 AM

Drove up this morning. Will spend 2-3 hours. Waiting in line to go in. I doubt I buy anything, and I missing the Badger-Irish game for this (I will listen on radio driving home), but I missed the National and it’s been a long time since I went to a real card show, so…..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg AF3AB70D-FCA1-496E-B3C6-9FE28E911A09.jpg (14.1 KB, 461 views)
Old 09-25-2021, 06:57 AM
Don Hontz

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbymarine View Post
My dad and I had a great time at the Philly show last night. Here are my thoughts/observations:

1) TONS of post-war vintage material. I walked every table, and I would guess at least half the tables had significant quantities of vintage. There was something for everyone.

2) Lots of high-end graded vintage for sale.
- 1959 Gibson RC SGC 9.5
- 1952 Topps Jackie SGC 8
- Mantle, Aaron, Mays, Clemente, Williams

3) Plenty of low to mid graded vintage as well. Plenty of nice cards <$500.

4) Hordes of raw vintages to flip through. I'd guess about 20 tables had chairs in front of them all night. Collectors with lists, sorting for hours. Really cool to see.

5) I don't collect as much pre-war as most on here, but it was awesome to see that as well. I was blown away by how many tables had tobacco cards, caramel cards, Goudeys, etc

6) Got to meet some of great people on net54.
- Howard Chasser (hcv123), A Few of my Favorite Things had a great display filled with quality vintage material. Make sure you stop by.

- I spent some time talking with Bill Brodhead (bbsports) about t206. His display is unreal. Truly the king of the t206.

- Stopped by Ted Z and Dan's booth, and found some common ground since both of them, as well as my dad, served in the military. Both great guys willing to share stories about the hobby.

- Also talked to Larry Dean for a while. Great selection. Fair prices. And the conversation and stories were worth stopping by.

7) Prices are high. I built lists of the cards that I was looking for in various grades, as well as my top buy price for each grade. When I do this, I compare recent sales, and I do take into account any differences in sales tax and shipping costs. Like the general market shows, I believe there should be a premium on cards with strong eye appeal and good centering. I saw exactly 1 card that was priced at my price level (and I bought it!). Everything was 20-50% high. There was a specific raw 52 Topps HOF that I was looking for in VG-EX range. Several BIN on eBay around $100 from reputable, high-quality feedback sellers. There were plenty of examples at the show, and the only card listed below $200 was an absolute beater with a missing corner (sticker $115). I know there is always room for negotiation, and I made offers on dozens cards. There were cards were the ask was double, so I didn't bother insulting the seller. I was always polite and sellers were as well, so no hard feelings. But don't go expecting bargains.

All in all, an amazing experience. I talked to many people that drove 3+ hours to be there and said it was worth it. If you're free, take the time to go.
Very Nice report---you hit all the bases--thanks for update.
Old 09-25-2021, 07:00 AM
Johnny MaZilli

The last Philly show in June I seen a lot of new dealers with 100% modern shinny basketball, football, and baseball.

Yesterday I seen those same dealers with now 25% of there inventory as post war vintage. That’s good for our market ! They need a cushion run home to safety portion of their inventory, that will always been quality vintage :-).
Old 09-25-2021, 07:45 AM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Making me very anxious to go to a live show. The Eastern held on Long Island was cancelled last month due to a hurricane that wound up being nothing (luckily) near us.
Looking forward to Nationals next year in A.C.

Thanks for those providing updates and insight

Jeff Kuhr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/144250058@N05/

Looking for
1920 Heading Home Ruth Cards
1933 Uncle Jacks Candy Babe Ruth Card
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Joe Jackson Cards 1916 Advertising Backs
1910 Old Mills Joe Jackson
1914 Boston Garter Joe Jackson
1915 Cracker Jack Joe Jackson
1911 Pinkerton Joe Jackson
Shoeless Joe Jackson Autograph
Old 09-25-2021, 08:12 AM
James M.

Love hearing the reports from the September Philly Show! Also interesting to see the shift in inventory, as I went to the one in June and I definitely did see a great deal of shiny newer stuff as opposed to Post-War vintage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Making me very anxious to go to a live show. The Eastern held on Long Island was cancelled last month due to a hurricane that wound up being nothing (luckily) near us.
Looking forward to Nationals next year in A.C.

Thanks for those providing updates and insight
There's a 400 Table show at Hofstra on the 16th and the 17th of October, I believe this is the one that was scheduled because of the last one being interrupted by the hurricane.

charlietheexterminator, todeen, tonyo, Santo10fan
Bocabirdman (5x), 8thEastVB, JCMTiger, Rjackson44
Republicaninmass, 73toppsmann, quinnsryche (2x),
Donscards.
Old 09-25-2021, 12:26 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugbymarine View Post

1) TONS of post-war vintage material. I walked every table, and I would guess at least half the tables had significant quantities of vintage. There was something for everyone....
Thanks for the report, and I'm glad you and. your dad enjoyed it. That's great to hear (except for the prices!).

Totally random question, but did you see anyone with much in the way of old Type 1 photos or any vintage Japanese baseball cards? Those are two things I've been into lately and don't see around too much.
Old 09-25-2021, 04:06 PM
Ro.b Gui.1fo.y1e

I attended the show today and had a great time! I bought some 1952 Topps from Dave Schrader and picked up a big Cobb red portrait PB. I also sold some of my T206 HOF & commons and a couple shiny modern cards to help offset my big Cobb purchase.

This show was similar to the June show in the vintage / modern dealers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-25-2021, 04:26 PM
Eric Perry

I attended the show today, after discovering that finding parking was tougher than usual. It was fairly busy, with a diverse crowd and tons of material for them to sift through.

My goal was to pick up a HOFer for the T206 set I'm slowly piecing together. Mission accomplished, as I added this Tinker to my collection.

Prices on T206 (the only thing upon which I was focused) seemed fairly strong. I didn't help much to look at comps, even from a month or two ago.

There were a couple people walking around with nearly complete T206 sets...in binders. It was such a beautifully impressive thing to see; collectors flipping through stacks of tobacco cards, trying to fill the relatively few holes left in their sets.

I interacted with quite a few Net54 members, chatted up a few dealers, and had a wonderful time. Already looking forward to the next show.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1909-11-T206-Joe-Tinker-(Hands-on-Knees)-(Front).jpg (77.3 KB, 417 views)

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 09-25-2021, 04:43 PM
Jamie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankish View Post
Thanks for the report, and I'm glad you and. your dad enjoyed it. That's great to hear (except for the prices!).

Totally random question, but did you see anyone with much in the way of old Type 1 photos or any vintage Japanese baseball cards? Those are two things I've been into lately and don't see around too much.
I attended today and specifically was looking for photos and not much available. Did not see any Japanese either, but was not specifically looking.

The auction houses did have their previews (photos) and they had a few to look at.

I also met Ryan H after overhearing him say his name to a dealer. *Hopefully that was not too creepy.

Also, spent some time with Scott and got an up close look at that PSA “1.5” 52 Mantle and the Rose Co Post cards really nice.

Last edited by Schlesinj; 09-25-2021 at 04:45 PM.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:02 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schlesinj View Post
I attended today and specifically was looking for photos and not much available. Did not see any Japanese either, but was not specifically looking.

The auction houses did have their previews (photos) and they had a few to look at.

I also met Ryan H after overhearing him say his name to a dealer. *Hopefully that was not too creepy.

Also, spent some time with Scott and got an up close look at that PSA “1.5” 52 Mantle and the Rose Co Post cards really nice.
Hi.

Thanks for update
Just curious what auction house was showing Rose Co. postcards?

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 09-25-2021, 05:32 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrreality68 View Post
Hi.

Thanks for update
Just curious what auction house was showing Rose Co. postcards?
Collector Connection.

https://thecollectorconnection.com

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 09-25-2021, 05:48 PM
Jeffrey Kuhr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric72 View Post
Thanks appreciated.

Jeff Kuhr

Looking for
1921 Frederick Foto Ruth
Old 09-25-2021, 05:49 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Philly Show

Dan and I have really enjoyed all the Net54 guys who stopped by to visit with us to have some great conversations.

It has been a great Show. Drop by and see us at Booth #412.

Looking forward to meeting some more of you Net54er's on Sunday.

Ted Z and Dan McKee

Last edited by tedzan; 10-03-2021 at 06:29 AM. Reason: Corrected typo.
Old 09-25-2021, 05:52 PM
Fr@.nk T.ot.@

Quote:
Thank you!
Old 09-25-2021, 05:55 PM
Eric Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Dan and I have really enjoyed all the Net54 guys who stopped by to visit with us to have some great conversations.

It has been a great Show. Drop by and see us at Booth #412.

Looking forward to meeting some more of you Ner54er's on Sunday.

Ted Z and Dan McKee
Ted,

It was an absolute pleasure to chat with you today. Thanks for taking some time to speak with me. I greatly appreciate your willingness to share knowledge about the game and the hobby.

Best regards,

Eric

Currently collecting:
T206 (132/524)

- Yogi Berra
Old 09-25-2021, 08:26 PM

Went to the Philly show today. It’a less than an hour so I usually attend all the shows. Felt like more pre-war and vintage than last time, which is great thing for me! Prices are still strong, some dealers are always better than others. Saw a 33 Goudey Ruth psa 1.5 get purchased with cash so people are still spending money.

I passed on a T206 raw Speaker and went back to take a better look and it was gone, but instead picked up a raw t200 Fatima NY Nationals!
Old 09-25-2021, 10:03 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Thanks for the kind words

I am at booth 108 in the newly opened section just to the right inside the entrance. I have not had an opportunity to walk the show, but have enjoyed seeing some old net 54 faces and meeting a couple of new ones.

For anyone looking I do have some nice type 1 photos as well as a ton of great vintage material.

It's been a great show for me - sales have been brisk and I have picked up a few new gems.

Be sure and stop by if you are there tomorrow.

Cards for sale: https://www.flickr.com/photos/185900663@N07/albums

I am actively buying and selling vintage sports cards graded and raw. Feedback as a buyer: https://www.net54baseball.com/showthread.php?t=297262

I am accepting select private consignments of quality vintage cards (raw or graded) and collecting "want" lists for higher end ($1K+) vintage cards.
Old 09-26-2021, 10:37 AM

Quote:

Jamie, not creepy at all. I am glad you said hi and nice to meet you.

Regarding Scott’s auction- Collector Connection is really coming along impressively. His prewar auction is shaping up to be special. There are several items, including some Rose Co PCs I expect to try hard to own.

Regarding the show- it was larger/more tables than historically, with almost every square foot being taken up with dealers. Major buzz and very crowded. Tons of stuff- vintage and new. Great vibe in the room. In my opinion, many dealers must have smoked crack before they put price stickers on their cards, bc lots of asking prices were, in my opinion, were stupid high. But if the dealers are selling stuff, god bless them. Many AHs were there, and it was great to see upcoming items and talk to Derek, Dean, Scott, etc. Lee, where were you?? Also, wouid love to see Al from Love of the Game there. Saw some friends, had a great time walking the floor. Bought nothing- I will wait for auction houses so I can buy at fair market prices!

Last edited by Rhotchkiss; 09-26-2021 at 10:53 AM.
Old 09-28-2021, 08:34 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Thanks for the updates on the show, guys. As mentioned, I hope to get out and set up again with Danny and Ted Z (hey guys) soon.....I had a blast last time I set up in Phili......some of my favorite guys in the hobby go there!

Last edited by Leon; 09-28-2021 at 08:50 AM.
Old 09-30-2021, 11:04 AM
Ted Zanidakis

Default PHILLY Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Thanks for the updates on the show, guys. As mentioned, I hope to get out and set up again with Danny and Ted Z (hey guys) soon.....I had a blast last time I set up in Phili......some of my favorite guys in the hobby go there!
Hi Leon

Danny and I look forward to seeing you at the December Philly Show.

Saturday night we will treat you at the fancy Restaurant in the Valley Forge Hotel.

Take care, my good friend.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Old 09-30-2021, 11:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedzan View Post
Hi Leon

Danny and I look forward to seeing you at the December Philly Show.

Saturday night we will treat you at the fancy Restaurant in the Valley Forge Hotel.

Take care, my good friend.

TED Z

T206 Reference
Thanks Ted. I am going to try to make this happen.... Maybe I can catch another ride with Fred ....